Forum › Graduation Day discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

I was ready to say "Not yuri" but there's no Yuri tag so we are good.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

I too have a bun flavor that I like.... "Angst bun" ;A;

__irizaki_mei_and_tateishi_shima_high_school_fleet_drawn_by_tsuyuki_yukitgraph__20146f3ad1ae9743a6b68c04e04af16f%20small
joined Jun 28, 2014

The credits page is really painful :(

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

I still really don't get the 'Graduation might as well means the other person died' in Japan.
At my graduation, I was like 'Well... tomorrow at your place as usual?' and next to nothing changed.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, relationships to a lot of people change after a watershed moment like graduation. And it's a gradual change. Although I don't think it happened to the most important relationships now, it might have felt different at that time.

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 2:47PM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

See? This is what happens when yuri doesn't happen. It's a cold, bleak, yuri-less world.

Do the right thing.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

2 thoughts.
Why not go out with each other instead, at the double dates part, and what of your kids are all girls/same gender too

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 3:14PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I still really don't get the 'Graduation might as well means the other person died' in Japan.
At my graduation, I was like 'Well... tomorrow at your place as usual?' and next to nothing changed.

It is the general view onto the school life on manga. It is basically the best time in your life, after you are just a slave to a company or a submissive housewife.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I lost contact with literally everyone I went to high school with, within two years of graduation. I can't even find my closer friends on Facebook.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I lost contact with literally everyone I went to high school with, within two years of graduation. I can't even find my closer friends on Facebook.

Did you get depressed because of that?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Poor girls! TwT

joined Apr 15, 2013

Well, a lot of friendships are relationships of convenience. You are friends because you share some qualities or interests and happened to be in the same place at the same time. If the only real connection is based on proximity, then it shouldn't be surprising that the relationship falls apart when you lose that connection. Presumably these two are going to different schools after graduation. Kids can change quite a bit in a short period of time, so keeping friendships with people you don't see every day can be challenging.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did you get depressed because of that?

I had a lot of other stuff happening around that time, which helped via sheer distraction. I still think about that from time to time though.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

From the way their talking, it sounds like the dark haired one might be moving away after graduation.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Tbh... i understand this scenario completely. Once I changed highschools (still in hs) I tried to at least keep a minimal connection with them. Of course it ultimately faded away and yes, i've met new people and whatnot. TBH sometimes I put it on myself that the communication failed, but then I realized, I can't be the only one fighting to at least hold it up. So yea... every now and then i'll be like "yo", "how you doing" or whatever that cliche intro you do when you haven't talked to people in a long time.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

geez. is this, like, what usually happens?

i guess i should consider myself lucky that i still regularly hang out with my friends from middle school.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I think the better way of connecting your families is to MARRY EACH OTHER, DANG IT! I saw a Yuri tag for some reason and I was waiting for the yuri, but then I looked up and realized "Wait, no yuri tag... darn it." Yeah, it was a decent story though, Akuta Fumie's art is always pretty.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Well, a lot of friendships are relationships of convenience. You are friends because you share some qualities or interests and happened to be in the same place at the same time. If the only real connection is based on proximity, then it shouldn't be surprising that the relationship falls apart when you lose that connection.

Definitely- I agree

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I actually think this is yuri, such close relationship... We have a sad ending but there's love, they're just giving up because of reasons TwT

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

See? This is what happens when yuri doesn't happen. It's a cold, bleak, yuri-less world.

Do the right thing.

This.

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Wow what a bummer

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Do the right thing.

Oh yeah. A world without yuri is not a good world.

So%20kute
joined Sep 26, 2015

Tbh I felt nothing since I knew it was coming

It's killed me when they said they were going to go on double dates with boyfriends though since I shipped it so hard ;c

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I think it really depends, I went to a prep school for high school with a lot of rich kids, and most everyone went all over the US for college, I went to Pennsylvania, my best friend went to Wisconsin, etc. But not everyone has that situation happen.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

The title made it easy to guess what's up so I was waiting for some creepy plot twist but I guess there was none.

To reply you must either login or sign up.