Forum › Wife and Wife discussion

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

I like all this. Kanana such a funny player. shirayuki protecting what belongs to her. "patience is a virtue"

Ro-3c732
joined Sep 21, 2013

Afraid of what others might think? lady your pretty much living in an osaka gay district as there hasn't been a single straight girl in the story so far.

Let's not forget Ms。Realtor and Emi-sensei, now。 Plus anyone outside the main cast;just because they're not illustrated doesn't mean they don't exist。 Well,usually。

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I love this, even with the cheesy-as-hell dialogue, WANT MORE!

Waiting

last edited at Nov 15, 2013 8:37PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

YAAAY MORE!

joined Feb 2, 2013

This series needs the science baby tag!!!!

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, even though my eyes hurt when I read the spoilers, it was alright I guess?

And yay for updates~

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Re: Chapters 13-15

This series just keeps getting BETTER! And not just a little better. a lot better. How is that even possible when it was amazing to start with? The Kogumi/Hayase kiss (on-screen, no less!) in chapter 13, the cuddling and emotion in 14, and to top it off, Kana seriously falling in love in 15, my poor heart can't take it!

Totally worth the wait, and then some.

Oh, and mental note. Never, ever, EVER mess with Hayase's girlfriend. It ain't healthy.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That Hayase yandere moment... didn't expect to see that.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

if chapters 14-18 are coming out, then does that mean the series is coming to an end?

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Yes. Chapter 18 is the last one.

joined Aug 6, 2013

Yes. Chapter 18 is the last one.

OMG....no... o(╥﹏╥)o

joined Oct 8, 2011

I agree! T.T
I really like this manga! Nay, I love it! Thank you both Dynasty- and Payapaya Scans!

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/wife_and_wife_ch14#2
hahahhahah so much cuteness X"D
but ending with chapter 18 ? T_______T

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

My god, so much fluff and sweetness, I think I'm gonna get caries after having read those 3 new chappies. So awesome!

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

That Hayase yandere moment... didn't expect to see that.

Didn't expect it but I loved it, her eyes freakin' opened XDDDD

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Ahhh, my tooth...this is just too sweeeeeeet.
Glad this isn't just "slice of life", but actually has some sort of plot.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ahhh, my tooth...this is just too sweeeeeeet.
Glad this isn't just "slice of life", but actually has some sort of plot.

Plot: Cuteness

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

"Punchline?"
Nice one.

last edited at Dec 5, 2013 4:31PM

Hero
joined Mar 16, 2013

it's gonna ending soon.. just 2 volumes.. so sad :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Come to think of it, this is sort of a rarity in yuri manga, isn't it? The story of a pair of characters (and the various relationships around them) who are in love and the actual story is about them falling more deeply in love and having their shared experiences. There aren't very many I can think of like that, really. The second volume of Hanjuku Joshi, maybe, or Love My Life, but there aren't too many others.

I do think there's a bit more of that in doujins, but even there the focus is really about the girls getting together in the first place.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Kanana is so insensitive lol. All good things must come to an end ,unfortunately it ends so quickly

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kanana is so insensitive lol. All good things must come to an end ,unfortunately it ends so quickly

It's sad that yuri tends to end SO quickly though. We don't get the 10-15 volume epics that het mangas do (and among het that's not even considered all that epic) other than rarities like Marmite. Heck, I'm happy just to see two volumes worth out of a good yuri, like Hanjuku Joshi, Gokujo Drops or Fragments of Love.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Come to think of it, this is sort of a rarity in yuri manga, isn't it? The story of a pair of characters (and the various relationships around them) who are in love and the actual story is about them falling more deeply in love and having their shared experiences. There aren't very many I can think of like that, really. The second volume of Hanjuku Joshi, maybe, or Love My Life, but there aren't too many others.

I do think there's a bit more of that in doujins, but even there the focus is really about the girls getting together in the first place.

I desperately seek this sort of manga... Non-one-shots with an early "couple-ing" (not a word) or an "already a couple" setting that last throughout, about just them falling more and more in love and/or at least dwelling within a peaceful slice of life approach. With none of the overused (that already infuriate to me) clichéd complications (like love triangles, they are EVERYWHERE... Which is the only thing I dislike about this manga).

On my list I think I only have:
Hanjuku Joshi
Angelic Girl
20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden
^ those 3 by Morishima ♥.

Sweet Little Devil
Husky and Medley
Shoujo Holic ("couple-ing" (not a word) happens half way, guess thats close enough...)
Kimochi no Katachi (happens kinda half way?)

I don't feel satisfied with 99% of long-running mangas that are usually of the angsty stories that take many chapters to get to that single final chapter of "-- and they get together, the end" to which by the end I am mindnumbed out of waiting. "FUCK! GET TOGETHER ALREADY!" is all that goes through my head ignoring whatever the fuck is going on story-wise. Only like very few exceptions.

Well, this is coming from someone who - Don't wanna sound like an asshole but, w/e - considers most manga/anime drama and action stories as utter idiotic shit. I rarely find myself impressed by what I find here of the sort. Which is why I usually go for genre I feel work well...

Aaaaanyways, I love this kind of manga, and would love to have more these...

last edited at Dec 7, 2013 11:25AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Octave has quite some angst, but it's still about a couple getting closer.
Pretty long too, 6 volumes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You can add Love My Life to that as well, given the story starts when she's about to introduce her lover to her dad, and they only grow into each other from there. You can also add the Touhou doujin MariAli, since they get together about a third of the way in or so. Similarly, Santa Sangre, an excellent Nanoha doujin, starts with the two of them already in a relationship.

I totally share your frustration with stories that END with the girls getting together, especially in light of how much good storytelling can come after that point. I think in part it's due to the very short nature of yuri, most publishers don't seem to want to devote much space to developing stories. Stuff like Sweet Blue Flowers or Sasameki Koto, that take more than two volumes, are pretty rare, and one-shots are the norm. So there's not much space for the kind of character development we both want to see.

I don't mind romances that cover the early part of a romance, up to where it's a sure thing. But that's hardly ALL I want out of yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.