Forum › A Lollipop or a Bullet discussion

Rare_starlight_(22)
joined May 13, 2013

I ask one question this is a shoujo ai or yuri

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Neither, that's why it's not tagged with it.

joined Apr 1, 2013

more coming?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Unless someone else picks it up? Nope.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i 'm happy(?) to see the more depressing and distressful manga, after homunculus, on DR,
honestly, when i began to read it, i was sure to see a yuri development, but it's a nice(?) story, i'd like to read the novel

post-edit: i just see a fun thing, one of the categories on baka-up is "important non-romantic relationship/s", i think a lot of people had the same expectations

last edited at May 14, 2013 2:41AM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Good to see this piece of shit finally made it in.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Good to see this piece of shit finally made it in.

i remember that, reading an other post, i had the impression you aren't a big fan of this

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

just finished reading chapter 1. I was taken over. is it alright to dream of a happy ending with this?I'm actually afraid to proceed and ruin the good impression i already had. love the two main characters

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

just finished reading chapter 1. I was taken over. is it alright to dream of a happy ending with this?I'm actually afraid to proceed and ruin the good impression i already had. love the two main characters

Well, im not gonna look at it (totaly not my thing) but it does have a 'Tragedy' tag so i'd guess it dosn't have a happy end.

last edited at May 14, 2013 8:14AM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

"Every children are soldiers and the world is a survival game. And then Mokuzu . . . Umino Mokuzu, what will happen of you --- . . ." ='(
waah.fudge. and fudges. done reading up to chapter 9. I really can't help but be sad and feel a prickling in my chest. this manga unexpectedly tells a genuine tear-jearking story, a very good building up of friendship. I really hope this will be completely translated. this indeed deserves a lot of readers. trust me, you better read this and you'll end up wishing for the goodness of the characters.

Img_0180
joined Mar 9, 2012

i'm usually not a big fan of drama/tragedy but this one really got to me.
I hope it get's picked up, i'd love to read the ending, be it happy or not!

Tumblr_mkee7cn4nf1rzxcqmo1_500
joined Apr 18, 2013

I remember reading this series a while back and reading just now i fell in love again. I'm thinking that the girl ends up dieing. I hope someone picks this series back up, im betting a lot of us would love to read the ending.

Tumblr_mkee7cn4nf1rzxcqmo1_500
joined Apr 18, 2013

Idk i might be odd but i love tragic stories like these. i can connect with the characters quite a bit on an emotional level.

joined Nov 11, 2010

I definitely liked the characterization in this one as well. Might reread it now that it's up on the reader, but dunno if I want to put myself through the suspense if it will never be continued.

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

This story is depressing as hell but captivating at the same time. I can't stop reading...

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I just started reading this series the other day and it was so good I couldn't stop... It's too sad...
The fleshing out of the relationships (especially between Nagisa and Mokuzu!) is really good too. Even if there's no yuri in it, a girl can still dream, right?
By the way, I got my hands on some raws, so I can provide summaries or translations if anybody wants them. It'd be nice to read in English even if I've already finished the Japanese...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^I don't think anyone's going to stop you from doing so, but if you choose to, just use spoilers tags, please. As such.

It's also worth mentioning that the next chapter has been translated on Yuri Project and is awaiting an editor.

joined May 22, 2013

It's also worth mentioning that the next chapter has been translated on Yuri Project and is awaiting an editor.

really? i'll edit it ..maybe...do i need to know japanese?...hmmm...what does an editor do on a translated chapter...whatever it is ... i could do it...probably... ...hmmm... .....

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

really? i'll edit it ..maybe...do i need to know japanese?...hmmm...what does an editor do on a translated chapter...whatever it is ... i could do it...probably... ...hmmm... .....

Huh? How about editing the pages? As in "delete original Japanese text, replace with English version". And don't forget the cleanup and all. I'm no editor, but usually it seems to be more than a simple one-evening task.

And about the manga:
One of my favs! It's properly released here in Germany, so I have read the whole thing, too.
Just as a warning: Those several "a"s in the tag are really meant to be taken seriously. I wouldn't recommend reading it when you're already feeling down. It is a great story, though.

joined May 22, 2013

Huh? How about editing the pages? As in "delete original Japanese text, replace with English version". And don't forget the cleanup and all. I'm no editor, but usually it seems to be more than a simple one-evening task.

yeah i could definitely do that shit no probs...probably...but i'm lazy so if someone wants to get me the chapter raws and translation first i'll do the rest...probably...or a link or something....yuri project is like the worst site to navigate ever....at least it seems that way...to me.......

...oh...i should say i've also enjoyed the series...when it was being released ....ages ago that was...

.....the only reason i'm willing to put in a shift on this is cos i feel i owe it to the community...that i've been leeching off for some time now.....anyways....>.>

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

YP thread list is here http://wiki.yuriproject.net/wiki:threads Find the thread you want by either scrolling through ("Need Editor" section) or using ctrl + f.

Image editing software - preferably Photoshop, but GIMP can work if you know the program (or you can use multiple programs if you want) - is the only requirement for editing.

Of course, knowledge helps too. That's what tutorials are for (unless you get someone with enough free time to really teach you stuff). Stuff I recommend:

http://wiki.yuriproject.net/editing_tutorial
http://www.littlewhitebutterflies.net/basic-editing-part-1-photoshop-saving-rotating-cropping/ (NSFW)
http://www.littlewhitebutterflies.net/basic-editing-part-1-basic-leveling/ (NSFW)
http://dynasty-recruit.pbworks.com/w/page/23986644/Dynasty-Scans%27%20Tutorial

Alternatively if you just want to see what an editor actually does to the pages...stop by YP or voile, look at the raw, then look at the edit.

Editing isn't usually horribly difficult, it just takes time. Not spoiler:
I'm posting this in the hopes that it piques someone's interest. I loathe unfinished series with a fiery passion.

last edited at Sep 24, 2013 6:47PM

joined May 22, 2013

wow...good links....i'll have a go..... what do i do with them once i'm finished....?

oh and what size approx should each jpeg be...is jpeg file ok?...

last edited at Sep 24, 2013 8:17PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Make sure you save everything as a .psd file while working. Don't get rid of your .psd's till the chapter has been released (i.e. you see it here or on YP's home page). When you're finished, use the settings described in step 6 of YP's editing tutorial to save them. Then upload it to mediafire or some other file-sharing site, post the link in the thread and get ready for someone to come along and tell you what you did wrong (these devious folks are often credited under "QC").

Also...just to save someone in the future a bit of trouble, be sure to do everything with layers. Leveling needs its own layer, for instance. Lastly, triple read the guidelines to make sure your release is proper. http://wiki.yuriproject.net/guidelines

joined May 22, 2013

ok...is that this thread i post the link or the YP thread?...also i better be the only person editing this...if someone comes along and makes my effort meaningless i'll be .....well ...a little bit pissed...i should be ready for some QC by morning....will i need lube for that?

joined May 22, 2013

hah i totally triumphed by morning!!! haha ...i rule...ummm i think... i might not though...i don't think i messed up anything big...but maybe i did... .....fuck it...woteva.....>.>

last edited at Sep 25, 2013 5:12AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.