Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Cat9
joined Dec 30, 2014

Something like this would be nice.

Agree.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Code blocks in Image discussion look slightly bugged if you read it via the forum thread
Not that it's used often, but still...

last edited at Dec 31, 2014 9:05AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Not sure if this the same as Upload Request History that was rejected on the list.

Upload Request Status - With the option to edit current upload or withdraw requests.

(If any mod happens to see any of my upload requests from the past few days, please ignore all of them. I just realized that the artist requested for them not to be uploaded after reading their profile.)

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I think it would be quite convenient and possibly productive if the forum were split into two sections: one part is dedicated for manga/ doujinshi discussion while the other section shows only the topics started by users, thus, there will (hopefully) be no double post of the same topic.

From what I've noticed, one of the popular topics by users is the "searching for a specific manga/doujinishi" topic. If this was implemented (the splitting of forums into two), it would save a lot of time eliminating the need to search the forum (page by page) or use google to search for a specific topic using keywords.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Could we please get a handy link to a brief Markdown listing near the reply area? Doesn't matter if it's to a brand-new pop-up or to the already existing thread/post. Alternatively, a short note on the side, without a link/window. I don't post very often and it would be nice to not have to navigate to main forum and then to the thread to keep it open on the side.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

there seem to be new translations by team 11x2

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

One thing I noticed.
When you navigate to some specific page in the middle of chapter - via direct URL, for example - you still load the first page of the chapter.

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 4:38AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

One thing I noticed.
When you navigate to some specific page in the middle of chapter - via direct URL, for example - you still load the first page of the chapter.

I think that's due to whatever method they're using to load the pages. The pages are loaded as an ID in the URL (the same idea as clicking a link in the table of contents on a Wikipedia page if you're unfamiliar with the concept) so they're probably using javascript to load and unload the images so it would always load the first one if you follow a direct link.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

The release post link for Tonde Kita (by Akikan) is corrupted, currently it is:

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!KUhw1KxT!i-ExTpMG4O_NGmiP_BjJtG419bHNHoGZdpubtku7nHg

Should be:

http://mega.co.nz/#!KUhw1KxT!i-ExTpMG4O_NGmiP_BjJtG419bHNHoGZdpubtku7nHg

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Thanks, fixed. Need to remind myself to check these from now on...

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

^Thanks, fixed. Need to remind myself to check these from now on...

im not sorry for the distraction ;D

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It would be useful if we could navigate from one issue of YH to the next. Or view the entire list of issues, with links, on one page.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It would be useful if we could navigate from one issue of YH to the next. Or view the entire list of issues, with links, on one page.

I remember that used to be possible, when you finished one issue, you could hit the link at the top of the page and get the full list of YH issues (or Hirari or whatever) and simply click to go to the next one. Not sure why that function was removed, but there were a number of changes in how things were organized at the time. Wouldn't mind seeing it back, it was handy.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, well the Magazine: tag is already there, so it basically just needs to be added to navigation options

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Or view the entire list of issues, with links, on one page.

http://dynasty-scans.com/issues Is this what you mean? Or something different

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Like that, but for each magazine. So clicking Yuri Hime would get you a list of issues separate from the rest, and you would have a link on the individual stories to bring you back to the Yuri Hime page. Like I said, the functionality was there in the past, but things got reorganized about a year or so ago into the current arrangement.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Like that, but for each magazine. So clicking Yuri Hime would get you a list of issues separate from the rest, and you would have a link on the individual stories to bring you back to the Yuri Hime page. Like I said, the functionality was there in the past, but things got reorganized about a year or so ago into the current arrangement.

Basically. On its own having a separate page for just "Yuri Hime" isn't such a big deal, but it would pretty convenient if after arriving at the page for a given issue of YH (coming maybe from a particular chapter) you could click on something (say, the "Yuri Hime" portion of "Yuri Hime Vol. X") and arrive at a directory of all the issues of Yuri Hime.

We've been going through some of the old YHs lately, and Dynasty's pretty much the best place to check on what's translated where (YP's wiki isn't kept up-to-date), but the navigation could be easier.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Could there be an addition to the Konna Kita page mentioning that their stories Nowhere To Go and In The Afternoon were licensed and are available in a yaoi collection (for some strange reason) called Sunday's Child from eManga and available here: https://www.emanga.com/detail?itemid=723

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm kinda curious why they've simply been removed from the reader. Girl Friends is licensed and it simply states as much without having a chapter listing and has a link to a place you can buy it so you'd think something similar (maybe without the link bit since the person editing might not know where to get it) would happen here. Or is it because they were one-shots and thus wouldn't actually have a chapters listing or something? (In which case maybe adding that collection to the reader for the express purpose of listing Nowhere To Go and In the Afternoon might be a good idea.)

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I was wondering whether my question from 20th Dec 2014 had been considered:

I was wondering whether Usotsuki Lily's chapter 95 should be tagged with Yaoi --------------?

It definitely is that, but is the tag left out to avoid spoilers? Because it's not really much of a spoiler - you can see it coming a mile away. And tagging would allow people who really aren't into it to avoid this one chapter.

joined May 20, 2013

Can you guys put the images beneath the title on every manga?

joined Jul 25, 2013

I would love to get an RSS feed of my Subscribed updates. It might also work to have an RSS feed for each of your lists so you could get the same effect by using the feed from your To Read list.

joined Sep 24, 2014

sorry, but i may asking in wrong place... because i dont know where to requesting

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=48548080
is a work of my friend from same circle, he made it last year and selling it at some local event. is his decision is to uploaded our work in 1/2~1 year after we sell it at the event.

what i want to ask is can i uploaded his work here? of cource the artist is fully know about it, he want to his work can reached more reader and of couce to promoting himself.

5afc3ac0f48a4c6087bde63c209c069b
joined Aug 22, 2014

Is there a specific reason you do not host official art in the images section?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

what i want to ask is can i uploaded his work here? of cource the artist is fully know about it, he want to his work can reached more reader and of couce to promoting himself.

Would you mind if I pm'd the artist on pixiv first to confirm this first? I'm sorry we haven't had the chance to look it over, but I'd like to clear it with them before continuing. (and thank you, by the way)

Is there a specific reason you do not host official art in the images section?

We do, it's just not a focus. There is some official YKA, Nanoha, and Saki art (as well as some from lesser known manga series). Feel free to request or point out pieces you'd like to see up. Even a vague, "Madoka Official Art" request could be enough in this case.

Edit: Reminder to myself to check this topic again later to respond to some older ones.

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 1:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.