Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Reitai8_cut%20small
joined May 20, 2014

We're still looking for a [b]2nd Ja->En translator[/b] but now also a [b]proofreader[/b] (must be Native English speaker).
We're focusing on doujinshi and original manga and would also tackle down a new yuri vampire series by Waterfall (Takano Saku) if possible.
Generally, you can expect fluffy SFW and NSFW manga/doujinshi as well as comedy, though we don't shy away from drama or angst. What we won't do is horror/violence.

Please contact me under https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/ if you're interested. Skype and/or discord is used for communication and Google Drive for proofreading work.

Our website: http://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/

edit: recruitment for the proofreader position is closed.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 5:34AM

Mad%20avatar
joined Jul 6, 2012

Wannabe novice translator here. My Japanese isn't fantastic, but I'm always working on it. Can translate to and from English and Spanish, from Japanese. I have no experience working with this sort of project as of yet.

My most preferred genres: Shoujo, Josei, Romance, Shoujo ai, Yuri, Yaoi, Gender bender, Slice of Life, Comedy, School Life, Drama. Sci-Fi and Fantasy are both fine, as are adult elements, etc etc

If any group is desperate for a translator or proofreader, or is willing to take a newbie under their wing, I would love to help you out.

If you are still reading these posts, I could use some help on Yuri*Kome. One of my translator helpers is very busy and hasn't had much time. Releases are taking 3 to 4 months. Chapter 4 is moving much quicker but I could still use any help I can get.

Mad%20avatar
joined Jul 6, 2012

On another note, I have been following Yuri Projects guide to resize and save for uploading. A height of 2000 px. I am working with a translator on a seinen, all girl, martial arts manga. This one has some double page spreads. Would I use the same height? This is a first time thing for me.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@1992marigold
Do you mean that it's a spread where the image is turned on the side, and thus taller? Either way, I suggest simply combining the pages like this. If you don't have perfect/digital scans (i.e. ones that don't meld together perfectly), you can splice them together by finding the right spacing, and adding a black/white line to fill the space between, like this.

Mad%20avatar
joined Jul 6, 2012

@1992marigold
Do you mean that it's a spread where the image is turned on the side, and thus taller? Either way, I suggest simply combining the pages like this. If you don't have perfect/digital scans (i.e. ones that don't meld together perfectly), you can splice them together by finding the right spacing, and adding a black/white line to fill the space between, like this.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I, actually, debinded this particular book. Scanned both pages next to each other. They lined up will but there were a number of holes and the line down the middle to repair.

To reply you must either login or sign up.