Forum › Yuri discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

You've now reached the point where you start re-reading everything over and over
This one is great for re-reading shenanigans if i say so myself

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 2:42AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

You've now reached the point where you start re-reading everything over and over

+1. Rokuroichi is an excellent choice!

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

I'm rereading almost everything... I bet if I lived in Japan I would have an endless supply of yuri manga...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Expand your collection enough and there'll be so many stories that it'll be hard to actually remember them all. Then rereading them can be almost like reading them again for the first time. (Except for the part where even then rereading can remind you of some details you forgot.)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'm rereading almost everything... I bet if I lived in Japan I would have an endless supply of yuri manga...

I wonder this too,,, how much are we not getting? We get a decent supply of yuri manga and doujinshi, but I wonder how much we aren't getting because scanlators didnt like it for whatever reason.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I wonder this too,,, how much are we not getting? We get a decent supply of yuri manga and doujinshi, but I wonder how much we aren't getting because scanlators didnt like it for whatever reason.

It's nice to think of it that way, but realistically you'd be spending something like $40+ to have monthly access to the published yuri series on the reader, and those come in magazines that are huge, low quality, and mostly not yuri. That's not to mention the cost of tanks ($8) or doujinshi ($5-15).

You would certainly have a wider range of options to choose from, but actually amassing that type of collection just sounds crazy. Unless you just don't have many other hobbies, those costs add up pretty quickly.

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

Very true. I'm ordering a total of 10 mangas and just that is almost $130. I normally just stick to reading online but I really want these particular mangas so I am supporting the manga artists/author (so when people here in the U.S buy mangas that are already translated to English does the mangaka make the profit in dollars? O.o) or so I hope I am. I found a list of Takemiya-sensei on Amazon which led me to my previous statement of us not really getting the wonderful supply in the states but yeah I want the actual mangas not the magazines that it comes in. But I feel like if I lived in Japan I could get at least a little more than what I'm getting now. Hopefully I can end up there if I get my teaching job but learning Japanese is no joke (the characters).

Oh and I still reread everything either way xD. Wishing there were more yuri/class s (actual yuri not yuri as a second element and class s because I like the character development in class s (Maria-sama ga Miteru was lovely) anime as well. So I have also be rewatching the ones I like.

It's nice to think of it that way, but realistically you'd be spending something like $40+ to have monthly access to the published yuri series on the reader, and those come in magazines that are huge, low quality, and mostly not yuri. That's not to mention the cost of tanks ($8) or doujinshi ($5-15).

You would certainly have a wider range of options to choose from, but actually amassing that type of collection just sounds crazy. Unless you just don't have many other hobbies, those costs add up pretty quickly.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I didnt read alot of doujinshii at first cause I hadnt seen the original anime or serialization...so I still have those, hmmm sometimes if I see a pairing in an image upload that I like ill go and read up on the available....but re-reading is about it...I still have touho in my "to read" thats alot of stories lol...
But right now im gonna read Kyonne's suggestion, well re-read ;)

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I didnt read alot of doujinshii at first cause I hadnt seen the original anime or serialization...so I still have those, hmmm sometimes if I see a pairing in an image upload that I like ill go and read up on the available....but re-reading is about it...I still have touho in my "to read" thats alot of stories lol...
But right now im gonna read Kyonne's suggestion, well re-read ;)

Well for me, it's quite the opposite. I read doujins first, and when I like it, that's when I look for the original to watch/read. And of course, my goggles are on upon watching/reading the original. Especially if the yuri element's just fan-based.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Every time you read a yuri manga your mind is being shaped into a member of the Nation of Islam, wake up sheeple!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I...don't want my mind to be shaped like a member...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I...don't want my mind to be shaped like a member...

Then you'd better start reading some iruy to unshape it

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

LOL! Took me a sec to get that but that's hilarious xD

joined Jan 8, 2014

Yes yuri-goggles are a must have, and ya know so very fashionable too lol

I dunno some of the first doujinshii I tried were...missing stuff like they were so happy to do a pairing that I couldnt feel the story they wrote, ya know?
But ive found alot that I liked since then... :)

last edited at Nov 30, 2014 2:54AM

Tumblr_static_anime_girl_black_and_white_favim_com_by_lilyrosecassidy-d88pmxc
joined Mar 31, 2015

^^^^ this has become an everyday read for me

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

Yuri forever!!!!! Godoka bless yuri

joined Jan 14, 2015

Move onto fanfictions >_>
Living off those now since I've read almost everything :c

joined Oct 17, 2014

I actually considered learning Japanese when I saw some of the untranslated Yuri works.

Lately, it's really been amazing how many hours I spend a day doing absolutely nothing so I might actually have a chance to try that now.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 3:58AM

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

please update citrus... love you guys

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

please update citrus... love you guys

Hush my sweet... we wish for an end... not an endless infinite looping continuation.

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

@randon reader
i know that feels TT

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Can someone please randomly select a manga for me? Idk what to read next. Wish there was a randomly select manga button.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There are random suggestions.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Mh ;___; such a big world, such little yuri >n<*

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

My choice is this or this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.