Forum › Kemono Friends 8-bit Videos

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still better animated than the original.

Also American Beaver x Prairie Dog OTP

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Still better animated than the original.

Also American Beaver x Prairie Dog OTP

The animation has a certain charm to it, I have grown to like it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's really weird for me, since I actually studied animation at college for a few years. They make a lot of really, really basic mistakes, mostly stemming from what seems to be assuming the software can do all your in-betweening without making adjustments, which is where the weird mechanical movements come from. They don't seem to know about stuff like anticipation, slow in/out, follow-through or secondary action, which leads me to believe they don't have any experienced animators on the team.

On the other hand, they don't make some other mistakes like feet sliding on the ground (the Aria anime was bad for that), the character designs and key frames are actually pretty good, and the writing and voices save the whole thing. I imagine what with this season's apparently huge success, there'll be a second that has better production quality.

And anyone else notice that many of the Friends have four ears?

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 12:34PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One thing I do appreciate is that they don't over-use establishing shots to save on the animation budget like a lot of anime does. I'd rather see the characters than spend five minutes looking at random streams or nameplates or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.