Forum › Manga General Thread

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME SOME GOOD INCEST, FUCK!
Not only was Onii-chan Control's ending shit, so was Onii-chan no koto nanka zenzen suki ja nai da kara ne's

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
Koi Kaze.(though it's not yuri)

joined Jan 8, 2016

You can call me Onii-chan.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Koi Kaze.(though it's not yuri)

Already read it
...Though i forgot everything about it other than that the dude shaves at some point, so time for a re-read

You can call me Onii-chan.

Onii-chan

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 1:16PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Was it too optimistic for me to think that they wouldn't stoop that low though? I knew the whole ecchi thing but this is kind of a new level of fanservice. For pete's sake, the color cover page had Lucy staring at the reader while drenched in water (I hope that was water).

Japanese people love to do that. I mean incest, rape and tentacles are like most common thing to them in manga. These dude made one of strongest and scariest Lovecraft gods into a big boobs sex crazy chick. So why not this?

Whenever I read a new manga i keep in mind that any of girls in it can get raped or most disguisting stuff can be sexualized, thats how i avoid getting disguisted or surprised from manga.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Utoptia's note

Remember, don't start hating on something because it's likely to lead to a discussion whose finality is your ban, Ulquiorra. And I don't want you to be hit by the banhammer again, so be careful ! All I can do is warn you, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ;)

Edit : I apologize, I misread the rules; I didn't acknowledge joking with a friend was against it. Will keep that in mind ..

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 4:21PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Utoptia

You're not a moderator, so quit it now.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Utoptia

You're not a moderator.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 4:27PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Passive-aggressive isn't a good look. Don't reply to this, I'd like people to return to the actual topic rather than waste time on this.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Boku wa Mari no Naka felt like the author was just kind of done with it. I know he had already started a new series, and you can really notice that he's obviously investing less time on Mari in the later chapters. More blank backgrounds, bigger frames, and the plot progress starts really dragging. It just kinda seems like the author wanted to do his big plot twist, and once that was obvious he was ready to be done with it.

I do still read Mari as totally gay though. Like, in the early chapters we learn about her having a ton of anxiety over various aspects of her life, especially the stress of judgment from her peers, and her attempts to keep up her perfect appearance. That she then has a romantic encounter with another girl could be read as the final straw, she already is stressed out at trying to fit in, now she's learning about her sexuality and realizing she has to hide that too? We know she had already been turning down boys who had asked her out, and Isao also finds girly mags in Mari's closet. You could read it as one reason why Mari envied Isao so much, that his sexuality was catered to while she has to keep hers hidden.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Utoptia's note

Remember, don't start hating on something because it's likely to lead to a discussion whose finality is your ban, Ulquiorra. And I don't want you to be hit by the banhammer again, so be careful ! All I can do is warn you, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ;)

Edit : I apologize, I misread the rules; I didn't acknowledge joking with a friend was against it. Will keep that in mind ..

I didn't hated on anyone in my comment. I just stated that Japanese manga artists tend to over sexualize things so its better to be prepare your mind before reading something unknown or new.

joined Oct 30, 2016

I don't know if i should ask this here... but i'm gonna ask anyway.
Do you know any sites that could help me buy manga? some manga in amazon jp are restricted because of the country of my origin. If possible one's that are downloadable just like kindle...
Thanks!

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ BookWalker has a nice selection of digital manga. There's an international version as well for English-language manga. The FAQ doesn't mention anything about their books being unavailable in some countries and I haven't had any trouble buying from them.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^ BookWalker has a nice selection of digital manga. There's an international version as well for English-language manga. The FAQ doesn't mention anything about their books being unavailable in some countries and I haven't had any trouble buying from them.

Whoa, I didn't know this existed. It's been such a pain trying to find a place to actually support these authors without having to pay excessive shipping and import taxes, not to mention the long time it takes to ship physical copies. Thanks!

joined Jan 21, 2015

Whoa, I didn't know this existed. It's been such a pain trying to find a place to actually support these authors without having to pay excessive shipping and import taxes, not to mention the long time it takes to ship physical copies. Thanks!

I know!! I'd heard about it, but only recently decided to try it out and not having to worry about shipping costs and storage space is a relief. They also carry some magazines, including Yuri Hime.

However, I should point out that the resolution is a bit tiny, and I think they only accept PayPal at the moment.

For physical copies, I use honto.jp. They offer a few different shipment methods that are cheaper and less likely than EMS to get flagged by customs.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok, so I probably should post it in the Gakkou Gurashi thread but I don't want to get spoiled. So I'm reading only my native release so I'm currently on the volume 5. So in it the helicopter finds the school, but the guy in it is either affected by the virus or something else, he tries to cure himself but he breaks it, which leads to him crashing next to school and ruining life for girls. So... wtf was that about? Is it explained later? Did I miss something?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..... I was starting to feel really happy...
These latest Fuuka chapters felt kinda weird, almost as if it was being rushed, could it truly be being rushed? Is the ending in sight? Oh boy i'm about to get free from this nightmare! But nope, a third Fuuka showed up... A THIRD FUUKA!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Jan 21, 2015

Recently translated article: Manga Editors Roundtable – The Growth of Yuri

It's a look at the current state of yuri and how it's expanding beyond yuri magazines. A lot of it is the editors pushing stories published by their companies (with a lot of emphasis on Bloom Into You and Happy Sugar Life), but I thought it was interesting to read their thoughts about yuri as a genre from the point of view of professionals aiming to publish successful manga.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Recently translated article: Manga Editors Roundtable – The Growth of Yuri

It's a look at the current state of yuri and how it's expanding beyond yuri magazines. A lot of it is the editors pushing stories published by their companies (with a lot of emphasis on Bloom Into You and Happy Sugar Life), but I thought it was interesting to read their thoughts about yuri as a genre from the point of view of professionals aiming to publish successful manga.

Hmm, I'm interested in this Asahinagu thing now that I hear it's got yuri, but the whole "Volume 16" part is really making me not want to read it... if anyone's read it, does it actually have yuri?

Also, what's "Gambling Fiend Twins" and "Uniform of Vampires Road?" I looked them up, but I haven't found anything at all about them.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I looked into Asahinagu a few years ago and I'm pretty sure it had het romance, so I'm guessing these yuri elements would be about side characters? It seems like a cool martial arts manga though.

I think Gambling Fiend Twins refers to Kakegurui Futago and Uniform of Vampires Road would be this series by the author of Prunus Girl.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I see... So the third Fuuka actually knew the first Fuuka and was ploting against the second Fuuka... This is poetry right here this shit

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Fate/Extella Official Anthology is WAY gayer than I thought it'd be. For an official anthology for a game with either female or male protagonist to choose from, they actually picked the female one for the vast majority of the content here. The male protagonist was used only a handful of times, so this manga might as well be a yuri manga. Christmas came early this year.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

witchcraft works
ayaka is adopted, kazane is the father.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 5:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.