Forum › Haibane of Old Home discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Very classy anime, pretty neat to see it in its original form. The first doujin in particular - Charcoal Feather Federation - was a nice surprise; I had no idea it was ever scanned. Special thanks to palakangorange for requesting this!

last edited at Jun 5, 2014 11:27PM

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Great to see this stuff; I think this is the first time the different doujin have been sort of collected together under the name of Haibane Renmei (including the first one, which strictly speaking is unconnected and the last, the artbook) on an online reader!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Interesting. I'd heard this was a doujin series first, but I'd never actually seen it before

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I loved this anime, and i like that the symbolism in it was actually pretty damn subtle, also the character depth and metaphors in a lot of it, if it wasnt for this anime i would never have gotten into evangelion probably

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ohhh, maybe I should rewatch it.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This is one of the very first anime I watched as an adult and I still love it. Last half of the series I cried through the whole thing. Yoshitoshi Abe does great stories and art.

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Not Yuri? Pass.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Not Yuri? Pass.

At least watch the anime this got, it was freaking beautiful and i recommend it to anyone

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Not Yuri? Pass.

At least watch the anime this got, it was freaking beautiful and i recommend it to anyone

everyone has their own opinions but...giving an auto pass just cause no yuri is so close minded >.< the anime was sooooo beautiful....

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Not Yuri? Pass.

everyone has their own opinions but...giving an auto pass just cause no yuri is so close minded >.< the anime was sooooo beautiful....

Closed-minded or not, I know how you feel - I don't watch or read anything with het in it any more - but I can assure you there is at least no het in it. Also, although there's no definite yuri, any fan worth their salt can see subtext between the two female leads if they've got their goggles on.

On another note, the anime really was beautiful - in its emotion, characters and their development and relationships, but also looking pretty nice as well. (Abe did the character designs, what else would you expect?) It's highly recommended for anybody looking for a deeper, more meaningful tale amongst the shallow entertainment which abounds everywhere nowadays. And I'm not just talking about anime... mutters darkly

It took me 5 years to find this a anime again, shit was beautiful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.