Forum › Anime season

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, any series with Yuri on the next season?

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Nanoha Vivid. I mean, Nanoha and Fate living together with their adopted daughter, you can't stretch subtext more than that.
And the second season of Kiniro Mosaic, of course.

Besides that...
Mikagura Gakuen, well, the protagonist is a self proclaimed lesbian. But the cast is full of pretty boys... and I have a bad feeling about this one.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Nanoha Vivid. I mean, Nanoha and Fate living together with their adopted daughter, you can't stretch subtext more than that.
And the second season of Kiniro Mosaic, of course.

Besides that...
Mikagura Gakuen, well, the protagonist is a self proclaimed lesbian. But the cast is full of pretty boys... and I have a bad feeling about this one.

yeah i hope it doesnt take the route that i think its going to take

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, any series with Yuri on the next season?

Lots of maybes, mostly

Re-Kan is the requisite CGDCT series, but I have no idea how much subtext it has
Nanoha ViVid should be pretty gay if it's anything like the manga
SHOW BY ROCK!! focuses on a girl band, but has pretty boys in the background, and as such could go either way
KinMoza's second season should be like the first
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku has a female lead that apparently gets lots of ship tease with both males and females
Hibike! Euphonium is about a girl trying to reconnect with her female childhood friend
Houkago no Pleiades looks like it's going to have a het romance for the lead, but, as a magical girl series aimed at older fans, may well have some yuri between the other girls
Etotama has 13 female characters and looks like it's going to be parody of anime in general, so I'd expect yuri to come up at some point
Urawa no Usagi-chan is another CGDCT series
Robot Girls Z+ should have some light yuri if it's anything like the first season

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

From what i heard about the LN, there is no male love interest for her (we are getting some hetero romance but not with the two yuri girls involved)

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

From what i heard about the LN, there is no male love interest for her (we are getting some hetero romance but not with the two yuri girls involved)

you sure about that?

joined Mar 23, 2013

Hentai dubs are a direct gift from god, doubly so if Dan Green is in the mix

Classic, Dan Green agreed to Cast it without knowing it was a hentai. But it was a good thing in the end.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

you sure about that?

I am just saying what i heard. No guarantee it is correct ;)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

From what I've gathered by the MAL description of her character, she is ultra into girls and has Yaoi goggles for two of the guys, Some comments on some yuri sites say she's only into girl but fantazises about Yaoi, too. So I think we are more or less safe, if they keep it like the LN and Manga.

But as Fipse said, no guarantees.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Also, while I'm at it:

KanColle, Shirobako, Rolling Girls, Death Parade, some subtext show from this season I don't know yet - what do I watch next?

joined Dec 16, 2013

yaoi fantasy = manservice

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Also, while I'm at it:

KanColle, Shirobako, Rolling Girls, Death Parade, some subtext show from this season I don't know yet - what do I watch next?

I only have watched Kancolle from those. But I must say that I enjoyed it a lot.

Of course, I enjoyed a lot reading doujins and seeing fanart so I was already a fan. And I kinda like World War 2 themes.
But Kancolle was pretty nice, being sometimes cute, sometimes funny (that episode 6!! Hilarious!!), sometimes serious and always delivering in the yuri aspect. (Viva la weekly lesbian!!)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Subtext in Death parade ? Having seen the first episode, I wouldn't never have thought so

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 11:44AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Nah, those were just the shows in my immediate PTW list. Pretty sure there is no subtext in there, I just meant to say that if there were subtext shows this season, let me know. :)

I only have watched Kancolle from those. But I must say that I enjoyed it a lot.

Of course, I enjoyed a lot reading doujins and seeing fanart so I was already a fan. And I kinda like World War 2 themes.
But Kancolle was pretty nice, being sometimes cute, sometimes funny (that episode 6!! Hilarious!!), sometimes serious and always delivering in the yuri aspect. (Viva la weekly lesbian!!)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 11:52AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Hentai dubs are a direct gift from god, doubly so if Dan Green is in the mix

HENtai

leaves

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku is on my yuri watch I suppose. Tho I don't think anything other than fantasizing will happen.

If anyone spots actually yuri on any of the new series plz report back here :p

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Guess I'll report.
Re-Kan! seems to be subtext. + It's quite fun and relaxing.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Re-Kan is about as gay as you'd expect from a 4koma adaption. The second-most prominent character is blatantly tsundere for the lead

Also, DanMachi's male lead is strikingly emasculated, so if you're one of those people that liked to pretend that Witch Craft Works is yuri that might be something to look into

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't know about yuri but I'm going to be watching/try the following :

• Arslan Senki
  • GiTS Arise new content
  • Lupin 3
  • Digimon sequel / reboot
  • Triage X

The first because I haven't read the manga since I waited for it to pile up, might as well watch it. Arise because I'm already watching the movies. Lupin cause why not? Digimon with first season crew mainly for nostalgia, I might end up regretting it in the end but who knows. Triage is my guilty pleasure, based XEBEC. Although I might just use 4chan pics/webms and not watch the full episodes, that's what I usually do with those echi series. It's not like the story...

Again spring is pretty lackluster just like winter was.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:18AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ I didn't noticed it was the first generation of Digimon (didn't paid much attention to it). It might be interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

joined Dec 16, 2013

anime need more manservice.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Nanoha ViVid and KinMoza are about what you'd expect in the yuri department. Kind of worried about ViVid, though; doesn't seem to have much budget, which'll be a problem once the fighting starts in earnest

SHOW BY ROCK!! does give the lead a clear female love interest. Less clear on a male love interest. SHOW BY ROCK!! is also very strange

Not yuri (entirely aromantic thus far), but Kekkai Sensen is the series to most impress me thus far

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So far I've watched Vivid and KinMoza and had fun. Vivid seems to be taking liberties on the story department which is good since it probably means less fan service, not to mention Nekotofu's art style after the credits!! I have hope! I really hope they sneak some Vivid-life in there.

Also watched a couple of episodes of Rolling girls and wow I was not expecting that(I didn't read any description) the fights are very...Kill la Kill-like haha.

Oh crap the Digimon sequel thingy is right around the corner...I don't know what to think...

joined Nov 30, 2011

Hylarn

Also, DanMachi's male lead is strikingly emasculated

Been reading the manga and it doesn't really last long. He is still kinda tentative but he gets "manlier" as it goes on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kin'iro ! So fluffy and has the gayest subtext of all...

Also I got my eye on Re-Kan but it seems, according to someone who told me that in 4chan they were saying (...) that the male guy who appeared for 5 seconds in the first episode is later a love interest, (this anime is based in a 4koma manga), which I STRONGLY DOUBT btw, dunno if I should believe them, I like it ... I want to enjoy it friendship or subtext but not romance.

Show By Rock... I'll watch it tomorrow

To reply you must either login or sign up.