Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

A draw...
....Well, i'll take solance in the fact that Gohan took the poison like a champ while Goku went limp immediatly against Frost
Good fight tho

joined Feb 15, 2013

Schoolgirl Strikers ep 8

Not much happens, except all of the characters were now introduced. And some plots.

And I originally don't like Mana in the anime that much, but the two Mana x Io instances in this ep were kinda cute. Io does know how to cheer up her 'princess'

last edited at Feb 25, 2017 9:57PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Second season of Love Live Sunshine to air this fall. Looking forward to it.

And Urara keep getting gayer and gayer. <3

the whole night scene with Kon and Chiya with the "always be with you" pledge then the plan of the two sitting under a giant moon is just piling up symbolims of a wedding between the two. :3

Don't forget all the licking. It was a nice episode!

I like to think that if Chiya indeed is the gods' chosen one, that was them testing Kon and her bond with Chiya, and they decided they approved.

Schoolgirl Strikers took a turn for the weird. The woman I assumed would be the final boss appeared, looking mysterious and powerful, but then another character I thought was working with her came out of nowhere and effortlessly punched her in the face? What?

BanG Dream has a lot of potential for shipping, but it's taking the reverse approach for one of its pairings. Instead of showcasing chemistry or having them get flustered around each other, it's pointing at the characters and saying, "See these two? You should ship them :) They're the only two characters we visually paired up in the ED sequence so you would pay attention to them. Aren't you intrigued?" The way this translates into the show itself is kind of unsubtle so far, but it worked on me so good job, I guess? I'm so easily manipulated when it comes to yuri it's not even funny.
I do like all the main girls though. They have some great comedic banter.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

A draw...
....Well, i'll take solance in the fact that Gohan took the poison like a champ while Goku went limp immediatly against Frost
Good fight tho

Different poison have different lethality. Maybe Frost one was more lethal or was meant to dizzy the opponent unlike Basil whose poison is to kill eventually.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

A draw...
Good fight tho

Different poison have different lethality. Maybe Frost one was more lethal or was meant to dizzy the opponent unlike Basil whose poison is to kill eventually.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I should've seen this sooner.

Crazy gambling manga is getting an anime adaptation!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-26/love-live-sunshine-anime-gets-2nd-season-this-fall/.112711

Heck yeah. More Riko x Chika! More music! More Mari x Kanan! More goodness!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

really happy with Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon anime adaptation, really enjoying it.

KonoSuba season 2 also, ofc.

Urara Meirochou got pretty bland really fast... mostly watch it when i have nothing to do, but not up to date.

Gabriel Dropout has its moments, its fine.

Youjo Senki is good when you turn your brain off and just take in the loli nazi girl.

And whats going on with Kemono Friends? Suddenly seeing fanart for it popping up randomly. Seems to be just a shitty kids show... then again... some shitty kids show gain popularity somehow.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

And whats going on with Kemono Friends? Suddenly seeing fanart for it popping up randomly. Seems to be just a shitty kids show... then again... some shitty kids show gain popularity somehow.

I haven't watched it myself but word around town is it seems like it's pulling an Adventure Time, it's all fun and adventures until you start putting together the little clues to see it has a grim back story. Also cute animal girls with some minor yuri undertones as per usual.

Also if you're a fan of licking and heavy yuri undertones then you better catch up on Urara.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Seems to be just a shitty kids show... then again... some shitty kids show gain popularity somehow.

Ah, I love the irony together with the seeming lack of self-awareness. Thanks internet, you did it again.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Urara's last few episodes were the best in the series. It's pretty good at the moment

KemoFre is a good kids' show. Animation quality is admittedly poor, but it's fairly entertaining otherwise. And, yeah, there's a remarkably intriguing backstory slowly being revealed

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Urara's last few episodes were the best in the series. It's pretty good at the moment

idk, it feels like a drag when i watched up to ep6
I don't care for pretend-yuri/subtext.

KemoFre is a good kids' show. Animation quality is admittedly poor, but it's fairly entertaining otherwise. And, yeah, there's a remarkably intriguing backstory slowly being revealed

does it get good anywhere? i tried watchin episode 1, but it was too mindnumbingly boring.

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's getting an anime? I hope the crazy faces are going to be as good as in the manga.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://myanimelist.net/news/49787173

Well, disliked S3, but still looking forward to more mindless hell-sending shenanigans.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

so sucy love akko!!!!! but akko is het....

sucy true feelings in the background.

this must be yuri sucy.

last edited at Feb 27, 2017 5:32PM

joined Oct 4, 2015

Akko can still easily be bi. Just like how I think Diana might be lesbian.

Spoiler:
And yup, looks like Sucy feels at least some more-than-friends affection for the crazy comedy gal, though it's heavily suppressed and would've instantly been squashed if not for Akko's actions.

It is good to note that their first meeting was shown in a detailed, non comedic style and that yuri sucy never was attacking akko during it's rampaging, just following her

last edited at Feb 27, 2017 7:45PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max300x600/cms/news/111839/news_xlarge_kakegurui_teaser.jpg

It's getting an anime? I hope the crazy faces are going to be as good as in the manga.

Just like anime adaptations such as One-punch man, the anime has to step-up their visual fidelity in order to match up with the quality of the manga since the manga's art is incredibly good.

Also the yuri in Volume 6 was probably one of the best yuri I've seen in recent times. The pacing and execution of the events (especially near the end) combined with the art made it amazing. I've never enjoyed a manga like this one; I love it.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max300x600/cms/news/111839/news_xlarge_kakegurui_teaser.jpg

Just like anime adaptations such as One-punch man, the anime has to step-up their visual fidelity in order to match up with the quality of the manga since the manga's art is incredibly good.

Also the yuri in Volume 6 was probably one of the best yuri I've seen in recent times. The pacing and execution of the events (especially near the end) combined with the art made it amazing. I've never enjoyed a manga like this one; I love it.

or they could go loli nazi route, easier to animate..

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 1:58PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Wait, there's yuri in that? Now I'm interested. What is this "crazy gambling manga"? Never heard of it. It's not on Dynasty, I gather?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wait, there's yuri in that? Now I'm interested. What is this "crazy gambling manga"? Never heard of it. It's not on Dynasty, I gather?

kakegurui

Read the volume where yuri happens, that was... something. tho this seems to be the kind of thing where shutting down your brain helps take in the nonsensical setting, but require to pay attention to what they are doing at the same time.

awesome art tho, striking.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 3:54PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

----> https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=106941

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

How nice that Koneko screenshot key moments in the latest Little Witch Academia episode. Good thing there was a delay between the time/day it aired and the post.
Oh wait. No, there wasn't.
Thanks champ

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Caught up with Kakegurui. It's alright. A nicely drawn gambling story with the school hierarchy trope. It's hella fun if you're just in it to see 1D batshit crazy OP protag beating the shit out of other 1D batshit crazy opponents. Much more entertaining than NGNL. Nowhere as good as Kaiji or Liar Game, in terms of story, though, but well-executed for what it is.

Interested to see how the anime will turn out. Saw Mary doing head tilt in chap 1 & I was hoping to see Shaft adapting it. Admittedly, I just want more of Shaft's drugs. But, I see that MAPPA is doing it instead, so It'll be nice and polished for the most part.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 7:22PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I could wax lyrical all about the yuri moment in Volume 6 of kakegurui. The way her relationship with the president was focused on itself was great since it was set up much earlier than the actual competition: at the start of the previous match with the idol before the "president" left. The gambling this time around is also unique in the sense that it's not an easy black vs white scenario like the others where the student council member is either too crazy or too deplorable in their goals or too much of a jerk that you obviously will still cheer for Yumeko; it's easier to cheer for Sayaka compared to the others due to the fact that her reason for wanting to win doesn't necessary target Yumeko to make her miserable (the initial bet was just for the council's sake) and also because Sayaka is much more normal compared to the other eccentric student council members. Then there's the buildup, the flashbacks, using that particular flashback before she said her last words before jumping. There's also the fact that if you think about it, there was no point to this entire gamble and it's pretty certain that the president knew Sayaka was going to lose (hinted at early on), but she also had enough faith in her to still pick the "right solution" at the end (also hinted at); therefore the only possible reason (at least so far) that the president did all this was to show Sayaka why she liked her to begin with by making her make that final decision. No normal person would do things like this but it's certainly something that president would do based on how she was characterized, so it makes perfect sense. There's so many layers to it and it's accompanied by great art. A+ amazing yuri.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 7:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.