Forum › Nanairo Kakumei, can this manga be categorized as yuri/shoujo ai?

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

Anyone here reading Nanairo Kakumei? Well, it's a shoujo manga so I kinda doubt anyone here is. But my point here is, I really wonder if this manga can be tagged as yuri or not. The story is about 2 girls, Nana and Yuyu who has been good friends since they are little child. At first, it looks like a bullying manga, but the truth is Yuyu actually doesn't want Nana has any other friend but her. So, Yuyu "socially" kills Nana, so that Nana doesn't have anyone but her. Yuyu herself only needs Nana, as she said in below.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1LIO1nUoAAvpCI.jpg:large (found it at someone's twitter)

It's clear that Yuyu loves Nana, but the mangaka doesn't make it clear in what way. Personally, I think it's a yuri and I want to tag it as shoujo ai in MangaUpdate and batoto. So, how do you think?

joined Feb 15, 2013

Are the two the main characters of the manga? If yes, then I will say yes. Add yandere tag in too.

If it's just a side plot, then no

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

Well, it's clear that Nana is the more main character, while Yuyu... She is complex...

It can be more said that the Nana's character growth is the main story, but the problem maker that making her grow is always Yuyu.

last edited at Jan 8, 2017 2:32PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, it's clear that Nana is the more main character, while Yuyu... She is complex...

It can be more said that the Nana's character growth is the main story, but the problem maker that making her grow is always Yuyu.

It still depends on how big non-Yuyu-related portion are.

As heroine of a non-yuri manga still can be heavily affected by a lesbian yandere

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I just read a few reviews, and it seems that the main character has a male love interest. Of course, I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't really know, but I wouldn't classify it as yuri if that's the case.

To reply you must either login or sign up.