Forum › Posts by Jhowi

Jhowi
Image Comments 23 Apr 01:33
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012
Their_story_christmas_yaoiblcd

The two on the bottom left?? They could be, but they could also be a straight couple, or family, or honestly, just friends. That level of intimacy as displayed above is not uncommon at all, especially in Asia.

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 1:45AM

Jhowi
Sweet Room discussion 01 May 16:11
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

I nominate Minase Ruruu for drawing the best lips. Agree?

+Zao Taishi/Tsuda Mikiyo

Jhowi
Stretch discussion 14 Mar 22:24
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

If they wanted to make a regular slice of life they should have stick a guy and there and close our hopes forever of it being yuri. But no...they decided to add a bit of it and makes us turn and roll over something like this...stick to your genre! live the yuri alone. Sorry it just pisses me of Keiko is pretending to be miss two goddy shoes and doesn't seem to care a flying F over Ran. When I know she is dying to be with her.

Or...
You know...
He could be not so black and white
Like he's doing
Besides there are faaaaar worse examples of mangas with girls being extremely touchy and etc but not being actual yuri (Though most of them are moeblobs and i don't deal with that)

I agree with Kyonne.

I also like seeing platonic affection between girls; sometimes we forget that not all affection is romantic.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

I prefer the story as it is.

The ending wasn't as unexpected for me, but was no less enjoyable.

This

Lol that older sister was SUCH a tsundere! She's so cute pretending she's doing it for herself when she's being nice to her baby sister. The story made her seem like she was just going to be some bitch, but she turned out to be really adorable in the end. Very cute.
And I'm really liking this mangaka; she's quickly become a favorite.

and this

Yeah, definitely liked this ending better than what (usually) wouldve happened :O nice change of pace I guess.

summed up my feelings.

Jhowi
Image Comments 26 Jan 13:44
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

<3

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

especially since she asked Kana not to call Kanae

It's really cool how Mizuho becomes Kanae and everyone just goes with it☆

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 2:32AM

Jhowi
Image Comments 03 Jan 18:24
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012
Senyuu_akakaga_d

So many cavities from this

Jhowi
Seasons discussion 03 Jan 17:56
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Oh my heart. So much Jin all at once. Thank you Dynasty for all your hard work. Thank you thank you.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

OK, I just noticed the kuudere tag. Kanna-chan doesn't seem cold so much as searching for meaning and her path in life. Yuu-chan is just plain aloof and a bit of a space cadet. she isn't cold, stoic nor hard-boiled.

so who's the kuudere character?

Maybe Kuudere has been mistaken to mean "spacy and unassuming" instead of "cold and unassuming"; 空デレ - which looks like it describes a spacy/blank dere - was my first impression too. クーデレ is the actual term apparently; what are the roots?

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

More over, I don't know why you would think I'm mad about anything. You would have no reason to assume that unless you were looking for an excuse to dismiss my points without a solid reason why.

I doubt they were looking for any excuse to dismiss your points without a solid reason why. I think the impression you made on them felt overly aggressive because (to them) you seemed to attack their views on the manga in an unnecessarily harsh manner while blatantly telling them they're wrong and you're right, without any margin of error. From one side, your arguments are perceived as analytical, while from another side, they sound like absolute shut-downs with no room for debate.

You mean the relationship she as no reason to think is anything other than explanation? You're confusing knowledge readers have with the knowledge the characters have of each other. If you want further elaboration why you're wrong just go back and re read the thread because nothing you have said is new in comparison to the people before you.

I actually thought she meant to use the "romantic relationship" as a reason to reject confessions, while being able to have a friend to hang out with in Miu.

I also don't understand why you don't like having lots of confessions for Fujiwara. Please elaborate.

On principle I hate any and all harems, implied or otherwise. Because they are nothing more than cop out story telling devices used to forcibly progress the plot with no real justification.

Are harems that uncommon in real life? My impression of Japanese culture is limited to what I see in fiction and media and a few non-fiction sources, but I thought they were influenced by reality to some extent. Which lead to harems being used in stories. If not, and harems are really more wishful-thinking, then it'd be quite nice to see less of them.

Receiving confessions - whether serious or out of admiration - would happen regularly for popular people, and doesn't seem to imply harems on their own. Even only among girls, it seems to happen enough for the Japanese people to deem it a normal part of adolescence.

Not to mention the whole "everybody is gay point. It is silly and unrealistic to assume so many gay people would be in one place at one time.

I'm a little confused about when this was pointed out.

EDIT: My apologies. I'd originally meant to ask when the everybody is gay point had been laid out, but I ended up asking something like the opposite.

There's a stereotype that girls' schools tend to have meaningless relationships between one another as an experimental kind of thing

This is a cliché, not a stereotype. Very big difference. But, that's besides the point you're trying to make. And as it's already been noted that it's stupid to think she could pick of on Miu's vague singles of being upset around those other girls but not be be able to tell if the people confessing to her are serious.

By cliché, meaning in stories? I thought it was a real stereotype too, and not only because of manga.

I didn't see Miu's signals of being upset as vague, but maybe that's just me. Also, I thought Fujiwara might have realized that letting the club members tag along on their date may not be the best way to simulate one, but again, probably only what I read into it.

There are cases where the girls are using the subject of their love/admiration as a replacement for a man, but they themselves may not have realized this yet. Often, the intense admiration for an idol can also be confused for love. Experimentation is definitely a thing. It complicates matters when some of the girls are truly in love, but for various reasons restrain themselves from emotional or otherwise telling displays of heartbreak when they are rejected, assuming they confess at all. Fujiwara seems to have a certain preconception of such confessions - namely that they are more likely to happen at girls' schools - and although she admits that they seem serious, she still has doubts. There has been little to no detail about how these confessions unfolded, so it's difficult to gauge how insensitive/clueless she may possibly be regarding these matters.

She'd have to be thinking like this. "Oh this girl came up to me all teary eyed, confessed. I rejected her and she left crying... Eeeeh? She must have been just joshing with me; back to volleyball practice".

If that can't be taken seriously no confession can.

When/where was the exposition on this?

Honestly, it seems to me like you're purposely trying to rile everyone up.

Again, you have no reason to think other than you want to dismiss my points with no solid evidence. Just because I don't blindly gush over everything and anything that's tagged as "yuri" does not mean I'm trying to antagonize people.

Humans have varying levels of sensitivity when it comes to blunt statements like those you've made, especially in environments like the internet where lack of other visual and auditory cues may contribute to a misleading impression. I think they felt you were forcing your theories and views on others in a less than diplomatic manner. Your criticism of one (perhaps a non-native Anglophone) for their English may have appeared unforgiving of the difficulty of discussion in a foreign language. I know there are other non-Anglophones who are also similarly unforgiving of those who don't master English, though. In addition, there are native Anglophones whose English is much worse than ESL graduates, so I suppose some struggle with language more than others. There was some confusion, but I mostly understood what they were trying to convey.

So I don't think the things that you're citing are actually contradictions.

Key word here being "think". What you personally think is not really relevant to anything. And even if that was the only contradiction, you'd be wrong. Because there are other contradictions that have been pointed out in this very thread.

I think he was stating the facts as he perceived them, but did not express it in as direct or absolute a manner. He may be allowing room for debate since he did not imply his perception of the facts was the only truth.

do you know ANYTHING about autism?

I can't exactly respond to any of these points because you did not pick up on the fact the term "autism" was being used euphemistically, not literally. Everyone else noticed that though. Kind of another reason why anything you think or say does not hold any validity.

That last sentence in particular is an example of why some would be misled to thinking you carry a hostile and/or angry attitude with your comments. It can be interpreted as rational and practical, but also can be seen as provocative and disparaging, especially if insinuation of one's stupidity is detected.

/rambling
Good-night.

last edited at Dec 30, 2013 10:57AM

Jhowi
Collectors discussion 23 Dec 12:50
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Are married Japanese men afflicted by some unknown disease to me? It looks to me that they seemingly cannot procure their own sustenance. This isn't the first time I've seen a woman call her husband "did you forget to eat?"

I thought she was just ringing her hubby out of general concern or just to talk to him. He could be a busy busy salary-man who does forget to eat. It's not that uncommon.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Glub glub glub

I'm so happy Takemiya Jin did a sequel to this.
"Sorry I'm Obsessed"

squee

Jhowi
January 15 discussion 16 Dec 05:42
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

HNNNNNGHHH this couple's bad for my heart ..!

+1;;

Jhowi
Honest discussion 16 Dec 04:26
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Heh.

Jhowi
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

♥♥♥Thank you Lililicious for this Jin update♥♥♥
★★My heart is exploding with happy rainbow feels★★

Jhowi
Earth Girls discussion 12 Dec 23:15
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Kidaha x Io otp <3

+1!!
Their chapter was just too sexy♥♥♥

Jhowi
Image Comments 12 Dec 11:59
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012
Mikashaxannie1

Mikannie is too funny lul

Jhowi
Arm Pillow discussion 03 Dec 02:48
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

*explode

Jhowi
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Gloriously & colourfully cute

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Hhohohohh too cute~~~

Jhowi
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Highlight of my day XD

Jhowi
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Should there be an Ecchi tag for pg.32 or am I worrying too much.

Jhowi
Candy Box 2 discussion 26 Nov 17:54
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Speaking of Trap Box, I wouldn't mind a follow-up/sequel to that. More silly Luka is nice too though. =P

+1!!

My personal negitoro preference is usually the reverse of Sekihara's, so Trap Box was a pleasant surprise★
I wish I could see more sub-Luka...

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

I'm glad I saw this before viewing the movie★ It was hilarious remembering Homu's reaction while watching the ending★★★

Jhowi
Be With Me discussion 25 Nov 09:46
Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Very much so~