Forum › Favorite Manga

joined Sep 2, 2015

Was idly wasting my time before my test when I remembered the manga Citrus that I hadn't caught up on in so long, which made me curious; what are some of your guys favorite manga's that you/everybody else forgot about.

This is probably a repeat forum but Im on my phone and to lazy to look.

:)

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Tie between Poor Poor Lips and Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, will reread one of those every couple of weeks in a single sitting. You don't really see either of them pop up as a recommendation unless someone is looking for something specific.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Doesn't particularly specify yuri manga, so I would say Negima since that's one of the oldest and longest stuff I read until the end without it leaving a bad taste in my mouth afterwards. Ending was incredibly iffy, but it's alright since we get a not-really-ambiguous marriage between the two female characters who were obviously in love from the start. Speaking of which, this is the year (2017) that they get married.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

One of my absolute favourites is Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san, as it manages to be funny, cute, lewd, and touching all at the same time (though it should be noted that there is also a considerable amount of drama, as the story goes on).

Although many people seem to think poorly of it, another long time favourite of mine is Hayate x Blade, which, while light on the yuri, is very funny and has an amazing character roster.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really have a hard time answering questions like this, since there are so many manga I love, and it's hard to really say which one is "best", whatever that really means. I mean I've read Hanjuku Joshi and Girl Friends and Pure Water Adolescence and even Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou so many times that even the digital files have bent spines, and that doesn't even cover all the stories I absolutely love. And most of them are so different, and I love them for different reasons, that it becomes a really confounding task.

Sorry I can't give you a good answer there.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If we're going purely for ones that people tend to overlook then I'd have to go with Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-blossom Pink by Morinaga Milk. Tends to understandably get overshadowed by Girl Friends but it's still one of my favorites. Outside of those I'd have to go with Chatting At the Amber Teahouse or Pure Water Adolescence though.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Monster

Shoujo Sect

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

If it's yuri: Sasameki Koto
Otherwise: Claymore

Although Claymore has lots of yuri subtext.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 2:43PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

I want to answer something yuri like Girlfriends which unoriginally enough was my big revelation but the truth is there are just too many I love and they're all short enough to be (re-re-re...)-read in a few hours at the most. So mostly I read through them voraciously.
If I'm being completely honnest I would have to say Nana to Kaoru. Exploration of the depths of the human soul, of the dark hidden needs and desires, of what (quite literally) binds people together. It's about sm but it's about so much more that (or rather sm is about so much more than sex). Really makes you think. Unfortunately since then I've been searching for sm fiction, and while you can sometimes find something that doesn't include rape 99% of it is still too extreme for my taste (seriously japan, what's with the rape fetish, not to mention the fact that the girls getting into in a few pages makes it worst in a way). The sex being consensual isn't enough and 50 shades of grey ain't gonna cut it :p. The only thing I've found with love, trust, mutual lust and enthusiasm that doesn't turn out completely ridiculous is this yuritastic gem

Sorry went off on a tangeant there but yeah, Nana to Kaoru is good stuff (and there's yuri at one point, almost)

hello there person, you should read sunstone, its a webcomic and very relevant to your interest. Got that rec on one of the topics here at dynasty, blew my mind with just how good it was. Also, the entire series is about the evolving relationship between the two women who are heading the cast, and they have really well written personalities.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 3:50PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

hello there person, you should read sunstone, its a webcomic and very relevant to your interest. Got that rec on one of the topics here at dynasty, blew my mind with just how good it was. Also, the entire series is about the evolving relationship between the two women who are heading the cast, and they have really well written personalities.

Thank you! I read the first volume way back when and totally forgot it even existed. While the western style is not that appealing to me it was a great read (and well, I can't deny it's beautiful, for western art :p). I see it has 5 volumes now. Sweet.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I don't read many mangas outside of yuri all things considered, most of the stuff i read is what my father buys from time to time, so from that small circle Vagabond's the one i've been hooked up the most, too bad it went through some serious development hell

As for Yuri... Wait let me just check my lisNOTES FROM THE GARDEN OF LILIES i gueeeesssss...? Really tempted to say Kase-san but i ain't givin' no final judgment until it's done
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san also sticks on my mind a lot

If we're also counting oneshots, then Graffiti and Blank are pretty up there

To reply you must either login or sign up.