Forum › Nagi wo Matsu 1 discussion

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

i want to see more of this

The artist was supposed to have Book 2 ready by C86, but she (or he?) couldn't finish it on time. But Book 2 is on the way and Team 11 'x' 2 will be doing it.

Are you certain that you will do it though? I noticed your team work with long Japanese raw and short Chinese raw. If you don't have the book and nobody upload it or in Chinese, can you still do it?

I can provide Ch->En translation, if you need it.

And this deserves a Small images. Much larger Ch version: http://www.acfun.tv/a/ac1010939#album=639,0,26,190

The book is readable but not as large as it should be. How about you provide Eng translation for this book since the team look like collectors -> possible go crazy if they say so ? http://www.yamibo.com/thread-206915-1-1.html

Aw, that shitty forum.
Anyway, I can if you insist, but only with TL scripts - I don't know much about typesetting. Need me to download the pages for you guys?

I'll take what I can. Not going to complain about that site since the pairing I'm interested in nearly the same as Akaga has virtually zero book to read, namely HaruKiri (thanks to adentoh) plus I'm illiterate in Chinese and intermediate level Japanese upward.

Can I guess you don't know how to obtain the original release package together with the cleaned cover page?

I waited for the images to load and saved them. Otherwise, try to click blindly. So yes, I don't know how to.

As I've predicted.
Well, wait for TL script & image package patiently, will ya? XDDDD

I said I can't read Chinese so there wasn't a need for prediction. What else can't I do but wait....can't wave a club in front of the monitor and hope it magically pop up an English version immediately.

Maybe doing so will help you kill the time? XDDDDD

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You guys are talking about the raw for this book, right? It's on exhentai you know. The original Japanese raw

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

What's with that ending? she committed suicide? o,O

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

You guys are talking about the raw for this book, right? It's on exhentai you know. The original Japanese raw

No, we were talking about another long AkagixKaga doujinshi 71 pages (I think). I tried to google the name but it led to yamimbo, no Japanese raw.

She's still alive. Part 2 is coming. The bubbles....perhaps it's Wo-Akagi.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

No, we were talking about another long AkagixKaga doujinshi 71 pages (I think). I tried to google the name but it led to yamimbo, no Japanese raw.

She's still alive. Part 2 is coming. The bubbles....perhaps it's Wo-Akagi.

And the Japanese raw don't seem to be of high resolution.

Here is it: Mega.co.nz.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I can't believe I read a Kantai Collection doujin... Which turned out to a goddamned metaphysical exploration of what makes us alive, and the concept of the soul.

Were it me, the moment I saw Akagi's body as Abyssal Fleet Girl, I would have totally lost it and freaked out! I would not have been at all reasonable! Seriously, I'm shocked that the replacement Akagi didn't have a total mental break the moment she saw "herself" as the equivalent of a revived ghoul!

And Then Kaga goes and finds all the other "Back Ups" on top of that, and "Akagi 2.0" just accepts it?!!! That is some serious reality-shattering shit!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

For what it's worth, the title can be roughly translated to "Waiting for the Seas to Calm"

I can't believe I read a Kantai Collection doujin... Which turned out to a goddamned metaphysical exploration of what makes us alive, and the concept of the soul.

Actually a fairly common theme in KanColle doujinshi! Since we're not at all sure what ship girls are, but 'human' looks pretty unlikely

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

For what it's worth, the title can be roughly translated to "Waiting for the Seas to Calm"

It's actually "Waiting for the Winds to Settle".

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Were it me, the moment I saw Akagi's body as Abyssal Fleet Girl, I would have totally lost it and freaked out! I would not have been at all reasonable! Seriously, I'm shocked that the replacement Akagi didn't have a total mental break the moment she saw "herself" as the equivalent of a revived ghoul!

And Then Kaga goes and finds all the other "Back Ups" on top of that, and "Akagi 2.0" just accepts it?!!! That is some serious reality-shattering shit!

You are making a fuss over it.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Oh! Rireba, what a surprise! Anyways, I somehow feel bad now when I construct ships D: This theory of the Abyssal Fleet also has something alike Madoka...

Horriblesubs-saki-the-nationals-02-720p-mkv_snapshot_03-24_2014-01-14_21-55-32_thumb
joined Apr 30, 2014

Plot twist the current Kaga is a clone and Akagi the one who turned into the Wu-fighter knew about it but still kept it a secret, so before when Akagi told her to stay by her side fighting what she meant was the other Kaga that ady sank, that probably caused her regret in not telling Kaga what she knew.

Well it's just a wild Idea though... XD

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Plot twist the current Kaga is a clone and Akagi the one who turned into the Wu-fighter knew about it but still kept it a secret, so before when Akagi told her to stay by her side fighting what she meant was the other Kaga that ady sank, that probably caused her regret in not telling Kaga what she knew.

Well it's just a wild Idea though... XD

Interesting, I thought of the possibility Kaga already another 'clone' but Akagi's regret . Then I look at the covers of the book, if it's to be trusted, Kaga doesn't have a reflection like Akagi -> Kaga is still the original. Something definitely suspicious about this -> She fought recklessly, told the Admiral to 'clone' her if anything happen -> She was either trying to commit suicide or bringing back someone on the Abyssal Fleet (My thought anyway).
As for the current Akagi, it's strange she know Kaga treated her ice cream before. If she's indeed a clone, she shouldn't have any memories. Her skills shouldn't be diminish either. Considered they were the proud 1st Div, returning to lv.1 might decrease damage dealt to the enemy, not crippling their abilities. She was sunk before Reppu went in service, Kaga know about them because Akagi taught her. Skills & abilities should stayed with the soul, and if perfect copy is made, both should be the same in those areas. Also, tried to google 'Bunrei', came up with 'dividing the soul so it can be enshrine somewhere else'. The ship girls personality as far as we see reflect their achievement, history & collective attitude of their crew. What if, the 'divide soul' process is imperfect and Akagi's soul is divided up -> most of her memories, her skills & feeling for Kaga + regret became Wo-class Akagi and everything remained go to the current body of hers? For example , 1000 souls of crew make up 1 big soul of Akagi -> perform Bunrei -> maybe break off 1 from 1000 to make 999 souls & 1 soul -> since they merged, 1 soul still is Akagi because their identity is not of an individual anymore but 'part of Akagi' but retain some minor characteristics cause crew consist of many different people -> perhaps the reason her taste different.
...I ranted, sorry but the religion in the book is Shinto, I don't think the author write & draw with the intention of using the book as metaphysical exploration of what makes us alive, and the concept of the soul.

joined Apr 1, 2013

waiting for more!

joined Feb 15, 2013

The fact that the previous Akagi (let's called Akagi 1) also was fighting recklessly may mean the current Kaga (Kaga 2) could be a clone of the one she knew (Kaga 1). But that's just a theory

I actually believe a soul is what made us human. And considering both Akagi (1 and 2, and the Wo) shared the same soul from the Akagi carrier ship. I will say that they are the same person. It's just that the Wo retains only regret, while Akagi 2 does not retain Akagi 1's memory

Good great through

Edit: Wow Akagi 1 was just like i do. Preparing a copy of all of my kanmusu just in worse case scenario

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 9:00PM

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

The fact that the previous Akagi (let's called Akagi 1) also was fighting recklessly may mean the current Kaga (Kaga 2) could be a clone of the one she knew (Kaga 1). But that's just a theory

I actually believe a soul is what made us human. And considering both Akagi (1 and 2, and the Wo) shared the same soul from the Akagi carrier ship. I will say that they are the same person. It's just that the Wo retains only regret, while Akagi 2 does not retain Akagi 1's memory

Good great through

Edit: Wow Akagi 1 was just like i do. Preparing a copy of all of my kanmusu just in worse case scenario

It's your personal belief which shared by many but to the Japanese, every single thing possess a soul, even a stone. 'A land of eight million gods'. It's best to enjoy the book using their view point & religion - Shinto. The information provided the book state clearly that both the Fleet Girls and Abyssal Fleet have souls. The difference between them is Abyssal Fleet merged many souls with regret into a 'Ship Unit' while the Fleet Girl each represent the soul of the ship herself along with the crew. They regret because they remember, in time, the feeling itself is the most relevant but the memories are still there. Akagi 1 & 2 has parts of 'Akagi's soul', they aren't two vessels that share the same soul. Plus, if Wo-Akagi only has regret, she would finish off Kaga right there -> no memories -> see Kaga = enemy.

joined Feb 15, 2013

It's your personal belief which shared by many but to the Japanese, every single thing possess a soul, even a stone. 'A land of eight million gods'. It's best to enjoy the book using their view point & religion - Shinto. The information provided the book state clearly that both the Fleet Girls and Abyssal Fleet have souls. The difference between them is Abyssal Fleet merged many souls with regret into a 'Ship Unit' while the Fleet Girl each represent the soul of the ship herself along with the crew. They regret because they remember, in time, the feeling itself is the most relevant but the memories are still there. Akagi 1 & 2 has parts of 'Akagi's soul', they aren't two vessels that share the same soul. Plus, if Wo-Akagi only has regret, she would finish off Kaga right there -> no memories -> see Kaga = enemy.

I still believe they share the same soul through, like the Akagi-Wo has a bit of soul from Akagi-1 plus her regret left. While Akagi-2 inherited most of Akagi-1 soul.The only difference is Akagi-Wo has Akagi-1 body. While Akagi-2 is a clone body.

It's a great philosophical question also so it's probably difficult to debate on it...

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 4:22AM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Good great through

Off topic: Have you finished with that TL you asked?

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

I still believe they share the same soul through, like the Akagi-Wo has a bit of soul from Akagi-1 plus her regret left. While Akagi-2 inherited most of Akagi-1 soul.The only difference is Akagi-Wo has Akagi-1 body. While Akagi-2 is a clone body.

It's a great philosophical question also so it's probably difficult to debate on it...

Like I wrote, please take into consideration the specific term 'Bunrei'. Had it been the book without any reference to Shinto or its term, then everyone's point is valid until the author elaborate it themselves. In a sense, your theory work because one soul sharing two bodies will weaken both -> Akagi the 2nd has no memories & skills, Akagi Wo-class can't return because she's no longer a 'Fleet Girl'. But in this case, the soul is already divided, it's mentioned in the book and is the important part of the plot, they're the 'same ship' but like two halves completely broken apart sustaining themselves and not having any link to each other. Second Akagi hasn't shown any deep feelings the like of Akagi Wo-class in this book yet. Kaga noticed both subtle & obvious difference in them, it's more than just 'the body'. The more the human in the book perform Bunrei, the more variety will show up between 'divided soul' of a ship because they're not unique ship anymore but mass product ship.
Now to find a way to merge their soul back together...

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

That was dark compared to all the Kaga x Akagi stories I have read....

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

A very well-structured plot. Really liking how everything was easy to follow. Also, the premise that The Kaga san now is actually a clone is a very good possibility... Because why else would Akagi fight recklessly and give up?

Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

joined Feb 1, 2013

You are making a fuss over it.

I think this caught me in a bad moment, the total under-reaction of the characters just annoyed me.

joined Jan 17, 2014

poor clone Akagi :(

Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

Currently dying for the next chapter

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Though I don't really know much about KanColle (like literally nothing except the title), this is an interesting doujin. As you all said, a well-structured plot. Good yuris are coming this year.

Oh, I fell in love with Kaga. Hard.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Any news for part 2 yet?

To reply you must either login or sign up.