Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

As an aside, part of me couldn't help but laugh at the thought that Michiru told her physically hurt friend that they needed some time off, and while aching and on the floor, just left her there and walked away.

She just went for the ice. She did, didn't she?

joined May 20, 2013

Plot twist: Benika was the ace in the hole the whole time. That could hit hard, but it would also contradict things in earlier chapters.

joined May 20, 2013

I wonder how or why the mother could leave. Is her purpose to send back children with fresh genes because outsiders haven't been arriving for a while?

joined May 20, 2013

Shame.

(Given the ever-reliable Kase, will the next series be Yamada to Fukami to Kase-san?)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Mistaken use of complement is not a compliment.

joined May 20, 2013

What is this giant red flag doing here?

joined May 20, 2013

Thank you for the ship, Arcane! More (and longer) works about them and/or with art like this would be great.

joined May 20, 2013

Tragedy tag shouldn't be added. Let the reader discover it for themselves.

That’s not how tags work.

I recall that sometimes the moderators will hide a tag like Tragedy when it's a twist, though I'm not sure of the current policy.

(This reply is really only to add to the quoted discussion. Not sure if I read any chapter other than the 16th of this work, and after encountering this theme many times, I found it nice how well it conveyed those feelings. Plus the art is really great.)

Titles not being fully tagged "randomly" and without any hint defeats the purpose of tags, in my opinion. E.g. assuming that the Tragedy tag will ultimately be deserved, when searching for

• With tags: Romance Height gap Slice of life Yuri
  • Without tags: Tragedy

this series is the 2nd result. Following this thinking: Remove tags completely and let readers discover whether a work is Yuri, Het, NSFW, Aaaaaangst, Cheating, etc!

Rather than going that way, maybe a tag like Hidden tag(s) or Omitted tag(s) could hint at there being some potentially risky twist without giving away too much? Then e.g.

• With tags: Romance Height gap Slice of life Yuri
  • Without tags: Tragedy Hidden/Omitted tag(s)

could mitigate such risks. As an added benefit, it could be searched by those looking for surprises. Of course depending on the other tags the twists might be easy to guess, but is it better to leave depressing holes without any warning for people to fall into?

joined May 20, 2013

Aren't "before" and "after" switched up on the table and chair page? Why "finally" a floor chair if the author had that "before?"

joined May 20, 2013

And those who have a gripe with the Office lady + School girl + Age gap + Romance tag combo will most certainly be happy that they have one new thing to bitterly complain about.

Not sure in what way you meant that, but I certainly wish there were more tags.

After recently rereading Itoshi Koishi, when I saw this among the recent chapters, I thought it may be a similarly nice read. Well, quite the opposite. The art and scanlation are great; I just wish there were a way to know more about what to expect from the story.

Not to mention it's completed, so there's no chance to find anything redeeming about Yukiho or whether/why the ending would be good despite everything.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 2:48PM

joined May 20, 2013

So... she smokes again?

joined May 20, 2013

Page 10
"And since my friend K couldn't be honest about her feeling, she ended up alone."
Did she really make a mistake, or should that be N?

last edited at May 31, 2021 1:19PM

joined May 20, 2013

Well done.

joined May 20, 2013

In case there is any confusion (spoilers):
Ataru
Rei

joined May 20, 2013

So Kyouko and Ataru are definitely fucking, that’s what the comment about the shampoo says to me. Still not sure if they’ll end up together or if it really will be the voice actor couple.

How do you get definitely fucking? Just shows one of them is close enough to notice a smell change, that doesn't take sex, and the other is flustered by being sniffed.

Ataru's or a hotel's shampoo.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Hino is terminally gay. It's fun, but I can't help but wonder if they'll ever move forward.

joined May 20, 2013

Is this how they become step-sisters?

joined May 20, 2013

So it's about time to add the tag Bisexual, no ?

Ookuma sounds more like a pansexual to me, if you mean her. In any case, both girls fell in love with each other, regardless of their intentions, so there is no proof it would've happened with a guy.

Kiena
Lily Marble discussion 11 Aug 01:14
joined May 20, 2013

If these were the intended outcome and conclusion all along, I wish it ended sooner. At least now it did and Yuri Ichigo may work on other manga.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 1:17AM

joined May 20, 2013

I'm waiting... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Where is the next chapter?

Kiena
Suito-to! discussion 13 Jul 16:12
joined May 20, 2013

The initial third wheel may be a more realistic romantic interest for Yuzu at this rate... Or it could just turn into Yuri crush and nothing more.

Edit: Then I went back a few pages and read some spoilers. This still wasn't a very great Christmas chapter. What if she went to that mixer?

last edited at Jul 13, 2020 4:46PM

joined May 20, 2013

Not a bad start.

Kiena
Lily Marble discussion 09 Jul 02:29
joined May 20, 2013

Ffs, this is literally the first time I've ever see someone from a so called Yuri story marrying a man in the end.

Let me provide you with the second: Happy End (The last real chapter has its own tag for a reason.)

Actually, maybe this chapter would be a good candidate to be the 2nd holder of that infamous tag... Until now I completely agreed with only that manga's final chapter being marked with it, but I feel that this disappointment might be similar to that time, even if this ending is a bit less messed up.

Edit: This is just a sudden emotional suggestion. Thanks for adding the Het tag; I'm fine with only that, too.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 2:35AM

Kiena
Lily Marble discussion 09 Jul 00:45
joined May 20, 2013

Sour. With this ending, the Hikari x Moe storyline, that of the people introduced on the very first page, was truly disappointing. A waste of time and pages, in my eyes, too.

Since there isn't a Het marriage tag, maybe Het could be added in this case?

joined May 20, 2013

Cute, but does that mean Mikumo was dunking on herself when Kanon described her ex-lover?

I don't think Kanon was referring to Mikumo as her (ex-)lover. Though the drinking training might've been their activities together (Drunkanon), or what she has been doing since the rejection. On the other hand, since the gender is unclear, it may had been a guy, which in turn could be another reason why Mikumo projected her senpai's intentions onto Kanon when she confessed...

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 12:06AM