Forum › Unstable Castle of Tokarev discussion

joined May 28, 2013

I'm surprised there aren't any comments for this 0: The story line wasn't really coherent but either way the story was still very interesting. I loved the characters, the art was really nice too. It's just such a mysterious manga, it started from no where and ended from no where. Arghh. I'm not satisfied xD

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The last chapter was kind of horrible in every way, but, aside from that, I liked it

joined May 22, 2013

The last chapter was kind of horrible in every way, but, aside from that, I liked it

lol...yeah that about sums it up for me...

joined Mar 30, 2012

Same... it was very interesting though.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think the last chapter was okay. I kind of was expecting more I guess xD but overall I did enjoy reading this ^-^

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

i would put yuri as one of the tags for it
it certainly fits the category
i love this manga especially

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

this made my morning really depressing.. sigh. the ending.. really.
but i still like it overall.

PineapplesForSale
Annie%20is%20bae2
joined May 25, 2013

Oh damn... the depression..
Man, that last chapter really crushed me. I liked the art style and the story was okay to me. And I do agree that there should be a yuri tag for this.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm, that was interesting. I agree that it suffered a bit at the end, but I think that's more due to it's brevity than anything else. The setup was interesting, but the conflict was very abbreviated and the revelations came with minimal effort on the protagonists part. That there was little to no foreshadowing of the supernatural and that the end was carried by something of a deus ex machina was also disappointing, which is compounded by the protagonists lack of agency at the end and the relatively sad ending.

It's unfortunate really. The supernatural portion of the conceit seemed like it had lots of potential, it actually reminded me of xxxHolic, but they did nothing with it. Stopping time with a wish shouldn't be something so minor that it can be brushed away with a single mention and there's a lot that can be done with characters who are in the know dropping in and out of the frozen time. Besides that, if one person's wish can stop time, imagine what else could be done.

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

The ending sucked real bad...

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

Very unique. I was fascinated from start to finish. The ending fit the rest of the story.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Nah, it hasnt clicked with me
It was nice, beautiful but long and a little yuriless

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would (still wondering why the spin off is called a spin off if it's part of the story...but whatever). I rarely find anything with this kind of ending that isn't tagged depressing_as_fuck or tragedy.

I fell in love with Tokarev so was kinda sad she was killed, but at the same time wanted to shoot her in the head myself for that lame explanation of the origin of the school. That probably could have been more...I dunno drawn out as well as the supernatural aspect of the story (i.e. the school being there cause of a wish). There was so much that could have been done with that but it didn't happen, which gives it an empty, meaningless feeling when you think about it.

However, despite its flaws, the ending was very fitting for this series and left me wanting more...even though there never will be. TTwTT

joined May 31, 2013

I enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would (still wondering why the spin off is called a spin off if it's part of the story...but whatever). I rarely find anything with this kind of ending that isn't tagged depressing_as_fuck or tragedy.

I fell in love with Tokarev so was kinda sad she was killed, but at the same time wanted to shoot her in the head myself for that lame explanation of the origin of the school. That probably could have been more...I dunno drawn out as well as the supernatural aspect of the story (i.e. the school being there cause of a wish). There was so much that could have been done with that but it didn't happen, which gives it an empty, meaningless feeling when you think about it.

However, despite its flaws, the ending was very fitting for this series and left me wanting more...even though there never will be. TTwTT

I had a similar feeling in girlfriends when mari gave the "kitten" explanation, I've seen some hardcore closet case's but man was that one hard to suspend my disbelief for. I personally think in this case the author just needed to quickly wrap it up to meet a deadline.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

And they separate forever in the end because of reasons...

These poorly contrived endings where the two girls can never see each other ever again are really starting to come across as nothing but a middle finger to people who want to see a happy ending for a yuri couple.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this type of story always remember me of Lost, more are the mysteries and the question, higher is the possibility of a unsatisfying ending,
but with only 2 volumes i think this is the best that the artist could do

gayfordiannaagron
Untitled
joined Jan 30, 2014

It started off quite interesting and lacked direction after the second chapter then by the end nothing made sense anymore. on the plus side, the art was great to look at

joined Mar 3, 2014

This ended way to early. It need a lot for backstory for most of the characters. And a more solid yuri ending would've been nice.

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

What. The. Hell. What the heck was that ending?! The depression, I can't take it.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

so the ending:
tokarev was shot by hiro I take it?
and then hiro somehow sealed off the school from the outside world and stopped anyone else from being able to come there?
and somehow ayaka was transported to outside the school?

if the answer to all those questions is yes, then I say I wasted my time reading this series. seriously, all those pages tried to build up a story and relationships but in the end we all get screwed.

I agree with Lifecharacter, but I don't blame the artist/author because I suppose they probably had to conform to what their editor wanted

last edited at Jun 2, 2014 9:50PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

From what I could gather those with a strong enough will could make a wish become reality. Ayaka and her friend wished to escape and Hiro wished to save Tokarev. Hiro failed in her wish as she ended up killing Tokarev, this meant that she couldn't leave. The Public Commitee member and other students probably couldn't leave because although they wished too their resolve wasn't strong enough. The other students couldn't leave because Tokarev manipulated them into losing their will like Ayaka's other friend.

Ayaka and her friend were able to escape because they really wanted to leave, her friend because she was scared of the place after the beating and possible rape and Ayaka because she wanted to escape with Hiro. However Hiro could not leave because of he failed wish.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That end... ;-;

Kuk(1)
joined Aug 1, 2015

I wish they could have been together but I'm sure hironee is not dead yet and they will meet again in the coming future

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

Well, that was an interesting read... Don't know how I feel about the ending though. Overall it was enjoyable it was just rushed and a lot got packed into two volumes. If it was allowed to be stretched out longer it probably would have a better plot flow.

14691071_1841356816099777_6969853052067242903_n
joined Mar 10, 2016

My Theory about the ending: Hiroko did not kill Tokarev, and just shot her unconscious, my reasons to think this is because neither her body have any blood nor Hiroko could do it(the whole manga exists because she wanted to save her little sister). Instead, i guess since Hiroko could not save Tokarev, she choose to go along with her sister's wish and stay there with her and the other students forever, because Ayaka would never submiss to Tokarev(to who even Hiroko was already submissive) , Hiroko let her be free(though i really think Ayaka would rather stay there with her, even if it means living with Tokarev as well ¬¬). I really enjoyed it and tough it would have a way greater ending, and LOTS more of explanation, the last chapter explain little to nothing, at the the start of the manga, it would get a 10/10 from me, but the lack of explanations and ending reduced it to a 7/10. This manga heavily needed more chapters and a epilogue, like, really? You'll never see your beloved one again and you write a damn novel? and WTF happened with Higoromo who also escaped?Did she and Ayaka became best friends?lovers?wife and wife? Only the author knows...*sigh* Sadly, i don't think this manga lacked yuri, actually, it was full of it, pretty much every girl is gay, the really sad part is that it seems most of the (rare) yuri mangas with a plot not only focused in the romance have a rushed or unsatisfaying ending :\

To reply you must either login or sign up.