Forum › Once on a windswept night

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ebi-hime delivers again with another brilliant VN! I don't want to spoil anything, but I love this kind of story with gameplay mechanics reminiscent of one of my favorite RPGs, a game that has still stuck with me to this day even though I haven't touched it in months... anyhow, if I have one fault with it, it's that the choices are a bit arbitrary. I suppose that's the problem with choices in VNs: make them too obvious and they're too game-y, make them too obscure and they're too annoying. It's probably more just that I suck at making choices in VNs though. Most of them weren't all that important, but there was toward the end that really tugged at the heartstrings if you screw up... (like I did...) If you need help getting to the end, I'll post how I think you get to it in the following spoiler tags.

So, the first order of business is talking to both of the girls and getting their life stories. Madeleine is probably gonna be the only choice you have at first, so talk to her and either ask her about the tree or ask her to tell you a bedtime story. Restart from the beginning, say "You should be more careful" when Daffodil and Madeleine ask you that question and say Daffodil's food is good. You should get the option to stay with Daffodil. Don't lie to her and don't say she looks cute, and then she'll tell you her life story. Restart, choose to investigate the tree (very important step that I missed so many times...), choose the "Both" option when given the option to stay with Daffodil or Madeleine, and then you should be set from there... I believe. There's one particular choice toward the end that either makes or breaks your run, but... I don't want to spoil that for you since it's actually a significant choice...

last edited at Nov 2, 2016 1:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.