Forum › Bridesmaid discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Great to see more from Ratana Satis and that she is also capable of delivering deeper stories (not saying Lily Love is shallow, but it's certainly more easygoing).

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

It really pisses me off sometimes that family obligations get in the way of true love, she is going to regret that her entire life, such a shame. I still like the story though.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Classic sad story. meh.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I thought Yuri had grown beyond this old typical bullshit of i love you but must marry because my family wants me to. I find the whole thing pathetic and a waste of time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I thought Yuri had grown beyond this old typical bullshit of i love you but must marry because my family wants me to. I find the whole thing pathetic and a waste of time.

Yeah, maybe once the culture these stories come from abandons pressure and attitudes like this it might happen. Easy to say as a western fan, where we don't usually have such concerns.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Lets hope Liliy Love wont end like that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This was a surprisingly heartfelt story.

And despite using a pretty cliche setting it still brings something new, the way the bride is characterized is amazing. She comes off like a mature person, choosing to do what is best for everyone, it is sad but so is life sometimes.

I do think you guys are overreacting, there's nothing on the story that implies she doesn't love her husband, is obvious she loves them both.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I don't know, from how it's going, my Melodramatic Yuri senses are tingling.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't know, from how it's going, my Melodramatic Yuri senses are tingling.

Well... according to newest spoilers (you can check our tumblr for them) ex drama is coming so it will be very interesting :> but this discussion is for other thread :)

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

marrying for love is a pretty bourgeois western concept.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

I can kinda relate, but being honest with your feelings and self is the right choice.
Don't live a life of regrets or what ifs.

10612629_855999057744079_3468998874083676355_n
joined Sep 12, 2014

;__;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

marrying for love is a pretty bourgeois western concept.

It's pretty recent even in the west, historically speaking.

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I really enjoyed reading this one. It hit me right in the feels. Yes it's been done so many times with yuri themes, but the maturity of it made it seem fresh. Sometimes it's hard to do what you want and to go against your families wishes.(Personal experience here)

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

ಠ_ಠ

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 5:50PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The bride seemed overly cruel. I mean, why is she confessing to her /after/ neither of them can act on it.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The bride seemed overly cruel. I mean, why is she confessing to her /after/ neither of them can act on it.

Probably to avoid any hesitation on her part.

Natsume chan
joined Jun 3, 2015

Good but sad....
;__;

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

"I've always loved you, and I'll make sure to only tell you when I get married to someone else in front of you to make sure it really hurts."

I don't mind angsty stories or bad/sad endings, but this was needlessly cruel on the bride's part. Maybe that's just me though.
Even if it's the whole "I'll tell you so I won't have any regrets", there's better times to do that other than literally at the wedding cerimony...

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 6:37PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oh, my poor little heart.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

:( Feeeeels

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

This can not end like that ... there's a story to tell with this one , either from them as kids til the marriage or from the marriage and how each on their lives develop . This could be a huge story line .

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

"I've always loved you, and I'll make sure to only tell you when I get married to someone else in front of you to make sure it really hurts."

I don't mind angsty stories or bad/sad endings, but this was needlessly cruel on the bride's part. Maybe that's just me though.
Even if it's the whole "I'll tell you so I won't have any regrets", there's better times to do that other than literally at the wedding cerimony...

I think it is more along the lines of "I'll tell you so you won't have any regrets." I mean, the Bride knows the Bridesmaid has been in love with her for a long time, and had been in love with her back too. And despite the Bridesmaid loving her she still came and were her Bridesmaid. So the best thing she could do - without leaving the groom and thus messing up everything regarding her family and traditions she worked so hard to maintain in the first place - is to give the Bridesmaid some closure. A "I know you love me. I love you too. But we both know it can't be. Here's a kiss for good luck." kinda deal. Now the Bridesmaid can go on with a broken heart but a fresh palette.

I mean after all, love isn't only to get someone but also to know when to let someone go. If you truly love someone you'll want what is best for them and not for yourself, no?

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 7:30PM

SoulBlighter
Pmm%20cute-min
joined Jun 4, 2015

So, bringing her along to shop for your wedding, making her your bridesmaid (effectively making sure she sees the entire damn thing) and then having the audacity to tell her that you knew her feelings all along after the wedding. And this is all supposed to be ok because you feel the same way ? Lmao. This is essentially emotional torture of the bridesmaid. There is a difference between sad/angst and straight up cruelty.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

So, bringing her along to shop for your wedding, making her your bridesmaid (effectively making sure she sees the entire damn thing) and then having the audacity to tell her that you knew her feelings all along after the wedding. And this is all supposed to be ok because you feel the same way ? Lmao. This is essentially emotional torture of the bridesmaid. There is a difference between sad/angst and straight up cruelty.

Well most of them are unrelated, aren't they? She wanted her there as her because they're obviously very close. And really what would the alternative be? "Sorry you can't come, can't explain why." Had she said anything before it would had just fanned the flames, and had she not said anything at all it would just have left the bridesmaid with a ton of what-ifs.

They both wants what is best for each other more than what is best for themselves, which in many ways makes it a better if sadder love-story. Kindness isn't always the best decision. "I know you loved me and I love you too, but I went through with the wedding anyhow. That is how resolute I am in my decision." A firm answer, a firm resolution. No what-ifs. It is sad, it is perhaps even a bit cruel, but it had to be done.

To reply you must either login or sign up.