Forum › Posts by Logseman

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

The series is basically Shonen Gaze Directed at Magical Girls, the plot is already at the "making it up as it comes along" phase, and this is unlikely to be a series that anyone would show their friends with so much nudity and cheap lewdness. You keep the costs low, sell to the same demos who bought the manga and make a mint.

joined Apr 23, 2013

"Hello mortal, we are going to have sex now"

Typical divinity.

TFW you’re an Ancient Greek.

joined Apr 23, 2013

Team Medical Dragon, the shonen about surgeons, had a couple of these cases to spice things up. Great series.

Logseman
Lily Marble discussion 31 Aug 19:13
joined Apr 23, 2013

I've read worse, but I feel that the premise is the most interesting part of this series (adults! with non-OL jobs! gym!).

The issue is that depicting professions requires research, especially on the drawing part, which is something that needs some resources. The mangaka who write for niche pubs are not getting a ¥5M advance to research how a government department or a call centre works so that it can be brought to the public in an engaging manner.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

The premise started off well, but I’m out off by several factors;

1. I’m supposed to believe that moe-blob 1 is hideous while moe-blob 2 is magazine cover pretty when I’m seeing two moe-blobs.
  2. Fujishiro seems not merely capricious, but unstable. Kurokawa is not a real foil for her.
  3. The story feels oppressive with these two as characters, and no other people (except as plot devices).
joined Apr 23, 2013

@Logseman
B-but then I'd be out of a job... D:

It could be an interesting experiment if you wish to revisit it. Remove the speech bubbles and let the images work by themselves.

joined Apr 23, 2013

It looks like one of those episodic pieces which show a dynamic between characters and milk it for all it is worth, with little to no plot development.

Not my cuppa.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 12:08PM

joined Apr 23, 2013

You could release this with no text and there would be nothing lost.

Logseman
Their Story discussion 05 Mar 00:36
joined Apr 23, 2013

The main story is a foregone conclusion at this point, give me more Tattletale's weird life. Mo Xiaonan is just a spanner in the works from nowhere.

Logseman
My Odile discussion 01 Jan 22:17
joined Apr 23, 2013

Let it not be said tha the MC is fickle. She keeps blasé until the bitter end.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I don´t think the Oguri route was too terrible, but the series is obviously rushed. A true resolution for the protagonist´s inner conflict, Oguri and Aoi´s character development... it´s a pity, a fairly decent try which falls short.

Logseman
Chi-Ran discussion 11 Nov 07:23
joined Apr 23, 2013

Completely incapable of threading a long story. Her works are like modeling runways where the stories go parade and leave.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

It’s way too fluffy and sickly sweet.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I just want to say that Yurim is the best character ever, and I really hope she gets a new chance in another manga. She’s suffered enough and deserves a break.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

According to Baka Updates it‘s 5 volumes.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Does anyone know what happened? There's at least an entire third volume and we only got a couple chapters from that.

Logseman
Gardenia discussion 14 Mar 18:32
joined Apr 23, 2013

Really...

joined Apr 23, 2013

Given that this very manga (among with many others since the last decade) lampoons the custom and tells the protagonist that she's read "too many manga", it's very likely that it never was a thing, except for the fantasy worlds of Marimite and its ilk.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd never seen this particular twist, but the characters really need... well, character.

last edited at Mar 11, 2016 9:19AM

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Every time I sign in 7Cups, much of what I do is trying to help people avoid this exact scenario.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Modern manga started as small booklets with red ink, called Akabon. It's funny to find an actual Akabon story.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

This is a piece of dung of a high calibre.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I love the style, it looked like a short film.

Logseman
Bra Girl discussion 20 Oct 06:39
joined Apr 23, 2013

Amazune Ryuta has excellent manga in Happy Negative Marriage and Kana to Kaoru.

Logseman
Lost Girl discussion 20 Oct 06:21
joined Apr 23, 2013

Not well executed, no build up. Too short for what it wanted to tell.