Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Sunnyskies posted:

I hope this doesn't go the "Poly person is proved wrong and magically becomes monogamous upon meeting the 'right' person" route because that's just insulting.

I don't mean to be "that guy", but outside of fiction, polyamorous relationships are never long-lived and are always doomed to fail. They are inherently unhealthy. Monogamous relationships are complicated enough already. The more individuals with different ways-of-thinking and motivations you throw into the mix, the more complicated and unstable the dynamic becomes. It's all in the math.

They are neither unhealthy or doomed to fail.

But it takes a lot to make it work for the people involved.

Because it's difficult to meet everyone's expectations.

And mostly because of external pressure, like yours.

All relationships require communication to work. This is double so for polyamorous. All parts involved have to be speaking in the same language, which makes it hard. However, no significant study or statistics have come about the dynamics of polyamorous relationships, so yeah man, you're being "that guy" with nothing to back you up other than preconceptions

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

They may not be "doomed to fail", but they're certainly more fragile by nature. A very altruistic person like Amane is a minimum to hold all the sides of the triangle together.

That said, I don't think this arc will end badly for anyone. Because… well… this is AnoKiss. Things never end badly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Writing the phrase "I don't mean to be 'that guy'" is usually an indication that you're about to be exactly "that guy".

It's similar to how when someone says "I'm not homophobic but", it means they're about to be a homophobic butt.

Either way, hitting cancel and walking away will make you look better in the end.

Hmmm the latest chapter here seems to me like the dark haired girl was messaging to the "psycho yandere" girl who seems to maybe hmm feel something for the dark haired girl and not the poly girl instead, and maybe 'cuz the dark haired one gets closer to the poly one, she gets all jealous and also stopped messaging the lonely dark haired......?
Or maybe i just didn't read the other chapters before that very much...?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's the first chapter about those three, so you can't have missed anything. >.> (By the way, who are the two gals in your avatar? Just curious…)

^^ Huh, it's not quite as bad as that.

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 8:46PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'll buy socially-accepted twincest and Tsubasa keeping Honoka chained up in the basement, but I draw the line at polyamory. The only people that works for are the school nurse and her harem. As long as depraved bisexuals don't stir up trouble, and her harem doesn't include those clumsy, shy girls who are waiting to receive precious mementos from the most glamorous, fiery girl in the whole high school.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Seriously, the school in this series is gayer than the one in Strawberry Panic. You must have to pass a girl-kissing test to get in :)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm kinda hoping for a teacher romance for the next not-AyaYuri arc. There was an advertising text teasing that very early in the series…

We need more adult lesbians in yuri. Like Hakozaki-sensei and the manager in YagaKimi.

^Really? :0

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah, it was in the "recap" pages of the early mag raws (I took this from the raw of chapter 4).

text

"From Shiramine and Kurosawa's story, everything is set in motion. Their relatives, senpais, classmates or kouhais, and even their teachers... There are as many stories as there are girls..."

Naruhodo! That school is so gay that it should be a crime

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Naruhodo! That school is so gay that it should be a crime for straight girls to attend it

Fix'd it for ya.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

An all-lesbians girl-school...

*Shudders*

That'd be hell IRL.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Thanks, didn't realize it was that time of the month already.

Oh boy. XD It'll be an interesting chap for sure.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 1:39PM

Nina
wat r u doing
Nina
staph

AnoKiss twitter published the cover:

And is going to be out on Mar/12
https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/826597468095680512

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh… so they kept the awkward English subtitle? >.>

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Downloading last month's Comic Alive issue, I realized there was a Little Theater for chapter 28.

Misato

…But I'm not sure I get the reference in the 4th panel. Does someone have an idea?

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 2:51PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

…Downloading last month's Comic Alive issue, I realized there was a Little Theater for chapter 28.

super cute*
apparently*
You can probs request for this page to be added in that chapter, so it won't just get lost and buried in this thread

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I intended to do that yeah, just wanted some opinions.

You should do it ,so it won't get lost like Faust said.
About the reference, it probably refers to LINE.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh! It must be that, yes. Thanks. =]

edit: Okay, the page's been added.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

You should do it ,so it won't get lost like Faust said.
About the reference, it probably refers to LINE.

You use Line as a communication tool, you don't play it. My guess is she's referring to Live as in Love Live.

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 6:36AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"Yatteru" can mean both, so it still works. Since she's talking about chatting with her, LINE is more likely.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch28#34

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 8:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.