Forum › Rendezvous discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Afterword was interesting.
. . . She thought this was shounen?!

last edited at Dec 6, 2016 5:01PM

joined Dec 18, 2014

OK.. not sure what to think of this one...

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Yeah, that part also really confused me too, haha. I don't know why she thought it was shounen.
That aside, this was a pretty neat anthology of this author's work. They confuse me, and sometimes scare me (I had to recover after reading the eyeball licking by reading a bunch of moe stuff) but I keep coming back to their work. Thanks for all your hard work, scanlators!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

That's... messed up.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

What a great anthology. Hope to see more of the artist in the future.

%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

What the fuu...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh please, it was clear from the very first chapter that she is a special blend of crazy. :D

joined Sep 9, 2016

That got really dark, really quickly.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

one dark twist after the other. wtf is this author?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

joined Mar 3, 2016

Please put Depressing as **** tag

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Maybe, just maybe this author should go and get professional help? Seems like something is really messed up in their brain...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Pretty sure this is the most uplifting story in the entire collection.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Not really. Messed up relationships aren't exactly uncommon at all lately.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Pretty sure this is the most uplifting story in the entire collection.

Hey, at least they both get what they want and end up together forever. Heartwarming honestly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It kind of makes sense, actually. Look at how many authors separate "yuri" from "lesbian", there seems to be an assumption that "yuri" doesn't only imply girl-girl romance, but something really idealized. If she saw her work as something more akin to Dowman Sayman's, which goes to unusual, serious, and often messy places with a hint of a science fiction riff to it, then I could see how she'd misclassify.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

.......how much weed Japanese smoke to come up with such shit?

joined Jul 22, 2016

Shimazaki-sensei...
I'm really wondering how these doujin would fit into shonen.

On the other hand, this was the most normal one of them all. Wow, it was kind of sweet even.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This shit is my jam. It's all weird as fuck but it almost always has something resembling a happy ending even if it's not really happy by normal standards.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have to giggle at all the people who find this SO MIND-BENDINGLY WEIRD, since it really wouldn't be out of place in most modern SFF magazines. Here, have this year's Nebula Award winner as an example. It's even got yuri in it!

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I have to giggle at all the people who find this SO MIND-BENDINGLY WEIRD, since it really wouldn't be out of place in most modern SFF magazines. Here, have this year's Nebula Award winner as an example. It's even got yuri in it!

weird shit doesn't get better because it wins a price. shit stays shit. And to be honest: most times something in art or literature wins a price only the jury knows why.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

weird shit doesn't get better because it wins a price. shit stays shit. And to be honest: most times something in art or literature wins a price only the jury knows why.

What an odd comment. In any case, you are aware the Nebulas aren't selected by a jury, right?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

100% Agree with Morgan. Most of the million dollars painting are nothing but paints stupidly thorwn over each in disgusting way.

last edited at Dec 6, 2016 7:08PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

lol you two

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Most of the million dollars painting are nothing but paints stupidly thorwn over each in disgusting way.

One of those "avatar makes it that much more ironic" kinda posts.

To reply you must either login or sign up.