Forum › Quick Start!! discussion

joined Jul 22, 2016

Wish I played TRPGs.
Wow, quite a lot of text in those textboxes.
Very cute though.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Drop?! What do they mean 'Dropped'???

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Scanlators dropped it, and is no longer being worked by them. Maybe someone else will pick it up, but it's not being worked on atm as far as we know.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

I play Trpgs, go to rpg.net.

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

Ok so guys since this is about TRPG imma share a story,

So I'm a female drow(a dark elf, cuz elf master race ) we were in a evil campaign. Basicly me and my team went on this mission for the king dude cuz talking over the world is fun.

So we came back to the castle and some high ranking drow leaders were talking to the king dude about teaming up to take over the world. So as an assurance they want to marry into his family( or something like that) so they want one of his daughters(macey) to marry their kid .

The problem with that is my character and Macey were kinda sorta dating. She also a dragon lady, like an actual dragon with cool hair.

So the king sees my gang and as we enter the throne room and we witness the above scene with the drow leaders. He looks at me in the eyes and asks
"So what do you think"
And I'm like "oh shit ,but they cant she's my dragon lady"
And I look at Macey (I don't really remember her response it was a while ago)
And out of no where I shout "NO SHE'S MINE"
and the king laughs and goes "well there you have it"
(After that I had to roll an intimidation check but I failed but she didn't get married off cuz...)
After the drow leaders got shoed off by the king some of my teammates was like "did you know what you did "
I'm like "what?"
"YOU JUST PROPOSED!!!!"
In my mind I'm like "what"
Then the whole scene flashes in my head
I go " I just accidentally proposed to someone"

TLDR I accidentally proposed to a dragon lady

joined Jul 21, 2013

^ also excluded all the times my character gets flustered cuz oh boy does that dark elf blush (mostly me)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Eh, the scanlation is dropped just as sensei is about to play ? She's definitively cursed. XD

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Oh my god, look at those dorks! I love it!
And man i would realy like to try some of those modules and settings, i only DM basic D&D with custon settings those days...

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

How many of these games have been translated? Tokyo nova looks like a lot of fun. I might have to go see what they do on /tg/...

And man i would realy like to try some of those modules and settings, i only DM basic D&D with custon settings those days...

Any tips for a new DM running 5e? I'll be starting something soon. I've played a lot of 3rd and pathfinder with a little 5e but no real experience running anything.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 10:39AM

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Oh man, too bad Kobolds Ate My Baby! wasn't translated to Japanese, that could've been hilarious.

joined Jul 21, 2013

How many of these games have been translated? Tokyo nova looks like a lot of fun. I might have to go see what they do on /tg/...

Any tips for a new DM running 5e? I'll be starting something soon. I've played a lot of 3rd and pathfinder with a little 5e but no real experience running anything.

There's a great series on YouTube with Matthew mercer I recommend those

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Hm, i will try my best with the limited english i have.
For start dont fear improvisation, players will try to steal pies, start fights and charm barmaidens, try to make those little encouters mean something and be fun, have fun with then too, who knows where things can go after all? Fun is the name of the game. If the player has a cool idea and there is no rule for the roll just make a simple one, try to reward good role play.

In terms of rules, 5e is pretty simple, the advantage/disvantage systen is a great little card that can be used to make all kinds of cool moments. In my experience be carefull on encounters with too many monsters, you can lose track of them and the players tend to have more trouble on battles with many weak enemies than a big powerfull one, so yes they will have more trouble on 12 kobolds than against 6 orcs, most of the time in 5e.

It also helps to make the world around the players "alive", have npcs with agendas and plans that are doing things outside theyr view, it can be a dwarf that hates the mayor and will try to kill whim in X days , or a big battle that will happen in the frontier, think if the players will cross paths with those events or maybe they can discover those by themselves, by the exemple the fighter might stay wake late in the tavern and hear the hatefull speech of the dwarf about the mayor or the ranger find the tracks left by the army that is going to the frontier, things like that. The more you work on filling the world with events and npcs, less the players will fell like they are on "tracks", they will be just exploring the world.

But here i am babbling about rpgs again, its just a randon mess of things in broken english. Have fun, dont be afraid of players and rules (now you make the rules), but be fair and cruel. I mean, fair and just. Dont have pity on the players, they are smart enough to see your charades and master plans and dumb enough to go pulling randon levers on a death trap. Belive me: player see lever, player pulls lever. Its a rule of the world.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 5:11PM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Thanks! I'll take that to heart. I love making settings and npcs, so that should be a lot of fun. And I remember almost wiping against a ton of little guys in the strahd campaign, so I'll keep an eye on the monsters. And your written English is better than a lot of native speakers! Trust me on that one.

I'll check out that YouTube series too.

Scanlators dropped it, and is no longer being worked by them. Maybe someone else will pick it up, but it's not being worked on atm as far as we know.

It wouldn't be out of the question for /tg/ to pick it back up, depending on why they dropped it and if they have the raws.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 9:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.