Forum › Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon TV PV

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Very nice

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Animation looks really nice. Kinda confused why they keep Kobayashi-san's manga design but change Tooru's one.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Kinda confused why they keep Kobayashi-san's manga design but change Tooru's one.

To be fair, in the actual manga Tohru has a cute moe-face a good chunk of the time while Kobayashi is pretty stuck in Cool-Kyo deapan mode.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kal3d posted:

Animation looks really nice. Kinda confused why they keep Kobayashi-san's manga design but change Tooru's one.

Well she is supposed to look plain in comparison to Tooru

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 11:17AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

D-cup! Catchy tune. And I don't even like rap.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

To be fair, in the actual manga Tohru has a cute moe-face a good chunk of the time while Kobayashi is pretty stuck in Cool-Kyo deapan mode.

Well she is supposed to look plain in comparison to Tooru

Oh yeah i know that, but what i was trying to say is that Tooru looks like your average cute KyoAni moe girl, while Kobayashi looks like a character from a different series altogether. I would've preferred if they kept Tooru's art style from the manga, but thats just my personal taste.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Wasn't a fan of the manga, but this trailer seems fun and the song definitely suits it. I'll follow the anime.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Could just be me, but judging from the character art on the site, it looks like they might have tuned down some of the KyoAni-isms on Tohru's design from the original key visual. That one definitely looked in-line with the KyoAni look while this seems to be more keeping in with Cool's style. Power of feedback I suppose?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh yes, ive been waiting for this <3 I like Kobayashi's voice and panicked rap, haha Tohru's human transformation sounded like a pokemon being released/captured
I personally prefer Kyoani's design/style over Cool's tbh, so im fine with it all

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 2:58PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kobayashi's "well, whatever" face reminded me of Saitama XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.