Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ none

Are you really trying to dissuade them? x)

… ◔̯◔ maybe...

Or maybe not! ~~・-v(▼、▼メ)

;)

I'm ok, I was a bit bored, but I finally started watching "Kobayashi-san [...]"... Also, got attracted to this book in the store called "The Cheese and teh Worms," it's pretty interesting. I didn't expect myself to be interested in history...

Don't know either of those...
but I had some days like these as well lately... when you're just like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4
(I also do pole dancing whenever I'm bored btw (¬‿¬) )

On another note, are you enjoying Orphan Black?

I did! ^^
Even finished watching it a while ago!
(And then I watched “The OA” - the new show Neko chan recommended)
Many thanks again! I liked it.
It started interesting but still took me about 3 episodes to really get into it. Then it was cool. Season two was a little weird sometimes but the second half of season three got a lot better again and, I know you said that you liked the earlier seasons better, but I enjoyed season 4 the most. Will definitely watch the last season starting in June...
Good show! (^_^)b

@ Utoptia

It's rare to see dpf posting on the cafe, too bad it's under such circumstances.

Something tells me that's just because Nez chan has given up on us... T_T

Zombies can't get old anyway.

Best part of being a zombie, I tell ya! ٩(♡ε♡ )

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Something tells me that's just because Nez chan has given up on us... T_T

Or because she regularly reads what goes on here but doesn't want to escalate things any further.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It started interesting but still took me about 3 episodes to really get into it. Then it was cool. Season two was a little weird sometimes but the second half of season three got a lot better again and, I know you said that you liked the earlier seasons better, but I enjoyed season 4 the most. Will definitely watch the last season starting in June...
Good show! (^_^)b

I was disappointed when they dropped the bioethics theme they seemed to be going for in season 1 (specially at the ending). Overall, it seemed to me like each season had a completely different staff and each went to completely different directions... But the characters and acting are great and kept me going. I'm still really looking forward the new season

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Nezchan

Or because she regularly reads what goes on here but doesn't want to escalate things any further.

Sorry it turned out like this... (Ç_ç)

@ none

I was disappointed when they dropped the bioethics theme they seemed to be going for in season 1

Well... it still showed here and there... Season 4 brought it up again when they killed the babies that... let's say... didn't turn out so well... but they never gave much weight to that aspect.
They generally focused mainly on the characters and not so much the backstory of that whole theme...

Overall, it seemed to me like each season had a completely different staff and each went to completely different directions... But the characters and acting are great and kept me going.

Didn't really check the directors and/or writers for every episode but it definitely is a show that lives through their actors... The great acting keeps people hooked even whenever the script seemed a bit lacking sometimes... The story itself was a little too shallow to really keep your attention throughout 4 seasons. But it was still a fun ride!

Do you know “How to get away with murder”?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Do you know “How to get away with murder”?

No... I understand it's another show with great acting?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Hey oliver, long time no see! What's up? Shame we have to meet under such circumstances looks at cafe's rundown walls

Well, "more light!" as Goethe said at his last moments (maybe..)

Anyways.

So I've managed to break glasses at my work worth more than half of my monthly pay. I feel salty. Really really salty. Well, working at only expensive shops is catching up to me =_=

Hi Galich. Yeah, it's been a long time. Hope you are doing fine. Oy, that glasses, they should have made it a little hard to break considering the fact that it costed half your salary. File a complaint! :D

@Utoptia

i was cornered by those users and THAT "mod".

Isn't this rude? Also, it seems Dynasty Cafe is going downhill heading to becoming the worst thread ever. Anon, maybe you should consider deleting the thread.

I think calling it the "worst thread ever" is going a bit too far.

I haven't called it "the worst thread ever" yet. But really?! Is there any thread worse than this one? How far do people there talk behind others' backs? How rude their comments are? O_O

@Anon

Anon, maybe you should consider deleting the thread.

… my BABY!!! Please, don't take my baby!!! щ(ºДºщ)

Take!

(ó.ò) Unless I am forced to by the staff here, I really don't intend to delete this thread... There are so many good memories lingering here... I'd find it extremely sad to see it disappear...

Sorry. It's not gonna happen, so no worry.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I haven't called it "the worst thread ever" yet. But really?! Is there any thread worse than this one? How far do people there talk behind others' backs? How rude their comments are? O_O

What is this "Talking behind people's backs" thing ya'll keep talking about? I didn't see any comments talking behind anyone's back. Are there secret page's to this thread that I am not aware of? Are you people hiding something from me?
Is there some sort of conspiracy going on?

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ none

No... I understand it's another show with great acting?

It is! Remarkably great acting!!!
I watch a lot of stuff for a lot of different reasons. But acting wise How to get away with murder is one of the best shows I've seen so far! Viola Davis regularly gives me the shivers with her performance. She's so amazingly intense. Many really good actors on that show. But she just blows me away. Outstanding skill. The story of that show gets pretty messy sometimes but she kept me not only hooked but practically got me addicted. She definitely needs more spotlight.
So... if you ever feel bored again... maybe you could give that show a try...? ;)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

@ Rohan

How about we both be nice to each other? Let's start with never to quote each other unless it's important.

Now that's not going to make anything better....
Just try to not take everything that is said personally and tone it down a bit.
I know you like posting here, and I like seeing you around, but acting like that will just result in another ban.
You said it yourself the last time we talked, that getting along with others for a change was cool... please just try to stick to that.

You are a nice gal/guy, Anon. And it's not your fault things are things like this.

But there are some people who can't just get along with each other no matter what. DrPepperfan is one of those people for me and I'm glad as long as he/she is not talking to me.

So ignoring each other is the best option here. And don't worry I am nice to others and doing my best to stay that way.

joined Aug 16, 2014

But really?! Is there any thread worse than this one? How far do people there talk behind others' backs? How rude their comments are? O_O

Try any thread with unusual ships. Even the ones that don't degenerate in petty ship wars are terrible.

So... if you ever feel bored again... maybe you could give that show a try...? ;)

Sounds good, I will. Thanks for the recommendation

joined Mar 21, 2017

But really?! Is there any thread worse than this one? How far do people there talk behind others' backs? How rude their comments are? O_O

Try any thread with unusual ships. Even the ones that don't degenerate in petty ship wars are terrible.

Or any thread with extremely strong opinions.

Egos gonna clash, mods gotta moderate.

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 5:31PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I see what you mean here. However, I believe it would be sad to delete these 278 pages of discussions, a few being one of the best I've ever had on a forum, just because of some shitposts.
And, quoting a recent post

Seriously, No truer words have been said. Thank you for creating this thread, This might sound reeeeealy lame but believe it or not, This thread got me through some though time's ;u;

Hearing this is really heartwarming, and it somehow makes me feel proud of the cafe. It would be a waste to delete it, don't you agree, Oliver ?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Hearing this is really heartwarming, and it somehow makes me feel proud of the cafe. It would be a waste to delete it, don't you agree, Oliver ?

I didn't know that I was able to warm your cold heart (づó▾ò)づ :P
That's a pretty big accomplishment for me~

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

I'm not sure if dragging this on is going to do any good but...

What is this "Talking behind people's backs" thing ya'll keep talking about?

… like being part of a conversation gone bad on another thread and then coming here to say how you don't like those people... just as an example.
As understandable as the need to vent sometimes might be... it's still not a nice thing to do.

I didn't know that I was able to warm your cold heart (づó▾ò)づ

A comment like that can melt even the coldest of hearts! (@_@)
So who wouldn't be touched...?

@ Rohan

You are a nice gal/guy, Anon. And it's not your fault things are things like this.

I'm a little girl! ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzOOQfhPFg
;)

But there are some people who can't just get along with each other no matter what. DrPepperfan is one of those people for me and I'm glad as long as he/she is not talking to me.
So ignoring each other is the best option here. And don't worry I am nice to others and doing my best to stay that way.

Hmmm... well... it is understandable to not be able to get along with everyone. It's the same for most.
But you just seem to have a knack for quarreling with the wrong people...
Like Utoptia said, you can be the nicest guy when you get along with someone.
But Nezchan and drpepperfan are essential to this site... Basically they are this site...
So please let me phrase it quite drastically for a minute just to show you how it looks sometimes:
complaining about them on here feels like going to someone else's house and getting upset about their ways... You just can't poop on your neighbors lawn and expect them to treat you kindly... (Although, now that I think about it... my dog did that quite often over time...(;^ω^))
That's just not something that will end well... (unless you're a cute little doggie, that is)
Their site, their rules...
I'm running out of bad analogies now (^∇^)
So just listen to Utoptia, as he said, sometimes it's best to not say some things out loud.
We don't wanna become the outcast gang here ;)

@ none

Sounds good, I will. Thanks for the recommendation

Please let me know if you like it in case you do! ^^

I already ran out of good shows to watch again... Need more...

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

:stumbles into thread:

So, I've watched 2 recent anime series that essentially are different sides of the same coin (when you get down to it): Prison School Season 1 and now Scum's Wish (which is still on its 1st Season run). I never thought I would like either of these shows based on what they were purported to be about. Most modern anime I find to be pedantic, boring, repetitive and and way too cute for my tastes. Gimme "blood-n-guts" sci-fi/mecha action (like Yamato 2199 did) that scratches that sweet spot and I'm good!

Prison School is a gross-out comedy (in a WTF am I watching way) about 5 perverted High School schlubs who get a royal beat down by psychotic "1984 Anti-Sex League"-style school girls at what used to be an All-Female boarding high school. It deals with sex (and how gross it can be when you think about it objectively) and the drive to have sex (which we've all been programmed for via our biology).

Scum's Wish is about a cast of characters revolving around a high school boy and girl all experiencing the highs/lows of what it means to love, be in love (specifically unrequited love for their first crushes) and the consequences (or lack thereof) in sex. Its both bittersweet and heart-warming in what seems to be nearly equal amounts. Its also imminently relatable for just about everyone who ever was a teenager and/or had a emotional/physical relationship with another human being that wasn't family.

What's funnier still (at least to me) is that both of these series would probably have been hentai in the past because they both mine the same sort of vein. Both Prison School and Scum's Wish manage to get right to that edge that of what can be shown: there is no real nudity, let alone sexual imagery like in a hentai. They're adult themed without BEING adult.

I'm hoping Scum's Wish doesn't do a Bad End, cause, well, that just hits a little too close to home.

TL;DR - You can really can teach an old (fan) new tricks! I'm patiently awaiting hentai doujin of Scum's Wish (you know someone is gonna do it cause Rule 34!)

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

@Anon99

Ah sorry sometimes I forget that ^_^"

Yeah i will remain away from them. Though I wish there would more mods. Not that I hate current one. It would be better for site as more people can come up more idea for improving tge site. I would have voted for you or SF as mod.

The one thing I really find lacking on this site is lack of noticification when someone quoted or tagged you. We really need that feature D:

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 7:21PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

@Anon99

Ah sorry sometimes I forget that ^_^"

Yeah i will remain away from them. Though I wish there would more mods. Not that I hate current one. It would be better for site as more people can come up more idea for improving tge site. I would have voted for you or SF as mod.

That is literally the best compliment I've ever received on the internet :').

The one thing I really find lacking on this site is lack of noticification when someone quoted or tagged you. We really need that feature D:

+1

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 7:27PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
You are pretty good user and care about other users evidently in Pulse thread.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Tell us how the date goes boys.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Tell us how the date goes boys.

Huh?

joined Jun 22, 2016

She senses a real browmance between you two ;)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

Screw that! Anon for Queen of the Human Race! >:D

No, please don't... I would just turn the whole world gay! ;)

I fail to see how it is a wrong thing.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Anon99 posted:

Ask the Catholic church!
It would be us on one side and on the other the church, trying to pray our gay away! ^^

In other words: an all-out war! ;)

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 7:52PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

Anon99 posted:

Ask the Catholic church!
It would be us on one side and on the other the church, trying to pray our gay away! ^^

In other words: an all-out war! ;)

Well, since you would turn the whole world gay I don't think it would happen ;P

joined Jun 22, 2016

Well, since you would turn the whole world gay I don't think it would happen ;P

But they already are gay! They just try to fight the truth ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.