Forum › I am disabled so I want to read some yuri about people with disablities

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Please,What are some manga that have disabled people as protagonists?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is the anime .hack//SIGN, although the character's disability plays no role in the story, and iirc, isn't even revealed until the final episode.

Edit: There is a one shot on this site (which I unfortunately can't remember the name or author of) that features a blind girl.

There's also this one (lolicon).

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 2:50AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru works if you are fine with "undertones".

Dark Forest, White Road, one of the girls is blind.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 2:54AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Water depth.

Edit : Wondered if I should recommend the following, but since it involves disability, I'm leaving it here. Read it at your own risk.

Amputee tag.
Amnesia tag.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 7:26PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Has a tag now.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I can think of a couple Visual novels that feature one or more major characters with disabilities, but they're both strictly het.

First is the always fantastic and highly regarded Katawa Shoujo in which all the love interests (and nearly every other character, actually) have a disability of some sort. It's free, lengthy, and astonishingly high quality considering what its background is. (Definitely take a moment to read about the devs' story if you're interested.) Katawa Shoujo was one of my first VN's and remains one of my very favorites to this day.

Second is If My Heart had Wings, which is on steam for I think $40, though price may have dropped since launch. There is one love interest (out of 4 or so?) with a disability that is a significant part of her character. This one's a long read, probably 20-30 hours depending on read speed. There's a fan re-translation and content restoration patch, though it's been a long time so I don't think I'd be any help finding or installing it. Check the community hub for it on steam and there might be a topic or guide on it.

Again these are both 100% het, so if that's something you absolutely can't stand that they simply won't be worth playing for you. If you're ok with it though, Katawa Shoujo is one of my #1 VN recommendations.

edit: oops. The OP is from nearly a year ago. Well... uh, if anyone else wants recommendations on not-yuri VN's... there it is. >.>

last edited at Feb 21, 2018 10:56PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I can think of a couple Visual novels that feature one or more major characters with disabilities, but they're both strictly het.

I know the thread is old, but...
A yuri VN would be Flowers. She's even the protagonist in the second one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.