Forum › Lily Love discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

let me explain this. If you travel to Japan or Korea..you will see some people covered their mouth with mask when they are ill right? It means they didnt want to spread their virus to other human. That person care about other person well being.

I think different cultures have a different concept when it comes to individual freedoms vs social responsibility. depending the types of mechanisms society uses to reinforce collective well being, it may seem odd, sometimes it can be off putting for those unfamiliar with the setting of the society, without the proper context it does sound weird or sexist for those unfamiliar.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Yuri is taking over the world! Maybe we should get something along the lines of a 'non-Japanese' or 'world yuri' or 'mawha' tag or something?

in Thailand women shouldn't smoke. It's not good.

No comment, just wtf. Don't want to read this now.

Apparently it's the same in Russia, according to a Russian lady with whom i used to work.

As far as I know, the percentage of smokers in Russia is huge - if I remember right, statistics show that about 30% of women and 50% of men smoke.

Last year we had a new law installed that forbids smoking in public places. Personally, as a non-smoker, I'd say about damn time. TBH, I don't mind it when people smoke...tobacco. As in, pipes and good stuff. But cigarettes give off that awful sticky smell that will stay in your clothes forever.

Still, I guess there is some gender discrimination there. While both male and female smoking is viewed negatively, female is more negative.
Still, isn't that true for many "sins" in most countries? While it's gender discrimination, I wouldn't say that it's "anti-female" - it goes against males just as much. Women are generally more shunned for any wrongdoings - but at the same time, men are almost expected to behave badly. "Ah, well he's a guy, of course he'd do this"...

I see. That does seem to be congruent with what she was explaining. She did say smoking was a filthy habit - she was more strongly against it than your average non-smoker - but at the time i put that down to her own personal views because she was very...classy? Like would not leave the house in jeans/trousers/leggings, it had to be a dress and heels but now that you say that it could well have been that smoking is viewed negatively in Russia full-stop. But yes, she was much more forgiving of men smoking than women. She was horrified that myself and the other female language assistants we were living with (from Spain and Austria) smoked. "It's just not what a lady does!" :D

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

You list lesbians, toms and dees seperately. Do you mean to say that toms and dees are not exactly lesbians, they are another sexual identity in Thailand, separate from lesbians?

I think it's like our tomboys, butch, fem, ultra fem....

This just showed up on my facebook newsfeed this morning: http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/this-documentary-explores-thailands-queer-tomboy-culture#.dmEwGgPLy
So toms and dees must be not seen as lesbians then.
"You have to have a flat chest." Must be tough for some. Either have said flat chest, bind your entire life, get top surgery or go home. :-/ Have yet to watch the actual documentary.

Since we're on the subject of MoC queer women, i've been wondering...how do people feel about submissive MoC queer women? Or those that are more versatile bottoms? Like do they exist? OK, dumb question, of course they do, but are they (we?) as rare as i think?

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 8:25AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since we're on the subject of MoC queer women, i've been wondering...how do people feel about submissive MoC queer women? Or those that are more versatile bottoms? Like do they exist? OK, dumb question, of course they do, but are they (we?) as rare as i think?

MoC?

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

You list lesbians, toms and dees seperately. Do you mean to say that toms and dees are not exactly lesbians, they are another sexual identity in Thailand, separate from lesbians?

I think it's like our tomboys, butch, fem, ultra fem....

This just showed up on my facebook newsfeed this morning: http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/this-documentary-explores-thailands-queer-tomboy-culture#.dmEwGgPLy
So toms and dees must be not seen as lesbians then.
"You have to have a flat chest." Must be tough for some. Either have said flat chest, bind your entire life, get top surgery or go home. :-/ Have yet to watch the actual documentary.

Really interesting.
Way more complex than what I thought. Lot of boxes created to put specific variations in.
I wonder why nobody talks about the fact that some of them might be taking testosterone injections.
To answer to your question, I don't know if it is rare; but it does feel like when you're more a tomboy than a fem, you also have to come out as a bottom oriented one. Kind of scary.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

MoC?

Masculine-of-Center. So butches, studs, bois, tomboys, soft butches, stone butches...

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 4:16PM

Images(2)
joined Jan 10, 2015

Like the art :-) update fast!!!

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Really interesting.
Way more complex than what I thought. Lot of boxes created to put specific variations in.
I wonder why nobody talks about the fact that some of them might be taking testosterone injections.
To answer to your question, I don't know if it is rare; but it does feel like when you're more a tomboy than a fem, you also have to come out as a bottom oriented one. Kind of scary.

I just watched the actual documentary and was pleased to see it mentioned the film Yes or No. I have actually seen that. :)
I suppose ultimately, even though they may be taking T they still don't identify as men and I have watched an interview with a cis woman who took T for a few months solely because she wanted a deeper voice. Which sounds like a fun idea, I don't particularly like my somewhat girlish voice but would be terrified of other changes if I were to go on T. :D
Yeah, that tomboys are assumed to always be tops (or that they have to be) is sad. Then again I have heard that not all femmes are necessarily tops...though I suppose there is less stigma choosing a more dominant role (there is no 'top shame' as there is 'bottom shame').
Also was very surprised to hear there are 'gay toms' who like other toms. Reminds me of the way a small amount of MoC women in the west prefer other MoC women as opposed to more feminine women. Though from what I have read being, as some call them, a 'fag butch' or 'faggy dyke' is stigmatized even in the queer community. I've heard it described as 'being gay within the gay community' and that such folks have to come out twice, once as gay, then as someone who is into MoC women. So I wonder if there is that discrimination of 'gay toms' in Thai queer culture.

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 4:43PM

Images(2)
joined Jan 10, 2015

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Especially since real life definitely isn't as perfect yuri mangas in terms of looks lol.

(Nez Note Just a quick edit to make the quote a bit less obnoxious. Carry on, citizen.)

Funny i draw manga and cartoon and am good at it but if you truely think it is imposible to make ugly characters you are dead worng cause it takes skill to do so,it may look easy but it is not....it's not but once your good your good :-)

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Especially since real life definitely isn't as perfect yuri mangas in terms of looks lol.

(Nez Note Just a quick edit to make the quote a bit less obnoxious. Carry on, citizen.)

Funny i draw manga and cartoon and am good at it but if you truely think it is imposible to make ugly characters you are dead worng cause it takes skill to do so,it may look easy but it is not....it's not but once your good your good :-)

Got a Pixiv, Deviant, Tumblr where you share your art?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think it's impossible to make ugly characters, it's more when characters complain about being ugly they're almost always not drawn ugly.

Of course, most artists spend most of the time drawing stuff they consider attractive, and switching gears to something they're not used to is hard. Some specialize in ugly stuff, but then most of them aren't really drawing romance and the like.

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

I'm from the Philippines too :D kinda refreshing to know

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

I'm from the Philippines too :D kinda refreshing to know

Hi Yui, if you know yuri artists from Philippines - please share ;)

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

So after they trash talk the girl and call her a bitch, she just sits down and laughs with them? The girls Donut hangs out with.....

(By the way, Nez, sorry if the font I used was annoying in the quotes)

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Mew sure is mysterious.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Did she really just had a cage for the hamster laying around? And it wasn't suspicious when she moved in but the hamster is? She could have just put a lid on it and camouflage it as an ordinary box then.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

They have such bizarre names... I know some are nicknames, but Donut and Mew are kinda out there. Not complaining, just find it interesting.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I find it funny that this is like the one series where I like the normal usual art more than the "she's beautiful" or "she's totally serious" art lol.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's kinda hard to take this manga seriously with all these silly names. Donut, Jigsaw, Ice, P'man, P'Golf.
I'm not making fun of it or anything but it's just a little funny to me.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

so far this isn't drama (and probably won't be :P) so silly/funny names are accurate :)

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

the art @_@ LOVE IT! gawd...

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

It's kinda hard to take this manga seriously with all these silly names. Donut, Jigsaw, Ice, P'man, P'Golf.
I'm not making fun of it or anything but it's just a little funny to me.

Are the names also translated, instead of being given as they should be pronounced?
Like having "Real Princess chan" instead of "Maki (真姫) chan" in Love lives.
??

last edited at Feb 17, 2015 5:45PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

so far this isn't drama (and probably won't be :P)

I dunno about that, it seems pretty obvious that Mew has some baggage with her.

Great chapter, amazing characters and stunning art.

Img000041
joined Oct 11, 2010

The names in this story remind me of Husky and Medley. Maybe the author of this story had a similar idea (handles instead of names).

joined Apr 23, 2014

I wonder what color the trashcan on page 10. Is it a dark grey/blue or is it dyed a unusual dusty pink or tangelo orange for effect? Well, I guess any of those would be fitting, but I personally think a seashore green would be very fitting.

Hope to see more things like this in the future, without a doubt yes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.