Forum › Posts by Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I reread this the other day and upon finishing it I immediately wanted to pick it up again. Girl Friends is, to me, a yuri hall of famer. First-time enjoyment may partially be related to age (e.g. for teen me this story was stupidly relatable), but it also just a very well-rounded story. Even with newer series this one has not lost its charm.

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 5:53PM

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

The extra chapters bring the story to a real ending. I remember the first 2 volumes really tugging at my heart and I don't feel the last chapter stuck the landing in that regard. I do admire the fact that this stuck with the asexual ending which was predicted from early on. Overall a refreshing story.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

BLESS THE GODS

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Oh my, I wish someone would pick this back up so badly. The new chapter 18 is so damn good!
Hinako as a child - SO CUTE!!! And she came out to her mom!!! WOAH!!!!! My goodness... So, so-o-o good!

Where are you seeing the raws if I may ask?

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Ohh, is someone translating these anew?

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Saw an article stating that volume 4 is going to be the final volume of this series. Hopefully the author just planned it to be that long rather than the series getting axed and cut short.

It's been one of my favorite series since it released so it's a bit of a shame that it'll be so short but I'd prefer a short and solid story over long and meandering.

I think one more volume is enough to end the story in a satisfying way, but sad to hear nonetheless. We've just had both their epiphanies. I would've liked to see Hinako and Asahi get in a relationship and gradually adjust to each other and their wants, while now it seems like it'll wrap up at just starting the relationship. Well, let's just hope the author wasn't rushed.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Every time I read a chapter of this I'm just yelling for a solid 5 minutes

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 4:37PM

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

This is beautiful, thanks for the initiative.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

God I wish volumes here weren't priced like €18 each because I really wanna support this.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

The author will begin a new manga named Onna Tomodachi to Kekkon Shitemita (Trying Out Marriage to My Female Friend) from January 2021.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-10-17/donuts-under-a-crescent-moon-shio-usui-launches-new-manga-in-november/.165322

Does this mean she will work on two series at the same time? That sounds quite stressful.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I'm also wondering if this goes back to the disgust Hinako has/had for people who lusted after her. More self hate, she doesn't want to make Asahi feel the way she's always felt being thought of like that. Hesitant hand touching and jerking away have both been a thing this entire series, I think trying to show they both have different issues with physical contact.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm fine with whatever route this will take (as long as it's partnership hhhh), but I think it will eventually be Hinako working through whatever repulsion/self-hate she has.

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 5:51PM

Blazing CobaltX
Collectors discussion 23 Aug 14:56
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Ahh I hope everything will be translated after all.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Damn I was feeling the feels and then ding dong, new face. Very optimistic this manga will do something good with this character, though.

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 5:12PM

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

HELL YE!!

I haven't been this excited about a yuri in a LONG time.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I need this to become popular.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Is this a monthly manga?

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Oh my, seems like we're gonna focus on Satou's issues this volume.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

IM SOBBING THIS WAS A GREAT ENDING

Blazing CobaltX
Mama Mama discussion 27 Aug 14:05
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Well that fucked me up.

Blazing CobaltX
Collectors discussion 23 Mar 16:03
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I can't believe she dyed her hair just for a tea ceremony. o_o She better dye it back soon, I liked her dyed hair better, too.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I am so fucking pumped for the anime. :DD

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Well that was sad.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

There was a funny detail in this chapter: the label of Shouya's shirt was flipped upward and was sticking out of his shirt. I have a feeling that dude is gonna make some remark about it, but I could just be reading into things too much...

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I don't know if this is already said but I sense a love triangle.

Nooo I don't want that. ;-; I want and hope that this story remains light-hearted like it is now and doesn't get too dramatic, but judging by the characters I don't even think that can happen.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

um, what? lol, that was kinda iffy what direction are we going? Thought we were going to get some insight/ severing bons/healing them drama but it doubled back to the love.

I think the advice that random girl gave to Kotori made her determined to learn and understand human emotions(because she stated she quite didn't). And I guess she tried to understand love firstly, and so she did. Idk that's what I think. D: