Forum › Overwatch Has LGBT Characters and Blizzard Will Reveal Them Soon

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

slowpoke.gif (pretend i posted a gif here)

Hope it's Bastion.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 11:40PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I hope it's everyone. Just outright say everyone's different shades of gay.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I want it to be Toblerone.

I mean seriously, save for the hand and the height (and sometimes not even the height), you'll see five of that guy in every Pride parade.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That said, they've been teasing a gay character (at least one, although recently they've been saying multiple) since the game came out. This really isn't anything new.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Please let it be Winston ;)

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I don't care about LGT. I'm fine with them.

But keep those B out of sight

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 2:41AM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Stop with this please. 1 day ban for now.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 2:42AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

Thank you, my day is complete.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

If Pharmercy becomes canon, my life may just be complete.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Unless it's Pharmercy I dont care and for fucks sake if it's Zarya I am 500 levels of done.
(I dont have anything wrong with it in a bubble but the buff pink haired one being the lesbian would be the MOST overdone)

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 5:33AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Yeah, I think Zarya would be so stereotypical, but I think it's definitely more than one. Honestly Sombra would be a good guess imo, or Pharah(Pharmercy). Or hell, even Ana, they're making such a mystery out of Phara's father, it might just surprise us.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Or hell, even Ana, they're making such a mystery out of Phara's father, it might just surprise us.

Oh wow, I did not even remotely consider that one. That'd definitely be a surprise for most.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Stop with this please. 1 day ban for now.

+1

Any more trolling and it's 30 days, keep that in mind.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As to guesses, I doubt they'll make it D.Va to be honest. Nor Soldier or Reaper even though that would be delicious. Even Symmetra is doubtful in my mind. Much as I love the idea, I don't think it'll be Mei either.

Tracer's a big maybe, I could see them making her bi/pan. Same for Lucio.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm just gonna quote myself from the previous thread

Now they will make it canon http://jstationx.com/2016/11/07/overwatch-lgbt-character-reveal-blizzard/#nnn I'm happy about the recognition but this goes against why I believe, the liberty to chose when it comes to fan shipping, who says Tracer isn't lesbian? who states that Lucio is straight? if you introduce a canon gay character and then mention that some of the character are already lgbt

“We definitely haven’t forgotten about what we said. Like we said, it’s very important for us to have diversity and inclusiveness of all types and that includes LGBT characters. There are definitely LGBT heroes – that’s multiple heroes – it’s a decision that we make when we’re developing these characters early on".

If they dare to make a character profile saying "Sexual orientation: _______" then that would officially make some of the pairings impossible and I'm against that... But I'm not against introducing a new character, I would like a trap tho

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^Yeah, I guess a way to preserve the fan ships would be to reveal a particular character/s to be LGBT, but still keep the others' sexual orientation unknown. At the very least, maybe keep Pharah and Mercy unknown; that's one ship I want to live.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

If Pharmercy gets shot down, I will be sad because I got bored of Overwatch and the shipping is all that keeps me invested in it.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

If Pharmercy gets shot down, I will be sad because I got bored of Overwatch and the shipping is all that keeps me invested in it.

I am literally in the same situation.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I had absolutely no interest in the game until pairings started appearing here on Dynasty and up until now I have yet to even download it, let alone play it, lol. It's the only part of it that interests me about the game in the least bit.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Inbefore they make McHanzo canon and everyone here gets disappointed.

Anyways, honestly really glad that Blizz took their time even though people have been pushing for them to say who it is for moths now. Personally, I would have been fine if they just kept everyone ambigious but if it leads to another awesome short, then I'm definitely happy about that.

Bastion x Torb Turret OTP, by the way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.