Forum › Bilibili Comics Platform Shutdown

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Welp, Bilibili Comics and its associated app are going to officially shut down next month on February 29th, taking with it the official English releases of all these Yuri Manhua.

I hope someone took it upon themselves to preserve them somehow before they inevitably fall into the void, never to be heard from again.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well, several of them have ongoing scanlations that are being posted on MD and Dynasty.
My Feelings Can Wait aka long-awaited feelings
Your Scent is a little Sweet
Childhood Friend
My Food Looks Very Cute
PBMMV
I would be grateful to see Romance of the Stars, Incapable Married Princesses, and A Saintess has a Showdown get completed though

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

There's The Saintess has a Showdown too, though it's mostly an all-women action series with monster girls dishing out explosions, light guro and martial arts with exponential power growth, and yuri or fanservice being tertiary. I think about 90-100 initial chapters are preserved on aggressive aggregators (and chapters 163-167 are missing from that one machine translation overlay aggregator).
The yuri in it (spoilers): With everyone being female there's same-sex pregnancy and marriage in the lore for both humans and animals/monster girls, though it's not referenced in the story much. There's an early couple tease with a green-haired masochist girl that's obsessively in love with the protagonist but that ship pretty much sinks, later the prtoagonist is made physically incapable of love due to the plot and 300+ chapters in there's still no sign of it ever getting undone. Instead there's some monster girl flirting, a few characters being acknowledged as married, and one recurring subplot with a furry girl couple engaging in sex, getting pregnant from fisting, marrying and raising their children.

Edit: The Incapable Married Princess's first 100 chapters are leaked on aggregators too, so 101-143 are in need of preservation.

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 6:41PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

There's The Saintess has a Showdown too

You're right, now that I look I'm surprised it isn't in the picture actually. I just took a screenshot of the GL genre rubric and Saintess definitely has the GL tag as well o.o odd.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

I've checked licensed manhua on mangaupdates and there are two more:
Idol Manager In Another World, though by the look of it it's already been fully leaked to aggregators.
Dragon Girl's Happiness is tagged as shoujo ai on mangaupdates, but it's also on indefinite hiatus after only 9 chapters and there's a scanlation alternative.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

most of these manhua are frankly incomprehensible despite the relatively high quality translations due to very, VERY poor paneling/understanding of sequential art anyway
I'd be more interested in finding out how many of these were adapted from webnovels and getting those licensed

joined Sep 9, 2023

Really gonna miss Working Overtime to Destroy the World most of all. Lots of interesting characters, good storylines, multiple unambiguous relationships, and great humor, all set in a mythos that is relatively untapped for the genre.

Found an MTL site for it and Saintess Showdown while some others are on the Webcomics app. Does anyone have anything for For Her I'd Give It My All?

joined Jan 3, 2020

There's an absolutely devastating amount of content being lost or left unfinished. Some series have some fan translations available (though in some of cases, Bilibili's translations were superior). However, around half of these series have never even been attempted by fan translation groups, even before Bilibili started on working them.

China has over 10x the population of Japan, and even if there's much less GL per person written there, there's also very few English fan translation groups working on Chinese content compared to Japanese. It's nobody fault that so much slips through the cracks in comparison, but the reality does suck. It's heartbreaking to see all of this lost content/lost potential content. Even if people preserve what's there (which unfortunately will be probably be subject to takedowns if hosted here or MD, so it can only be on aggregators), I doubt many of these series will ever be finished.

My personal favorite manhua is Baili Jin Among Mortals. Outside Bilibili, there was an old Mangadex translation that went to like... chapter 35 that was decent. These days, it has a really, really mediocre MTL-translation-quality, MS-Paint-paneling-quality fan translation available on aggregators only. I'd guess it was probably being posted to Facebook only (and to be fair to whoever is doing it, Dynasty and Mangadex comments would probably be vicious to the quality of this fan translation).

This is the type of situation a lot of fans are going to be in. The alternatives of nothing and MTL.

Anyway, I'm up to date on all of them, so I'll make a post later with a rough summary of what the situation for every series is (i.e. "is it done? are there any fan translation efforts? where? any official alternatives? where?").

most of these manhua are frankly incomprehensible despite the relatively high quality translations due to very, VERY poor paneling/understanding of sequential art anyway
I'd be more interested in finding out how many of these were adapted from webnovels and getting those licensed

No, most of them are fine, decent even. I have a particularly hard time with bad panel attribution, and I only had any issue with about 2 of their older works. As you noted, the translation quality is typically exceptional. There were a few weird chapters in a couple of the series that had a drastically lower quality. It happened around this time last year (the last time they contemplated a shutdown).

I truly wish I could summarize this shutdown as "oh well, everything was shit anyway; nothing was lost". Unfortunately, even if you think that's true, the alternatives of literally nothing or 'translations' like the Baili Jin one are both awful.

last edited at Jan 30, 2024 4:33PM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Is there any great or overlooked not-yuri manhua there with 100 or less chapters that you know hasn't been leaked to any aggregators or elsewhere (or that's been only partially leaked and needs less than 100 chapters for completion)?

It's likely unnecessary to do so with how many users rushed to save their already-unlocked stuff, but I could grab/read a few more things just in case others did it for personal use only.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Does anyone have coins to buy Goddess of Jealousy? I wanted to top up to buy chapters 126-140 but that's not possible...

To reply you must either login or sign up.