Forum › Mado Nano CROSSOVER discussion

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I really hope Madoka is going to come back and kick Nanoha's ass. She is the equivalent to a God.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, Nanoha is equivalent of a Demon.

Hahah... I wish this have more chapters... I can't help but look forward to this kinds of crossovers... And this are manga at that.... more like doujin but whatever...

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

Indeed she is a Demon, The White Devil shivers This was incredible, Nanoha is not one to be messed with

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm reasonably fond of Nanoha, but having her beat up the entire Madoka cast and solve all the problems just pisses me off. She shouldn't know everything that's going on, much less have any kind of solution

Also I'm not certain how this has a second chapter?

joined Jun 21, 2013

There have never been indications that she's a demon/devil/or otherwise in the series except for extreme displays of skill and power in As and Strikers and even then the only one who called her a demon was Vita and it was in As. I don't recall if it was mentioned again, correct me if I'm wrong. And unless you mean demon as in: the less demonic and more of the "has exceptional enthusiasm " definition of demon, then yes I can agree with you there. She is very driven and that can lead to extraordinary things.

However, if you ignore this current crossover for a moment and compare her to Madoka -final stages of both characters' abilities in both series- there would be no way for Nanoha to beat Madoka and I'm not saying this because I hate Nanoha or am trying to go completely against her.

Madoka created a whole new world and is currently looking after it. She became omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient, so basically: a God. Compared to Nanoha who is still, by all rights, only human there is no contest.

Sure I'm just a bit peeved that Nanoha pretty much bullied her way into territory that was not her own and where Madoka stands she couldn't possibly hope to beat Nanoha, yes I can accept this. But I will find it hard to believe that this will be the extent of Madoka we see in terms of growth throughout this entire series. Sure it's the only the first chapter, but I don't think I can sit back and enjoy this if I keep seeing Madoka lose time and time again when there is so much more to her as there is to Nanoha.

All and all I just really hope Mosome does some justice for Madoka and allows her to be the character she was meant to be, and not just the weakling she was just seen as.

last edited at Jul 27, 2013 2:19AM

joined Nov 9, 2012

There have never been indications that she's a demon/devil/or otherwise in the series except for extreme displays of skill and power in As and Strikers and even then the only one who called her a demon was Vita and it was in As.

Nanoha's nickname is the white devil, soo..

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

an other puella nanoha crossover ...

if there's someone who likes to write and has good ideas about a claymoreXpuella dj, i really want to draw somethings along that lines

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

This doesn't just have 2 chapters. This has 4 chapters.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

This doesn't just have 2 chapters. This has 4 chapters.

and looks there is going to be more, by the looks how ch 4 ended.

joined Jun 21, 2013

There have never been indications that she's a demon/devil/or otherwise in the series except for extreme displays of skill and power in As and Strikers and even then the only one who called her a demon was Vita and it was in As.

Nanoha's nickname is the white devil, soo..

That was fan given. I don't ever recall anyone in the series referring to her as that and if they did it was probably fan-subbed. :/

Chie_ava_katsuragi2
joined May 7, 2012

Vita calls her a devil on Nanoha A's. And Nanoha says "Call me a devil... it just means I'll have to use my hellish powers to get you to listen!"

Episode 9. They actually say "akuma" in japanese.

last edited at Jul 27, 2013 2:28PM

joined Jun 21, 2013

I mentioned that in my post prior to the one above that Vita did do that. (I wrote demon, but if she said devil then my mistake), but I mean no one has referred to her as "White Devil" specifically.

joined Apr 10, 2013

There have never been indications that she's a demon/devil/or otherwise in the series except for extreme displays of skill and power in As and Strikers and even then the only one who called her a demon was Vita and it was in A's....

All and all I just really hope Mosome does some justice for Madoka and allows her to be the character she was meant to be, and not just the weakling she was just seen as.

Wow, that was long! And I got burned! Hahah, yeah, but yes, that many paragraphs did me good! Didn't really think about it that much seeing as I just wrote it in.... Like, just wanted to say equivalent to devil/demons whatever... Hmm... Now that I (logically) think about it, I would really want to see how the Puella would make their comeback..

Well, since I read a Xover of Puella and Nanoha after reading this the first time, wouldn't it be safe to assume that this is a different timeline where Madoka is not a god? Well, it's a different matter if Homura is not there anymore though... No rewinding of time...

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Of course Nanoha isn't really a devil - that is just a nickname by the fans with her being an enormous powerhouse and the references to Gundam's white devil.

I understand that you are rather fond of the character Madoka but putting that aside why should it matter?

If it is just for the sheer sake of a power comparison - Madoka's physical form isn't much to talk about and I disagree with your point that her final form is omnipresent, omnipotent nor omniscient. She was portrayed being a formless existence with her only affecting the world via her granted wish in eradicating all witches from past, present and future. Therefore passively changing the timeline.

If one had to compare her to a known concept I would say she is like a natural law prohibiting the existence of witches. And why should Nanoha care about something that can't in any form interact with her?

If Madoka in fact were really an omniscient and omnipotent being she would have had endless options which were never portrayed.
How about for example...
- preventing all misery ever from happening (or for a specific one: at least her friends from dying)
- solve the universes energy problem which made Kyuubey scheme necessary
- ban Kyuubey's existence
- give herself a physical form and live her life together with Homura

last edited at Jul 27, 2013 6:12PM

joined Jun 21, 2013

Before I continue this lovely discussion (which I am thoroughly enjoying), because I am entering dangerous territory now: I just want to make it clear that I am not not trying to push any belief/faith on you. There are of course, many definitions of a God, depending on which religion you choose from.

These points are made by taking basic (and some complex) concepts of God and comparing it to the subject anime character in question.

I disagree with your point that her final form is omnipresent, omnipotent nor omniscient.

Okay so maybe not omnipresent...

Moving on:

Madoka wishes to destroy all the soul gems no matter what: that it can be seen as omnipotence. Why? Because that is an impossible wish in the current state she was in and she had to be given the powers to do so.

One would have to either go into a God-like state or become a God to even remotely come close to moving through past/future freely. That would not make her omnipresent, but it does make her immortal which means she is always there, but not everywhere at once, but again, God is, in a way, immortal. She is also going around releasing magical girls from the timeline (from first to last). When one changes the timeline, passive or not, they are essentially creating a different world (another display of omnipotent, how much power do you need to change the world as Madoka did is probably debatable).

Now for those options that were never portrayed:

Her powers were given to her to preform the function of her wish. One would think that would make her limited, and of course it does. Madoka can't do anything other than what she was made to do. Even if she wanted to be with her friends she couldn't. That is not the purpose of her powers. She can't do anything outside her function, but that doesn't make her not a God.

Well...God has a function if God goes against his/her/it's function, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having one? Check links to get a better explanation of this.

So for your points:

-preventing all misery ever from happening (or for a specific one: at least her friends from dying)
-solve the universes energy problem which made Kyuubey scheme necessary
- ban Kyuubey's existence
- give herself a physical form and live her life together with Homura

These can easily be explained by the fact they are not a part of her power's function, so she can't preform them. If her function wasn't a factor let's take these into consideration:

-That first one: God doesn't always do what's best for others, if things are meant to be they are meant to be. Simple as that.
-See above.
-Banning Kyuubey's existence before any of this happened, would be problematic. There would be no such thing as witch/soul gems to begin with, thus Madoka wouldn't have been able to make her wish, and that would just defeat the purpose of the show.
-Let me ask that question with another: if God (once again depending on what you believe) is all powerful why doesn't he/she/it do that to prove he/she/it exists? Either God can or can't is debatable and so is Madoka's ability to do so.

I said my piece on the subject matter so I won't continue after this post cause ohmygod if I continue on like this I might get carpal tunnel.

Some sources to help get my point across:
Webster definition of God: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god
Wiki definiton of God: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
Madoka's wiki (for her wish): http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Madoka_Kaname
Some blogs to help my point because they are more organized than my thoughts: http://animemoonblogger.blogspot.com/2012/06/transcendence-of-kaname-madoka.html, http://brianandrew.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/madoka-magica-eleven-twelve-madoka-becomes-a-god/

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Typing so much text and in the end our positions aren't that different. You just focused on my examples rather than the underlying point.

We just applied different definitions of omnipotence:
"A deity is able to do anything that it chooses to do." vs "A deity is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature."

The only thing I wanted to express was that her options are limited. That she is not almighty. Like I said any interaction with the world outside of ... you called it her 'function' (the extermination of witches) ... is not possible for her. Therefore the comparison with a natural law affecting that one specific aspect of the world rather than a god. Even though it actually does not matter what one chooses to call it.

And to finally come back to the starting point of this discussion: with her being in such a form there is simply no confrontation (or any interaction) possible between Nanoha and Madoka. Therefore even this whole power comparison thing was essentially useless. ^^

With the plot as it is now the only chance I see for us witnessing Madoka again is Nanoha becoming a witch herself and Madoka miraculously ascending - but if that is really how the story will go - we will see. Maybe they just plainly revive her even though that would be rather anti-climatic. ^^

last edited at Jul 28, 2013 3:54AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

To everyone worried this manga would just be plotless "Nanoha cast beat the shit out of Madoka cast", I hope these new chapters please you. Battles aren't as one sided as you think they might, and yes there is actually a plot.

joined Nov 9, 2012

I'm glad too see more chapters to this. The first chapter was just all of them getting wiped out for no reason so I'm glad they cleared up the confusion a little. Oh god if Nanoha made a contract she would be the most frightening witch ever.

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

Shit got serious o_o.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

And Moemura is finally here. Seeing how cool the fight between Kyouko and Fate was, I can only imagine how epic next chapter will be.

The urge to watch Nanoha keeps on rising.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 6:15AM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Hey I was wondering what if Madoka just ACTIVELY grabbed Raising Heart and stabbed into herself in ch1. Will that ever cause Nanoha a psychological trauma? Or only some cold-blooded "What a foolish / desperate girl. That has nothing to do with me."?

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 6:48AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that dealt with most of the issues I had with the first chapter. Via retcons that don't make much sense, but still

joined Apr 10, 2013

AH, fighting scenes! Hmmm... Is Nanoha the source of the "missile" in this page?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mado_nano_crossover_ch03#17

Ah, Nanoha can't defeat Walpurgis Night... THIS WILL BE FUN~

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

How:

1. Past Akemi Homura visits future, finds out they were killed and alters/resets time.
  2. Future MadoGod decides that the timeline/dimension is too fucking sad/messed up and alters results.
  3. MadoGod creates multiple dimension wherein the end results are a) The Puella gang dies b) The Nanoha gang dies c) They all die d) We all die e) You read a 4 chp. doujin that may or may not make sense and now
  4. You have been mind fucked.
230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

How:

1. Past Akemi Homura visits future, finds out they were killed and alters/resets time.
  2. Future MadoGod decides that the timeline/dimension is too fucking sad/messed up and alters results.
  3. MadoGod creates multiple dimension wherein the end results are a) The Puella gang dies b) The Nanoha gang dies c) They all die d) We all die e) You read a 4 chp. doujin that may or may not make sense and now
  4. You have been mind fucked.

you have forgot:
5) modoka come back as a godness-witch, homuhomu, seing that, became the most powerfull witch ever, one-shoot-kill all the nanoha staff, destroy all the dimension and live happly after in the void with madoka...

i'd really want to see that

To reply you must either login or sign up.