Forum › Gakkou Gurashi! discussion

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I really need to reread this up until the latest chapter, I'm forgetting names like no other.

I'm actually really surprised that Rii-san actually managed to find her little sister. I thought she might have just been going insane and hearing voices, but glad to see something finally go right for once.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I would be checking imouto for bites....and her sister.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm still conflicted about the tone of this manga. I think it's giving me cognitive dissonance.

1451529_648452608566653_3803985760485621675_n
joined May 10, 2015

on the lastchapter i was like ohh shit ohh shit fuck fuck zombies

joined Mar 23, 2013

I really need to reread this up until the latest chapter, I'm forgetting names like no other.

I'm actually really surprised that Rii-san actually managed to find her little sister. I thought she might have just been going insane and hearing voices, but glad to see something finally go right for once.

Um that's not her sister. She's losing it.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Poor Ruu-chan is the new Megu-nee.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

YAS!!!! its back!!!

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Seeing as how I missed that, I must be losing it too... lmao

However, I guess that follows the insanity route I was thinking of, in a way o_o

joined Mar 23, 2013

I feel bad for Shovel-tan, she knows it's just a question of time.

I was surprised about the fate of radio girl, she had a beautiful design. Normally less than fodder design characters tend to not die like this, especially off screen.

last edited at May 12, 2015 10:07PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think that Rii might off completely lost it (;.;). I think that she is imagining her younger sister to be there. And what she brought back was was actually the bear. She was holding to her sisters hand but she could had been holding the bears paw. This is actually really sad it just shows you how unstable she has become (or maybe how unstable she really was all along) if she were to be on her own or to lose anyone else in the group she would literally die. I thought that Yuki was the most psychologically weakest out of all of them but it turns out that Rii is the most unstable :'( ....THis manga needs a damn anime god damn it ;.;.

joined Mar 23, 2013

....THis manga needs a damn anime god damn it ;.;.

An anime has been confirmed a while ago, I think it's in this summer season if no delays.

I mean, cute girls doing cute depressing things and zombies. Winning formula if I ever saw one.

last edited at May 12, 2015 10:19PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Seeing as how I missed that, I must be losing it too... lmao

However, I guess that follows the insanity route I was thinking of, in a way o_o

She looks exactly like in the flashback of the previous chapter, with the bear paw pocket designs and the (teddybear ears) puff balls on her hair n all... But the chances of her being real are too implausible to consider...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gakkou_gurashi_ch34#15

I suppose it was her actual outfit in her memories that just so happen to be teddybear-like that triggers it all and she sees the bear as her sister... Quite a pull there but I guess it works.

joined Jan 30, 2013

hyped for the anime if this is true!!!!

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

She's so sweet, it makes me sad that her psyche is falling apart. That is definitely the bear, with the mustache matching on both. You'd also think if she walked out with another human being those two would have more of a reaction, instead it's "uh... yeah". :(

last edited at May 13, 2015 4:21AM

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

hyped for the anime if this is true!!!!

It is true http://myanimelist.net/anime/24765/Gakkou_Gurashi!

joined Jan 30, 2013

^holy goddess madoka!! yas!!

Av_kawaii
joined Feb 23, 2013

So... I need to sleep so I'll toss these thoughts here, before I get crazy... Here's what I think its happening:
thinking about how rii is having just the same condition as another character just at the same time the other one starts to get reliable. Seems like the book miki was researching: Multiple persona's, when one persona is about to act rashly in order to protect the master persona another persona takes over. Also first the delusion is about the older sister, now the younger one. I kinda feel it's only one person with multiple personas...
I was just thinking about it... (Or better: not sleeping because of this...) -.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Guys, I'm surprised none of you mentioned The Walking Dead poster in chapter 32 at the radio station.

joined Jan 11, 2015

waiting for new chapters

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

So the first episode of the anime has been released. Any thoughts?

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/gakkou-gurashi-episode-1-online

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I think the manga did the first episode better

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I get the impression that the anime chose to start at a later point and will be using flashbacks for the first few chapters of the manga.

As someone new to the series who watched the anime first and knew nothing going in, I did like how it was all set up. My reactions ended up following this pattern: "This is a little too happy... kind of unremarkable... why has no one moved from their seats all day? Why are we now in the uncanny valley? ZOMBIES and CRAZY PEOPLE!?!?! Hell yes."

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I get the impression that the anime chose to start at a later point and will be using flashbacks for the first few chapters of the manga.

As someone new to the series who watched the anime first and knew nothing going in, I did like how it was all set up. My reactions ended up following this pattern: "This is a little too happy... kind of unremarkable... why has no one moved from their seats all day? Why are we now in the uncanny valley? ZOMBIES and CRAZY PEOPLE!?!?! Hell yes."

As someone who read the manga, I prefered how the anime did it. I liked all the signs:

Girls reacting to her delusions, like when opening doors to classrooms.
The grave on the roof scene.
The spine-chilling message in the blackboard behind the teacher (it was quite jarring, in a good way).
A short scene where the windows were broken while still in the delusional POV.

Wondering how the story will start off from there. I am not a 1:1 adaptation purist, as long as it is good I am good with it.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Couple of new chapters scanlated from Chinese raws are out. I suspect Dynasty'll wanna wait for the Deel versions.

joined Jan 30, 2013

The anime YAS!!!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.