Forum › Posts by Harle

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

It took 22 fucking chapters to get to square 1.

Harle
Natsunetsu discussion 28 Aug 02:15
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Giant titties.

Harle
A Rainy Day discussion 21 Jul 01:09
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy the rainy day excuse to get people alone.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

These tags are exciting. Hopefully it goes somewhere.

Harle
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

This is starting to worry me. I hope things turn out well.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

No need to ever stop girls.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Looks alright. The massive breasts always feels strange to me, hopefully they aren't too distracting. Same goes with the fanservice, is it so hard to ask for a little subtlety?

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Just popping by to say yes to the polished version on Dynasty! I'm planning to either buy the Seven Seas publications (even though it I'd rather not because they are a bit... sucky) or the Japanese volumes, so it'll be nice to have pretty translations to tide me over in the meantime!

This is my problem. I really want to support the author, but the english translations suck so bad I don't want to reinforce what they are doing. Guess it is just time to buy the moon version.

Harle
Citrus discussion 25 Jun 18:22
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Not that I disagree with you, but is the demographic for this series actually "lesbian or bisexual-female teens. "? Most readers are probably not in that group, at least in japan.

Probably not specifically LGBT but it most certainly is targeted at women.

You appear to be correct, Comic Yuri Hime has a readership of 70% female according to wikipedia.

Harle
Citrus discussion 25 Jun 00:07
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Damn it. I want to see their relationship take a more physical turn. We've had enough drama, time for some sexy time!

To be honest, and when considering the manga thus far, I do not think what you're looking for is going to happen. I do believe that at some point Mei and Yuzu will have sex in the story, but when it does happen it will not be heavily explicit. My guess is that the moment will be mostly implied with some before and possibly after scenes. If you're just reading for sex then there are plenty of yuri hentai out there and I'm sure some fan out there has drawn Yuzu and Mei going at it.

One thing I really like about Citrus is the realistic set-up of the sexual content. It is easy to be facetious with sexual comments and actions before a relationship starts, but once love is discovered and the serious nature of the sexual actions are revealed in a relationship, often times a couple, especially teens, will take a step back just like Mei and Yuzu have. It's refreshing that they are not rushing into it and are taking time to learn more about each other first. Let's keep in mind that the targeted audiences for Citrus are lesbian or bisexual-female teens.

Underneath all of the repetitive drama, sexual jokes, and absurdities that this manga has, there is a serious romance where there are characters with heartfelt issues. Yuzu even gets scared thinking of how society will look at and possibly condemn not only her sexuality, but her relationship with Mei, her step-sister. I also have a growing thought that Yuzu and Mei's mother will grow suspicious of the closeness and start becoming more involved in the story.

I'd also like to see if there will be any development between Harumin and Matsuri, and I'm looking forward to having Harumin's sister present at the sleep over.

Not that I disagree with you, but is the demographic for this series actually "lesbian or bisexual-female teens. "? Most readers are probably not in that group, at least in japan.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I await more lily knights.

Harle
PAX 2 discussion 20 Jun 01:47
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Wouldn't the fact that Sachi is going to buy new headphones and wants to be with Kei while she does so mean that she is giving up on the old love?

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

This almost feels like a joke compared to the other stories they have written. Seems more like a schtick at this point, especially with the ridiculous clash of art style.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

This feels incredibly rapey to me.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I think this was my gateway to yuri, glad to give me a reason to reread it.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

This isn't going to end well, is it?

^

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

In the TL notes - An elderly couple helps out a crane that later turns out to be a crane ?

Was it not in crane form to start with or is this a typo.

It is a crane that turns into a girl, then turns back into a crane and leaves.

Harle
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Man the way Kasumi's speech is translated just makes her sound so cute.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I like that puffball hair, hopefully she grows it out later.

Harle
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

And a sharp left turn!

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Never read a story with poly in it. This seems interesting though, hopefully it ends well though.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I wasn't expecting a happy end. What a twist.

Harle
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

The release interval makes me nervous.

Don't worry about it, just embrace the yuri!

Harle
Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Lovely as always.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Dem thighs on the president are crazy.