Forum › Opapagoto discussion

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

Interesting first chapter also I can't help to feel like she got setup.

Basically the girl whose suppose to be there for whatever reason didn't want to do the who family thing or something.

And they ended up finding a girl who looks just like the said girl whose supposed to be there now what are the odds of that.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is about the dumbest, most artificial setup I've ever seen, even in yuri. Which means it might well be entertaining, we'll see where it goes.

Also, i can't fight the feeling that this is somehow fake yuri. I know i am probably wrong but it just feels like the whole "phase" thing.

I'm feeling it too, to be honest. The whole Lesbian Until Graduation trope, I'm hoping it won't be like that in the end but...

im getting that feeling too, hope im not right though

Got to agree on both counts- the setup just seems artificial/random/mad/ unnecessarily complex - dunno if i can get into it - but will give it a try.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

This premise is so stupid that the manga might end up being great XD But I wonder why was it necessary for the story that the main character is actually replacing someone else, why couldn't she be the person selected in one go? Hope we find out soon.

By the way, why is Japan so obsessed with tournaments? Even something like this, which could be great with the make-believe alone, has a competition awkwardly added in it's premise. Is this a cultural thing of theirs or something?

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

lol, Listen to me, Girls! I am your father!

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 9:32PM

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

What problem are they even hoping to solve?

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Step 1: human slavery. Step 2: go read something else.

Natsu
joined Oct 12, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47

I can't get over that panel cut-off face. LOL

me neither...
after reading it again it made it look like she had a fat face
can't stand it

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I want her to drop-kick that stupid maid.

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

What I get out of this is that they put her as the fake father (since other girl isn't there) and have all kinds of harem like stuff happen. Then when actual feeling develop between her and plane girl (Not that I want it too, but it will most likely) she can go "DON'T WORRY! I am not really insert name here but instead insert her real name. Which will be disappointing.

joined Apr 11, 2014

Looks great! Loving the art, can't wait for more.

joined Aug 6, 2014

:o I found this very interesting!
Cant wait till the next chapters! ~ ^_^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just what i thought- why is the premise single child families = dysfunctional kids? Its just not the case - single children get to interact at school with tons of kids- and their friends- this is just not an issue needing solving?

I also hate this idea- you see it in a lot of manga and anime (like Hayate combat butler) where the kids are somehow responsible for their parents debts if the parents cant pay/be found - or even worse sold for the debt.

I've no idea where this comes from unless Japan has incredibly weird laws- but a kid cant possibly be held responsible for the parents debts- even if they were a legal adult- which they never are anyways.

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 11:13PM

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Just what i thought- why is the premise single child families = dysfunctional kids? Its just not the case - single children get to interact at school with tons of kids- and their friends- this is just not an issue needing solving?

I also hate this idea- you see it in a lot of manga and anime (like Hayate combat butler) where the kids are somehow responsible for their parents debts if the parents cant pay/be found - or even worse sold for the debt.

I've no idea where this comes from unless Japan has incredibly weird laws- but a kid cant possibly be held responsible for the parents debts- even if they were a legal adult- which they never are anyways.

It's a fictional comical set up. No, Japan doesn't have that kind of law. Is it just me or is the IQ of dynastyreader users gradually dropping? Above comments are similar. It's a ridculous set up but it's fictional. It's meant to entertain by setting up a plot that's not realistic. Either like it or don't. Just wow. I guess this forum isn't different from other internet forums. The average IQ is quite low.

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 12:10AM

joined Jul 23, 2013

For starters this is a completely non apologetic comedy manga, why are you guys thinking so hard about it

And there isn't a single male character and you people are already talking about this being fake yuri? Jesus christ why

joined Sep 3, 2013

It's a fictional comical set up. No, Japan doesn't have that kind of law. Is it just me or is the IQ of dynastyreader users gradually dropping? Above comments are similar. It's a ridculous set up but it's fictional. It's meant to entertain by setting up a plot that's not realistic. Either like it or don't. Just wow. I guess this forum isn't different from other internet forums. The average IQ is quite low.

Because the setup doesn't make any sense, even for a comedy manga. Maybe it's funny in some sort of Japanese cultural context, or maybe the translation is off, but really, you could remove the motivating premise and the manga would be the same.

That being said, it's still very entertaining!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

The set up is kinda rush out like their will be no more tomorrow,
Nevertheless,it's still look interesting

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 6:43AM

Ava%20120
joined Feb 1, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Japan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_the_Empire_of_Japan#Meiji_period

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Japan#History

It was common back then in japan, now it's just a (convenient) plot device.

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 12:52AM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

I saw it this way: This seems like child's play, I mean, they are playing house and there are only women, so one of the girls must be the father.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

ketsune - thanks for explaining the prevalence of this plot device - in Japanese and only Japanese stories (because it USED to be like that back in/before the Meiji era).

It actually answered my question as opposed to just being a derogatory comment demanding everyone share your view or gtfo. Like some people do.

joined Jan 8, 2014

For starters this is a completely non apologetic comedy manga, why are you guys thinking so hard about it

And there isn't a single male character and you people are already talking about this being fake yuri? Jesus christ why

lol everyones all anxious cuz we're waiting on other scantalations?? :P lol who knows...

anyway if tis stays true to comedy and true to yuri I think it'll be a good read, im expecting fun jealousy moments...secret rendeivouz so the program doesn't fail...etc etc....
crosses fingers

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I actually enjoyed this chapter a lot! Thank you~
Hope to see more. I rather this than smut without plot and two girls sex each other up until they are drenched in bodily liquid.... Ew

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

There should be like a forced yuri tag or somethin'. The story is just way too complicated and simple at the same time. Complicated because there are so many things going on, the mc saving a girl, maid finding her as collateral for her father's debt (and she just happens to look like the girl she's gonna stand-in for), and this weird family program and age; Simple because the "father in debt" is used too many times, clichéd, and mc suddenly being kidnapped for payment. All too predictable.

I personally dont mind harem in yuri though, as we rarely get to see one. Variety is great. Awaiting the second one.

joined Aug 7, 2014

just let your brain-off and read this manga , it'll be fun ^_^

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47 the first two panels made it look like her face was deformed. haha

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 6:59AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Actually, this sort of thing IS possible. Just not on the "legit" side of things. I was watching a documentary of a yakuza woman who at the age of 15, 16? was basically sold by her father ( he was a high-ranking officer that borrowed and his investments didn't pay off ) for 3 years to some other head guy and he would "forgive" her parents debt.

If your debt is owe to some very bad people that are willing to do things beyond the scope of the law, you might actually be in such troubles.

Now I'm not saying that this is the case here or in most cases in which involves this cliché plot development. But these things can happen and you see the big bad enforcers knocking down on people's door... sometimes.

This is in a shounen magazine so it isn't "yuri" yuri, and will probably be a lot of comedy. I'd advise everyone not to get their hopes up about this and not treat this too seriously.

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 7:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.