Forum › Posts by commentator

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

If its a real cat that talks then how could it open that can and clean etc itself which it claims it could do but is too lazy?
It would be physically impossible for a cat to open a can.

The can she was looking at had a pull tab, so I don't think it would be impossible for a cat with human intelligence to open (claws are very good at hooking into things), but it would be pretty difficult and definitely easier to get a human to do it for you. Or maybe she should get an electric can opener.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

You can believe her turning into a lion but you draw the line at the lion form having a mane lol

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/92111270
There are a couple more characters Chloe and Vivian and background person is presented as "Jo Su" but 助手君 might just be saying they don't have a name other than "assistant".

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

How does anyone remember the personality of these women? They've barely been shown in the anime.

The manga exists.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is actually the first chapter from this series: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/paradise_of_nightmare_series

Never thought I'd see the day these characters would show up again. Still, I'm happy about it and I hope that demon queen and her sadist servant make an appearance.

If the rest of the series gets translated now they will definitely show up

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The art is really nice like 99% of the time. Just look at this cute face: ch01#4
But then once in a while it does something like this: ch01#35 bottom right panel (is she mutating into a dog?) or this: ch01#8 (why is her eye so out of place?)
and I'm just left feeling punched in the face with how messed up it looks. The side profile of the face doesn't always look that distorted either it's so inconsistent. It looks great here for example: ch01#25
What's up with that?

(looking back through the second chapter I don't see it happening so maybe it's just to do with the first chapter? I guess we'll find out.)

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 1:22PM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really like the little twist on my expectations when she's sick in bed.
They set it up to make it look like Kurumi-san wasn't going to be there when called for and make Yoroizuka-san a little sad, but I really love the way it turned out the exact opposite: she called out so faintly she didn't expect to be heard but then BAM there she is!

commentator
Slow Start discussion 14 Oct 11:27
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

What do you mean "my moms?" Is Tama's mother the daughter of a lesbian couple?

The more het explanation for "moms" would be that Tama-mama calls her mother in law Mom just like her birth mother. (My mom called my dad's mom "Ma", and I refer to my wife's mom as Mom or Mama sometimes too, so it's not unheard of at least)
If that's the case, I choose to believe that Tama's grandmothers met some time after her parents and they fell in love with each other too so they're a lesbian couple but raised her mom and dad separately.

Before that though my preferred first choice of explanation is that yes Tama-mama has two mamas XD

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 11:31AM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like how they both bring up efficiency with meeting two girls at once, but she only went for it because she already knew one of the available girls lol. no thoughts of efficiency she just wanted to try the experience (and it was very worth it)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Literal translation of the JP title btw is "The Room That Will Spell Doom Unless You Can Make the Otome Game Heroine Cum Three Times"

Correction: I'm stuck in a room where I'll be doomed if I don't make the heroine cums 3 times

Certainly better than the machine translation looking title the original authors put up

"The heroine of the damsel-in-distress game, entered a room that would catasrophe her if she didn't let her go three times."

(https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=714531)

And part two with the subtitle:

"Additional patches of sexually passive Maria"

(https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=763110)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh I've bought this and the first part! It's so good! I bought physical Japanese copies, but the circle also has Chinese (traditional and simplified I think?) and English translation versions available. The translation and typsetting is not the same level as what's posted here (which is probably why the scan group decided to redo it) but you can still understand everything pretty well.
The circle sells this doujin and the first part physically and digitally on melonbooks, BOOTH, and DLsite, links available on the pixiv postings here:
Part 1 https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83085673
Part 2 (this chapter) https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/85643056

I really like these ones because it keeps things so lighthearted and katarina is still so much her oblivious self. It feels like it could have really happened if the canon were to turn towards the Maria route (and become r18 lol)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I know the swastika is an ancient religious symbol with positive meanings, and but seeing P卍4 really threw me for a loop at first lmao.

That was almost certainly an accident involving making a variant of the PS4 logo, combined with the lack of focus WW2 gets in Japanese schools. The author clearly just took the S from the PS4 logo and added another one turned sideways to avoid copyright issues.

Doesn't make the implications better but I'm willing to chalk it up to poor foresight.

Very dodgy topic, but I don't think countries where a symbol is religious shouldn't use it because of WW2 events. It's also very clearly just a 卍 and not sideways S combined, that's grasping at straws to try to rationalize something that doesn't need to be. Mangas don't shy away from using it, just look at tokyo revengers.

I'd like to point out that it's also the symbol used for temples in Google Maps. Legit search for Japan and start zooming in, you'll start seeing it wherever there's a shrine. The specifically WW2 version of the symbol is supposed to be when it's at an angle. If you see it properly oriented horizontally and with no other context then it's likely not related to WW2 (especially if it's in media from Japan or other asian places that use the original normally).

quick edit: I did look a little more at the maps and there are two different symbols, one is the swastika and one looks like a torii gate. I have done zero research on what the difference is, but I think it's shrine vs temple where the swastika is for temples and the torii is shrines.

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 3:22PM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love how the magical girls who are clearly capable of flight succumb to a pitfall trap as soon as they enter the dungeon.

It can probably be explained by some magic logic like Alice setting the dungeon to cancel out flight ability or whatever, but I still think it's kinda funny.

Also I see that we've grown the list of hentai kinks featured in the series this chapter. Probably the biggest number that's been featured in a single chapter since they're playing with all three girls separately at the same time.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I am so sorry for the link I'm about to share. (NSFW)
https://www.reddit.com/r/hmmm/comments/p5qt8v/hmmm/

commentator
Image Comments 04 Aug 13:04
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
91141555_p0

Regardless of any of that stuff, the source is titled "komakase" and tagged komachi/kasen so the intent is there.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I saw "kinuta" and had an inkling that she would turn out to be a tanuki. The story showed us where it was going and I delightfully went along for the ride. Looking forward to seeing more of the two too!

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

/s Boo, no timeleap Maya x Kuro^4 fivesome group cuddling :))

The younger versions aren't ready. Send them back and grab future Maya, then we have a foursome fun party

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

So Momo included new lingerie for her bbq date with Shamiko huh? (And from Mom's advice lol)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

a middle schooler with shaggy legs...is that even possible?

Speaking from experience, yes.

I didn't want to go anywhere with a swimsuit sometime after gradeschool. At one point my friend commented on my legs when we were at the pool, I don't remember the exact thing she said any more but it had the word "forest" in it. The few times I've gone swimming in adulthood I've worn shorts. Shaving isn't worth it, and I'm more comfortable not exposing my legs as if I were only wearing underwear anyway.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Glad to see this here. From what I understand, there's three more doujins/chapters to this extra series, so we have those to look forward to as well.

You got me to look for them and there are 4! https://twitter.com/8848426/status/1069963978179272705?s=20
Now I'm kinda excited. I've now started the process of attempting to acquire all 4 doujins from melonbooks
link to the circle page where you can see all the doujins for anyone interested: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/circle/index.php?circle_id=51806

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Speaking of relationship development, chapter 25 is about Kiwi and Utena! I'm excited for the translation and everyone's analysis of their dynamics with the new information. Will some of your theories be supported? Will they need to be revaluated? We'll find out soon*!

*When the translation happens

Completely unrelated to plot, I've once again failed to realize that a character actually has really long hair because her regular hairstyle has it gathered up. I saw the thumbnail for the chapter and was like "who's that??" lol

commentator
Image Comments 17 May 14:52
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Seija

Alnoewolfaaa May 16, 2021 7:01PM
What the name of comic

You can check the tags to see what things are from. The Doujin: Touhou Project tag indicates that this is a doujin (aka unofficial fanwork) of characters from Touhou Project. The pairing tag tells you what their names are.
You can also use the Author tag to see more images by the same person on this site, or the Source link/button to go to the original post where this image came from if you're interested in finding more of their art that may not be copied here.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The page order was off when I started reading this, but I didn't notice until I got through the double digit pages and wound up on page 2 so I was really confused but just rolled with it in the beginning.

edit: it was fixed before I finished typing.

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 8:03PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

why would she wonder what a wedding is but know what a wedding dress is? are they using some obscure word or alternative spelling in the original language?

The chapter is still free on comic walker right now so I checked out the raws (I don't know if they'll do the thing where after a certain amount of time or chapters older ones will become locked, although it does seem to be normal for the first three or so to stay free): https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_KS12202158010000_68
And no, they just use the regular word for marriage unobscured in any way so it's just a bit of a plot hole unless this:

I’m waiting for the plot twist in which Tanya is actually an experienced witch unlike the naive and weak witch Melissa thinks she is lol

actually turns out to be true lol