Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Presumably it's to prevent experienced players bullying n00bs. It's better business if your new players aren't being frustrated out the door by being ganged up on. That's just my initial guess though, I don't have any details of what Nintendo has in mind.

Fighting games are always filled with perfectionists ready to smash your face in. I don't see why this feature is really useful, does smash not have a ladder system which pairs your against people near your skill level? This would really fix most problems.

It's hilarious that you get booted in a 2v2 for attacking one dude though, nintendo truly showing it's colour right now. Games for kids yo.

Well, games for kids has long been Nintendo's bread and butter. Can't blame them for continuing that even though a competitive adult community grew up around what's basically a party game.

From what little I've seen though a few rounds of Google, booting on 2v2s seems to be a mistake and it's meant to apply to 4v4 matches.

We'll have to wait then (geez another patch?) EDIT: I'm curious now I haven't gone online much been busy farming custom moves I'll get a bunch of 2v2 matches and play differently each time and see what happens.

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 12:01AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

From what little I've seen though a few rounds of Google, booting on 2v2s seems to be a mistake and it's meant to apply to 4v4 matches.

Even if that is the case, it's common tactic in any group PvP games to try to isolate one person and quickly remove him/her. I feel very strange about games that punish you for good play.

In other news, I'm tired of devs like this : http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251946/ubisoft-30-fps-feels-more-cinematic-60fps-not-important/

Being a PC master race I feel physically ill that these people can come out and say it. This is appalling and they call themselves game developers.

We've been able to do 60 FPS for so long and yet you have these doofus that shoot you these horrible game tech wise ( poor coding, bloated, poor optimization ).

Today FF13 PC port was released on steam ( lol after 5(?) years ). It was locked at 30 FPS / 720P, had a size of 50+ GB.

A kind soul posted a workaround for 1080P in 2 hours, fairly stable. Now I know, Japanese devs have no idea about PC, since Japan really doesn't care about anything but consoles, but still... This hurts the man.

last edited at Oct 9, 2014 11:11PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Even if that is the case, it's common tactic in any group PvP games to try to isolate one person and quickly remove him/her. I feel very strange about games that punish you for good play.

In other news, I'm tired of devs like this : http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251946/ubisoft-30-fps-feels-more-cinematic-60fps-not-important/

Being a PC master race I feel physically ill that these people can come out and say it. This is appalling and they call themselves game developers.

We've been able to do 60 FPS for so long and yet you have these doofus that shoot you these horrible game tech wise ( poor coding, bloated, poor optimization ).

Today FF13 PC port was released on steam ( lol after 5(?) years ). It was locked at 30 FPS / 720P, had a size of 50+ GB.

A kind soul posted a workaround for 1080P in 2 hours, fairly stable. Now I know, Japanese devs have no idea about PC, since Japan really doesn't care about anything but consoles, but still... This hurts the man.

They all just want the moneyz with little to no effort this has been discussed pretty much everywhere...And I still don't care for Assassins creed played 2 hrs of one on the psp and never gone back.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

From what i collected the game does run at 60fps, but is indeed locked at 720p for using the compressed cutscenes of the 360 version and has a huge size for having double the amount of cutscenes for the dual audio really fucked up way to go about dual audio, but at least it has lip synch i guess question mark
I was pretty damn disgusted when Ubisoft downscaled the PS4 version of AC to 900p just because they didn't want the PS4 userbase to make fun of the Xbox one's 'cause they wasn't able to put 1280p on the Xbox one

In other news though i finally got Smash yesterday! and there was much rejoicing
Been playing a lot of online and didn't do much of the single player stuff, but seriously that's all i wanted, being able to play good battles when by myself not limited by dumb CPUs, thankfully the lag is not fucking me over

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 7:03AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, at least FFXIII is pretty cheap, so I wasn't really expecting much effort put into the port... Would have been way more pissed if it was 30+$ for the same thing. Though I still have to be able to play it, thanks to the game size and not too great internet connection, still have more than a full day to get it ready. ><

I'm glad they offered dual audio with japanese or english voice, but I'd rather we just had to download the desired language and not the full package. :/

joined Mar 23, 2013

Well, at least FFXIII is pretty cheap, so I wasn't really expecting much effort put into the port... Would have been way more pissed if it was 30+$ for the same thing. Though I still have to be able to play it, thanks to the game size and not too great internet connection, still have more than a full day to get it ready. ><

The thing is, based Durante is probably going to get it stable running 1080/4k in less than a day, as a single person. This goes beyond "really much effort". It's more like "no effort at all". Although one can only expect Japanese to look at computer as this weird thing only used for memos/emails and excel spreadsheets.

I'm glad they offered dual audio with japanese or english voice, but I'd rather we just had to download the desired language and not the full package. :/

This would of been so much easier had they have the English as default for international version and then have a free DLC that you can DL for the Japanese audio/lip sync.

Now the real question(s), nude mod/character mods when? And when can we have a mod that we save hope's mom and it's Hope that dies?

Oh and HD textures, let's not forget those.

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 2:58PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Kyonne just tell me when! maybe we can get mizozo too. At least unlock a Ness...oh and don't worry the AI is a lot smarter I haven't seen any melee like suicides...yet.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

@Kyonne just tell me when! maybe we can get mizozo too. At least unlock a Ness...oh and don't worry the AI is a lot smarter I haven't seen any melee like suicides...yet.

I'm ready anytime you guys are!!! :)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Blah i'm late
Maybe we should set a time to make it easier to find everyone online? Today i'm pretty much okay anytime between 23:00 to 05:00 (UTC)

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Blah i'm late
Maybe we should set a time to make it easier to find everyone online? Today i'm pretty much okay anytime between 23:00 to 05:00 (UTC)

I'm pretty much free 24/7 unless I'm sleeping :p

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm around now just feel free to invite, hopefully it won't be too laggy with 3 players.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'm around now just feel free to invite, hopefully it won't be too laggy with 3 players.

I'm here if you're ready

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm here if you're ready

Let's wait for Kyonne then, I'll be reading a few things here and watch one youtube video if not here by then we can play if you want.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 12:24AM

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'm here if you're ready

Let's wait for Kyonne then, I'll be reading a few things here and watch one youtube video if not here by then we can play if you want.

sure :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Online now, Kyonne you can join the room if you read this post. I can't believe I tried wave-dashing -.- do you prefer omega stages? DCd weird it was pretty stable and my internet is fine, you gonna keep playing?

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 2:17AM

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Online now, Kyonne you can join the room if you read this post. I can't believe I tried wave-dashing -.- do you prefer omega stages?

yeah I mostly play omega stages. ya know playing against you never fails to make me feel really embarrassed. like that last match with little mac :p. I think I'm never going to learn from my suicides

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Online now, Kyonne you can join the room if you read this post. I can't believe I tried wave-dashing -.- do you prefer omega stages? DCd weird it was pretty stable and my internet is fine, you gonna keep playing?

oh yeah sure

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Online now, Kyonne you can join the room if you read this post. I can't believe I tried wave-dashing -.- do you prefer omega stages?

yeah I mostly play omega stages. ya know playing against you never fails to make me feel really embarrassed. like that last match with little mac :p. I think I'm never going to learn from my suicides

lol lil mac's fwrd b is very tricky I SD all the time.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

well I'm done for the night. I'm getting pretty tired and I think its starting to effect my gameplay lol. hopefully we will get to play with kyonne next time :p

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah I think I can play earlier tomorrow oh and please go to training and practice Ness up :p. Oh and see why I like items on? those matches we the funniest thing ever. One more tip for Rosalina you have to pretty much go troll mode and to counter her just keep the luma at a fair distance or punch it.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 3:42AM

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Yeah I think I can play earlier tomorrow oh and please go to training and practice Ness up :p. Oh and see why I like items on? those matches we the funniest thing ever.

haha I'll try but I've been bad with ness'es up b for the longest time(yet I still use it for some reason).and yeah the items were pretty good, there were some matches where I couldn't play because I was laughing too much

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So after kicking a$$ at classic mode 8 difficulty I tackled 9...and it didn't go well, I raged too hard will give up now to fight another day >_>. Master Core human form is REALLY cheap but I think I got the pattern now, the sword will destroy you if you blink, at the wrong time the other forms are pathetically easy.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oddly i find his human form the easiest, dog ridley and sword are the end of me though, for now only got him on 8.5
Damn missed another session..

last edited at Oct 14, 2014 9:54PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh don't worry you should set the time/day because I'm available often and mizozo is 24/7 apparently XD.
Any char in particular? I found Mega's up air + metal blades destroys them, I'll probably try with Zelda cuz I feel confident/comfortable with her.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Got 8.5 with Sheik and with the Doc, haven't tried with Marth and Link (my mains of my 5 mains) since they were the first i did classic, as for Zelda, yes she is pretty damn good against Master Core with those sweetpots airs of her, however i suck at fighting normal foes with her so i didn't reach him in 9.0 and i managed to die do the swarm clone ._. XD

Build Fighters will only air in 7 hours so i'm up for some fights now if you're avaiable

This topic has been locked.