Forum › Comic - Sunstone

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

If yall aren't rooting for Alan to get laid I don't know what to say.

[image]

I can't imagine a more beautiful and pure love.

Lmao I love the husbands look in the bottom panel. There are just soo many good scenes in this series that it's near impossible to just, name, one.

The most impressive part of the art is definitely the facial expressions. It's all amazing, but I've never seen such realistic facial expressions anywhere else. Definitely a must-read for any yuri fan.

joined Nov 30, 2011

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/gallery/53521192/chapter5

I refresh this every day now. Come on shiniez I'm rootin for ya.

This chapter is going to be awesomesauce with all the drama, crying, making up, and make-sex we all know is coming!!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

That rage face!!! XD

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It is good stuff there, I love the art specially when it gets,well,super artistiquey

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I love their friends more than I do the main couple sometimes.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I need to catch up with this... but I really hate the DeviantArt site.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

finally caught up. I just REALLY hate deviantart's layout and lack of "next/previous image" functions on galleries.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

finally caught up. I just REALLY hate deviantart's layout and lack of "next/previous image" functions on galleries.

Most artist just post links to previous/next page in description, so it is kinda norm for me. No idea why this one doesn't do that.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone know how much until it's finished? I haven't checked in a while mainly because I knew they were gonna go angst for a while and at this point I'm waiting for it to finish.

When did the angst start by the way? I've read the vol.1/chapter 1/part 1 so I know it's not there.

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 6:20AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Honestly, the only part i saw as angst in this is the current chapter and the end of the one before

The part on Lisa and Ally end either in this chapter or the next one (this one i think)

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 7:16AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

telamon

Why are you waiting until the angst is done? Just read it as it is released. And Stjepan has his hands full with numerous projects so it could be a while as releases are slow in coming. But, as I cannot locate it right now, Stjepan has stated that it will follow 3 major arcs. The first is Ally and Lisa, the second is Alan and Anne, the third (iirc) was the other couple that is already well established and then finish strong with our two favorite ladies (who will still make appearances in the other 2 arcs).

Also, ON the first page, I linked to the complete, .pdf versions of the series so you don't have to constantly flip through different pages manually. Or, if you don't wish to do so, you can always just open up each strip into a separate tab and read them one by one.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Why are you waiting until the angst is done? Just read it as it is released.

Cos we don't like angst ;x Well to me angst was mostly getting annoying, because we know they love each other and they will be together since it is told in retrospective, so their entire struggle right now feels to me like classic "but we are both girls!" that is just pointlessly shoehorn in for the sake of drama. One sided crush by Lisa was ok and actually kinda cute, but once we knew Ally loves her too, I was like, just get it over with already. I'll keep on reading it, but drama was really distracting me from better parts of the story.

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 8:24AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Why are you waiting until the angst is done? Just read it as it is released. And Stjepan has his hands full with numerous projects so it could be a while as releases are slow in coming. But, as I cannot locate it right now, Stjepan has stated that it will follow 3 major arcs. The first is Ally and Lisa, the second is Alan and Anne, the third (iirc) was the other couple that is already well established and then finish strong with our two favorite ladies (who will still make appearances in the other 2 arcs).

Like Nevri said, I don't like angst. Like really don't like it. Especially now that apparently this whole chapter (5 right?) (at least that's how understood it from what trafi said), if not the majority of it would be angst and the updates are slow. I'm the kind of person that dwells/obsesses about things, couple that with slow updates and only angst for a while I get anxious. The last time I checked for an update was last year, and at the time he was on "Poor choice of words" strip and there have been only 8 new ones since then.

I'll just be focused on the negative and I'll get myself so worked up that I won't read the rest even if we know from the start that they end up together, because who knows what they'll do when they're 'fighting', either have sex with other people or something else.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

these releases take so long that I keep forgetting what has happened.

joined Nov 30, 2011

these releases take so long that I keep forgetting what has happened.

Ally and Lisa had a major fight and Lisa apparently moved out for sometime to her parent's place, where all of her siblings are at the moment as well. Meanwhile, Ally broke her arm the night of the fight and when she went to talk to Alan she found him in a mess. Something akin to writer's bloke... except in this case it relates to designing bdsm related furniture and outfits. Both Ally and Alan had a night of heavy drinking and now here we are!! Alan and Anne meet... again apparently.

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 10:16AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

For those who were waiting for Sunstone to end, it ended yesterday. But we will probablly get a lot more about Lisa and Ally in the next parts.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

trafi posted:

For those who were waiting for Sunstone to end, it ended yesterday. But we will probablly get a lot more about Lisa and Ally in the next parts.

What next parts if it ended?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

trafi posted:

What next parts if it ended?

Sejic has plans to draw stories about two other couples in the series, both of them het, though: Alan x Anne and Marion x James. Ally x Lisa will appear in them as side characters, and there is also the fourth installment about which little is known except that it ends with Ally and Lisa's wedding.

Source: http://shiniez.deviantart.com/journal/sunstone-is-over-long-live-sunstone-P-642594093

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The end is merely the beginning of a new story.

Glad this story got to its conclusion, though, too many ends up abandonned or in an unsatisfying way. Now I really hope we'll get to see the wedding. :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.