Forum › Soga no Tojiko Will Not Talk discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Interesting. Very interesting...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Would highly recommend visiting the release post if you'd like a more typical English translation. There are two versions - I chose this one because Carcharias is one of only two doujinshi artists (that I know of, anyway) that use a lot of old language, and it's kind of important to retain that tone.

Anyways...this is a weird series.

joined Aug 9, 2013

I cant understand this story at all

joined Apr 10, 2013

Indeed, it is weird. Man, that kiss between Futo and Tojiko. nosebleed

I don't understand this at all and I am confused, however, for the sake of the happenings, I'll just ignore the storyline and simply go with it.

joined Apr 10, 2013

Once again, I do not understand. Still enjoyed it though.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Hot damn, this series is amazing. I love the historical/political/religious details, the themes of characterization, depth/intrigue of the plot. The only thing is that the writing somehow seems to have a penchant for melodrama that I'm not all that sure yet meshes well with everything else.

edit: Welp, after reading the side story, I guess not lol. Though this series seems to be shipping Futo x Tojiko pretty hard.

In any case, I really love these historical works which dive into the backgrounds of various parts of the Touhou cast as they are incredible for helping me form a deeper image of the characters. I barely knew or thought anything of Futo or Tojiko before, but this series has done an incredible job of making me care. Can't wait to see the conclusion, in volume 4 and (apparently?) volume 5.

Awesome stuff.

last edited at Oct 30, 2013 8:02AM

joined Apr 10, 2013

Madness came, I am happy. Such simple mind on complicated stuff somewhat eases me.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

Where there's het, there's alwayys drama.

Rinnosuke Morichika
joined Feb 17, 2016

And I'm still waiting for what has to come next... Where's the ending!? ;3;

joined Jan 22, 2015

Oh my

Remuirriria2
joined May 19, 2016

it's been a year since i read this and i'm still wondering where the ending's at. please. i can't live without knowing what's gonna happen

Images%20(19)
joined Mar 12, 2017

Im waiting for a long time. Reread this manga is helping me tbh

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

For those who are still following this, there are translations of the next part on Danbooru.

However, that chapter was apparently released back in 2015, and the artist hasn't really drawn anything Touhou related since, so this story may be on indefinite hiatus.

__minamoto_chikaru_strawberry_panic_drawn_by_takashina_asahi__abe92d9e0ddce264552d5caa2b8929cc
joined May 13, 2018

That was wonderful. A tad confusing, but a very good insight of TD characters' backstory. That attempted rape scene...Um....wasn't expecting that. .-.

Anyway, I like the headcanon of Futo being the stepmother of Tojiko.

last edited at Jun 12, 2018 7:05AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Futo's fondness for Tojiko sure is suggestive... Yuri crush perhaps? Some Subtext at the very least.
Huh, and apparently even Seiga wants in on that action.

last edited at Aug 17, 2019 6:05PM

Social%20media%20icon
joined Feb 24, 2017

Dammit, the first chapter needs a gods-damned Kyubey warning! I almost snorted gin-and-tonic through my nose!

joined Oct 29, 2019

Serious Futo is good Futo

Edit: Will there be another part for this? I know there's a Danbooru link to middle part, but how about the latter?

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 7:51PM

Remuirriria2
joined May 19, 2016

Serious Futo is good Futo

Edit: Will there be another part for this? I know there's a Danbooru link to middle part, but how about the latter?

this artist hasn't drawn touhou in years, unfortunately i doubt it will ever be finished.

Good%20version%20white
joined Jan 27, 2019

The final part likely exists since the circle signed up for C89. Don't know ever they ever attended though.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Yeah, this got an update on MD recently, though it still isn't the last part.

Overall, I think it's an amazing, intense story of broken ideals and twisted desires (how fitting), showing us how brutal and manipulative the politics of Miko's time were. You know it's gonna be a dark story when Seiga freaking Kaku isn't clearly the most morally bankrupt character in the cast. I'd never been much of a Tojiko fan, but this story really made me feel for her and all the bullshit she's put through by a binding culture imposed by power-hungry hypocrites. And I like the decision to make Futo smarter and more tragic, because before reading this, I'd never seen her as anything beyond an anachronistic airhead. The art lends the manga a dark, claustrophobic sense of beauty, with immense attention given to contorting, aching bodies and rigid, morbid expressions, creating brilliant contrasts between the beauty of every character's face and the ugliness of their expressions. From philosophical intrigue to psychological depth, and from historical detail to emotional investment, this is a tale that excels in every regard. Once again, I'm reminded of just how special Touhou is a series and a fandom to forge such unique narratives.

joined Aug 10, 2016

seeing this on the Recently Added page gave me new hope, only to realize its an old upload.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 10:51PM

joined Jan 10, 2021

Have faith my friend it will happen

joined Mar 6, 2022

Aw man, this series is so cool . . . I wish the next part was real

Sem%20t%c3%adtulo-1
joined Sep 14, 2015

Awesome doujin, too bad we probably will never see it ended: Carcharias dropped the series a long time ago and vanished to never return, looks like it's all due to some drama involving her shifting from touhou to kancolle and subsequent doxxings, blackmails, reviewbombs and some problems that happened in the comiket. There's no update in any of her websites and social media since april/2019 and a lot of her sites/accounts were deleted.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 7:33PM

Seijapfp
joined Jan 12, 2023

Since this might be over forever, I absolutely can't stop thinking about the ending. It seems to be a letter from Seiga to her "dead husband," a celestial who violated and ruined her, describing everyone's state of mind and some important things about Miyako that received foreshadowing earlier on.

If I understood all this correctly, Miyako stored away Toziko's (her "little sister from a different mother") soul after the latter had her resurrection botched by possibly a love-crazed/out of her mind Futo at death's door. Miyako herself was pretending to be Seiga's zombie puppet all along until she could finally execute her plan instead of "eating" Toziko like Seiga expected.

"Grotesquely warped and having lost your voice... Toziko. Despite all that, you still remember me?"

This is all theory-crafting to cope with the lack of a latter part, of course. And there's a lot more to infer from that monologue.

Maybe we'd understand what happens near the ending a little better if 蘇我屠自古は語らない 番外編 ~宮古芳香は語れない~, the novel about Yoshika, was somehow translated.

last edited at Feb 10, 2024 1:47AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.