Forum › Sayonara Folklore discussion

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Ok so I reread this story and notice there wasnt a discussion topic for it ?
The art is a bit different from Pure water adolescence but it's fine in it own way.
and I still take that Takazawa sensei is one of the "two girls" in the legend. T. Kanako it must be her eh? wonder where her sempai is though.

I want to say more about the ending but a high school love story ending stays in high school settings though. That's why I'm looking forward to more stories with grown ups characters.

Thank you for the hard work still !

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

Ok so I reread this story and notice there wasnt a discussion topic for it ?
The art is a bit different from Pure water adolescence but it's fine in it own way.
and I still take that Takazawa sensei is one of the "two girls" in the legend. T. Kanako it must be her eh? wonder where her sempai is though.

I want to say more about the ending but a high school love story ending stays in high school settings though. That's why I'm looking forward to more stories with grown ups characters.

Thank you for the hard work still !

the other one is Sumika's older sister, i think..

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

the other one is Sumika's older sister, i think..

That does seem quite likely as the letter is adressed to a Mashiro.

Edit: Well the special that i didnt even remember reading before makes it quite clear.

last edited at Nov 27, 2013 12:15PM

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

wow thanks for enlightening me ai-chan and redun.
I wish I could she more of Kazuma Kowo's work soon ! She's definitely in my subscribed list. ^ ^

last edited at Nov 27, 2013 2:40PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well this was kinda cute, good read I guess.

Download%20(1)
joined Feb 9, 2014

This was a really good manga.
I reread it like 5 times to understand the plot that their sensie ,and sumika's sister were the two lovers in the monday curse. So that no one of the girls will have that hardship like sensie's feeling maybe when she got broken hearted to Sumika's sister.
Its only a guess from how i read it.

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Teachers suck. Even if my own mom is a teacher, and I wanted to be one, I can still say that.

About ch3 last page, I'd say:
You have been disqualified from doing scanlation the moment you decide to shut down your group just because you found your work are getting misused. It's against the basic concept of scanlation - to provide people with opportunities to read unread comic. Law? Copyrights? Sorry, I don't give a fuck.

last edited at Apr 8, 2014 9:52AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just found this - dunno how i missed it being uploaded. Was pretty enjoyable.

BUT-

last page of the extra - to quote their TLDR; 'Shi-ki is closing because mangafox is gay'.

I find it hard to believe he could write that in a YURI manga he'd just translated - without seeing the huge irony - and hypocrisy - of using 'gay' as an insult.

Gay is NOT an insult- but it IS insulting to use it as one. There are plenty of good words to describe places like mangafox - this NOT being one.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 4:03PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Just found this - dunno how i missed it being uploaded. Was pretty enjoyable.

BUT-

last page of the extra - to quote their TLDR; 'Shi-ki is closing because mangafox is gay'.

I find it hard to believe he could write that in a YURI manga he'd just translated - without seeing the huge irony - and hypocrisy - of using 'gay' as an insult.

Gay is NOT an insult- but it IS insulting to use it as one. There are plenty of good words to describe places like mangafox - this NOT being one.

Well, they did close down just because MF is publishing their stuff without proper consent. If one really thinks about it, closing down a scanlation group for that hurts the readers more than sites like MF since I doubt they even care about a small group that scanlates yuri of all things. Probably one of the genre with the smallest fanbase. That says quite a bit about them IMO.

Though I do appreciate them for having finished this before closing. Who knows how long it would've taken for another group to pick it back up if at all.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 5:40PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, they did close down just because MF is publishing their stuff without proper consent. If one really thinks about it, closing down a scanlation group for that hurts the readers more than sites like MF since I doubt they even care about a small group that scanlates yuri of all things. Probably one of the genre with the smallest fanbase. That says quite a bit about them IMO.

Though I do appreciate them for having finished this before closing. Who knows how long it would've taken for another group to pick it back up if at all.

I appreciate that much, but I honestly think closing down because of MF was a childish, and ultimately self-centred move. It's basically punishing the fans, a lot of whom probably have not read it on MF since it's not the sort of thing that has a high profile there. It's sites like this and yuri blogs that generally give proper credit that showcase a series like this, and it ends up being them and the innocent fans who suffer as a result.

I'd say that carelessly using "gay" as a slur is absolutely in character for someone who puts that little thought into their choices.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

suicide probably caused by homophobia and the solution for that more homophobia.
nice school.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

suicide probably caused by homophobia and the solution for that more homophobia.
nice school.

Nobody actually died, I think. Although the teacher did admit that encouraging the whole superstition thing was a mistake.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

nice school.

The story about the suicides was not real.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

nice school.

Nobody actually died, I think. Although the teacher did admit that encouraging the whole superstition thing was a mistake.

yeah it just an attempt. still nice school though.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 9:36PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

Extra 04 has random catgirl because apparently this manga would otherwise lack catgirls...

last edited at Apr 10, 2014 1:19AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Now that's an interesting ending
"Yuri is allowed, go wild"

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

This is a fun read. :)
Though not quite fond of the curse story though.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

We're clear on Tokawa-sensei and Sumika Mashiro's older sister being the ones behind the curse/legend,,,

But regarding Acchan, according to this credit page:
"...notice the reactions of the girl who has to hold Acchan who saw herself defeated when she hears Mashiro at the end of the story..."
Does that refer to this girl at this scene at the end?
The light-haired girl sure got flustered with Acchan... and reading Extra 04, the two pairs surely look like Acchan and that girl (although that extra was weird and seems to be standalone/not part of the story)

Ok, in short I just love Acchan and my ship sails with those short 4 panels with the said flustered girl xp

And I just have to do it... something to stare at headcanon with. Le sigh #rereadingfavorites
acchanthestoicxflusteredmaiden

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

You might be onto something there.

I was really bummed that Acchan seemed to love Takase but the story never really dealt with that implied love triangle. So that could be some kind of closure, yet given how disjointed that extra was, it's a guess at best.

All in all, this story feels a bit rushed and parts of it remained kind of hard to get for me. Given how creative Kazuma Kowo's oneshots are, I was a bit let down. Trying to re-read it, I have trouble getting into it a second time.

last edited at Jul 19, 2015 1:16PM

joined Jul 20, 2011

Nobody actually died, I think.

"The report of their death was an exaggeration".

joined Oct 30, 2015

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! So fucking cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

This! so cute ///=v=///

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Reading this for the second time that institutionalized superstition and homophobia is still pissing me off to no end. So I guess good job with that, Kazuma Kowo

On that note I really enjoyed that line: The custom itself caused the problem...?
That's right dictators of the world, freedom will always find a way to turn those shackles against you

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

the fact that the two girls from the legend where takazawa sensei and mashiro's sister was pretty obvious, to me at least.. never the less, still a good read, i enjoyed it alot <3

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well I just read this because it got featured... and honestly it's way too idiotic for me to take seriously, especially since it really tried to be serious. No high school kids can possibly be this dumb as to believe in some nonsensical curse to the point of being so scared (and they even have a repelling charm ready lmao).

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 9:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.