Forum › Itou Hachi discussion

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

This mangaka might just kill me with cuteness. Everything they have published has been one of the cutest damn things I have ever read. Not to mention the art and just the quality of the story overall, it's all awesome. Thank you for existing.

joined Jan 30, 2015

I am not the most well read when it comes to older romantic stories, but I feel Itou Hachi's stories feel like they come from another era. I mean, they have gay marriage, women in masculine jobs, and fox ears (because the author likes fox ears.) And, of course, it's a manga with a modern art-style.

But, the way that a lot of the stories focus on a young woman or girl falling in idealized, chaste love with an older, wealthier person, the familial matchmaking, the upper class focus, the 19th to early 20th century technology; it feels like an early romance novel.

It is strangely jarring, to read modern yuri manga with this sort of nostalgia for old-fashioned romances (it is something I think comes through also in Hachi's author's notes). It is interesting to read, despite not fitting my tastes.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 2:59AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just found out that Itou Hachi is the artist for Okujou no Yuri Rei-san, the manga to the VN with the same name.

It's about two lesbian ghosts transforming their former school into a Yuritopia... So yeah, that sounds awesome.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That looks so great, I want this VN translated... I should really learn japanese

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's on YP but it seems like nobody's working on it right now. The last comment on the project discussion is 2 years old, at least.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

It's on YP but it seems like nobody's working on it right now. The last comment on the project discussion is 2 years old, at least.

Of course, that's bunk now, with Mangagamer bringing it on Steam (no cuts) next year.

But hopefully someone will translate the manga.

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 11:25AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Unless someone finds the raws and posts them or a kind soul buys it and scans it, we probably won't be getting anything unfortunately. I really want the manga as well. It's two volumes.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

THERE'S A MANGA FOR IT????
(how come ive never heard about this)

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 5:52AM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Someone linked to the raws about a month ago here. They also had volume 2, which has art by Aya Fumio.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Wait, did Hachi do the art for the vn, or the manga, and that's like different things/adaptations

joined May 23, 2015

There's an Itou Hachi manga series I've been following for quite a while, and I've occasionally entertained the idea of translating it but my team really can't handle any more series.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Wait, did Hachi do the art for the vn, or the manga, and that's like different things/adaptations

Manga (volume 1), which focuses on characters not in the game. The VN art is by Peg (who also did art for the drama CDs and some small booklets that I assume are side stories called the 'recipe series'). Aya Fumio did a second volume of the manga which has no characters in common with the rest of the series due to being 3 years later in the timeline.

Crazy opinion: a potential third volume should try to get Niina Ryou for the art.

last edited at Mar 9, 2016 4:13AM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Great artist, really cute style

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://www.yuri-ism.net/slide/series/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel/

(not yet here)

Somehow, I feel it's unfinished. Or rushed? There was a setup for something with the mother and/or with the tomboy and/or with the wings and halo... and then... "the end".

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 9:21AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

http://www.yuri-ism.net/slide/series/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel/

(not yet here)

Somehow, I feel it's unfinished. Or rushed? There was a setup for something with the mother and/or with the tomboy and/or with the wings and halo... and then... "the end".

It's an ongoing series. Three volumes are out.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh, i guess it was the end of Volume 1 then.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, i guess it was the end of Volume 1 then.

Yup.
About that actually, the characters seemed familiar to me, reminded me of their other one shot and wow I was right, it's the exact same character design.

Neru is a bird that becomes a little girl by making a wish to the forest's Goddess, to find and thank the doctor that saved her. The doctor is a woman that hates humans because they "like to reject people who are different", and focuses on using plants and herbs to make medicine.
Mikoto is the younger sister that becomes an angel/grows wings through a wish to God and Sayuri is a florist that "lost trust in others, especially men".
One loses flight and the other gains it tho

But basically a warm cheery younger girl seeking an adult, misanthropist-ish woman

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:12AM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Itou Hachi's character art is probably my favorite. The stories she (or he?) writes are always really sweet and touching. Definitely in my top 5 yuri artists along with Morinaga Milk and Morishima Akiko

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This author is on Tokoharu's level really.
So cute and sweet. Absolutely love it.

joined May 24, 2014

An all-new raw one-loli (not TOO explicit) manga from itou hachi!

Enjoy!

joined May 24, 2014

Where? Also, her shot in this new Éclair was the tamest thing ever. Not even a kiss.

They deleted it

You know what?

Fuck it, just look up somu senpai on facebook and you'll find it

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 12:18AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

dammit itou

i hope someone finds it and translates it to english

joined Jun 12, 2015

^All Eclair books are on the net. You can find them easily.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

I swear to god Itou Hachi's already killed someone because they can't handle all the cuteness

Hqdefault
joined Apr 10, 2015

Each and every manga that the author write is too cute >.<

To reply you must either login or sign up.