Forum › Posts by sdcarrot

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 21 Oct 04:17
joined Feb 10, 2017

Great expressions in Episode 66. =) But I'm curious, why did Ratana choose to draw Lynn's wedding dress with an open collar but not show the surgical scar? (I mean, it was such a large emotional part of a few chapters. Why did it get dropped?) And when Lynn tells Mel Yes, she'll marry her, it seems that she took her left hand back from Mel without letting her put on the ring. Or perhaps the image was mistakenly reversed? Because Mel was holding her left hand for the proposal.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 14 Sep 18:15
joined Feb 10, 2017

No spoiler this week. Guess that means we'll have to wait a little longer for the next episode. =)

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 18 Jun 22:01
joined Feb 10, 2017

Random thought: It would be pretty funny if Crystal dropped by the apartment for dinner and Lynn got to hear all about Mel's younger days over a couple of drinks. LOL

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 30 May 04:55
joined Feb 10, 2017

Well I did look for it, but didn't find any mention of a birthdate so if she wants to share that's great but if she doesn't that's fine too, the sentiment doesn't change, but I might try sending out the wish a "few months" earlier next year. LOL

Btw, I'm curious about graphics tablets and was wondering which one Ratana happens to use or like. Do you use one too? Or have any preferences?

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 26 May 23:49
joined Feb 10, 2017

I wonder what chibi Sue is thinking in the picture above... LOL

Happy Birthday to Mel (since we won't see them in June.)

And a Happy Early or Belated Birthday to Ratana (whenever it is). And same for the rest of the team. =)

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 28 Apr 19:32
joined Feb 10, 2017

True. Sue is definitely a complex character. But she's the director of both hospitals so it feels like Mel is in just as much trouble in one hospital as in the other unless she can get into a hospital not controlled by SE.

It would be really interesting to see what conversations Lynn and Sue would have together. Sue and Mel are both so angry at each other that it feels like their talks won't breakthrough to each other.

I really love how Ratana's characters are all intelligent individuals.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 28 Apr 12:47
joined Feb 10, 2017

So did Mel consent to the terms Sue gave her? It definitely didn't sound like a No. It sounded more like she was concerned that there might be any shady business behind the condition Sue offered.

Of course moving hospitals means working with different staff and most likely more work.

What would it mean for Lynn? Possibly changing schools, and not being near her brother? But she doesn't have too many close friends and she's used to moving around. but Mel might have to work more.

Hmm....

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 28 Apr 02:09
joined Feb 10, 2017

Episodes 13 and 34 : How does Lynn ride a motorcycle in a skirt? LOL
Episode 25: Mel pulls out the ribbon from Lynn's top but it reappears intact soon afterwards. ^_^

sdcarrot
Lily Love discussion 27 Apr 11:26
joined Feb 10, 2017

Wow! Go Donut!!! I never would've guessed... LoL blush

last edited at Apr 27, 2017 11:27AM

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 23 Apr 06:58
joined Feb 10, 2017

I really hope that the series doesn't suddenly end once it reaches the end of the story arc. Please let us have just a few more chapters of everyday life and conversations/interactions outside of the tensions of the drama , because it's the depth and richness of the characters that make this series one of my favorites.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 07 Apr 15:49
joined Feb 10, 2017

I feel like Lynn already had a similar expression just before the news too? I'm just hoping it's because she is worn out or possibly because she isn't trying to get her hopes up.

I do get where you are coming from too. I feel it'd be a waste having the whole love game thing they had if Lynn went back on her word.

https://www.facebook.com/ratana.satis/photos/a.788935964499217.1073741832.786519024740911/1270862422973233/?type=3&theater

She posted that back in November...

Lynn seems nervous with the "good news." I mean, In the beginning of the story, she didn't fear dying because that's just how her body was-- never able to live life normally due to constantly being in the hospital-- and she was willing to accept her fate having never experienced much beyond her youthful years. But now, she's fallen in love with Mel which has given both of them a new purpose in life and reason for living, and I think Lynn's starting to get scared and feel more vulnerable that she may actually die as heart surgeries can go wrong.

I think the upcoming drama and tension should be good no matter what happens!

Agreed. I'll always have my own preferences for how the story plays out but Ratana Satis, has won my loyalty as a reader and I'll gladly follow the story where ever it may go. I only hope that she'll re-release the books so I can get complete series. Artists deserve our support $ support whether it be online, like Lezhin, or in physical goods such as books and other merchandise. I would even jump in on a Kickstarter project if she started one. =)
(Like MAYBE an artbook??? HINT HINT HINT LOL or anything else she had in mind. ) -_^

last edited at Apr 7, 2017 3:50PM

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 07 Apr 13:37
joined Feb 10, 2017

I feel like Lynn already had a similar expression just before the news too? I'm just hoping it's because she is worn out or possibly because she isn't trying to get her hopes up.

I do get where you are coming from too. I feel it'd be a waste having the whole love game thing they had if Lynn went back on her word.

https://www.facebook.com/ratana.satis/photos/a.788935964499217.1073741832.786519024740911/1270862422973233/?type=3&theater

She posted that back in November...

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 07 Apr 11:36
joined Feb 10, 2017

Yet another great chapter, but between the conversation with Renny about respecting Lynn's decisions and Lynn's expression when Dr. Adam made his announcement, I'm feeling apprehensive. Is Lynn really happy about the announcement?

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 31 Mar 17:04
joined Feb 10, 2017

Lynn and Renny are both adults. They should be building relationships. Perhaps there's even a girl at the university who's interested in Renny and feels a little resentful that Renny spends so much of his attention on Lynn. =)

I loved the conversation about family. I wonder what other topics they've shared. Will Mel have issues exchanging rings with Lynn after her experience with Sue? Is Marriage even on the radar?

last edited at Mar 31, 2017 5:14PM

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 22 Mar 18:39
joined Feb 10, 2017

What are some of Lynn's hobbies?

In one of the extras. When Mel and Lynn goes out for a date. Err... outing together...
Mel states there that Lynn really likes photography. Guess you can say photography is her hobby.

It doesn't seem like they've had a complete date since they started going steady.

In episode 35 there is a flashback there that they are going to somewhere. Might impose that they've dated, though not emphasized.

Thanks. I forgot about that. Although she technically only took pictures of Mel I guess it's still a hobby. =)

ep35, true. I'm hoping at some point to see them dressed up a little or see a whole date to see their interaction outside. =)

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 21 Mar 19:16
joined Feb 10, 2017

When are Mel and Lynn's birth dates?

Mel - June 11th
Lynn - April 21st

Cool thanks! Hmm... since recently Lynn's been wearing warmer clothing, I'm guessing that we wouldn't see their birthday's coming up any time soon. Perhaps a Christmas or New Year's celebration? =)

Hmm... exactly what is the timeline for Pulse so far? It feels like everything's been moving at breakneck speed lately.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 21 Mar 14:08
joined Feb 10, 2017

Random thought:

When are Mel and Lynn's birth dates? It would be sweet to see them celebrate one with an official date. In Mel's words from chapter 5, she would have to make sure that her date was fully content and satisfied right? It doesn't seem like they've had a complete date since they started going steady.

Second Random thought:

What are some of Lynn's hobbies? If I were to try and guess I suppose I could see her sketch/draw because she has such a innate sense of observation. We know she played a video game once and listens to music but there doesn't seem to be a hobby like Mel's ship building. Cooking maybe?

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 2:27PM

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 19 Mar 15:21
joined Feb 10, 2017

The ending conversation was also a very sweet moment between Mel and Lynn that is starting to show the reality of the situation regarding the surgery. Lynn's a bubbly and compassionate individual, but deep down she knows the severity of her condition and the possible outcome, and it probably makes her a little insecure with believing whether she's "good enough" for Mel despite Mel making it clear over and over that she loves Lynn from the bottom of her heart (something she thought she'd never be able to do again). Lynn probably feels Mel could go and love anyone else in the world, but chooses to stay with her despite being so close to death...and that's what makes their relationship so beautiful.

I completely agree. The conversation between Mel and Lynn in this chapter is very important and a great part of what makes the story-telling in Pulse so engaging. The conversation is completely real in relation to real life and shows profound depth of character. It reminds the reader that this is a love story in a world of different relationships.

Personally, I think the relationship between Mel and Lynn is so well written that it transcends the current story arc. It's a good sign when the reader would be just as happy reading about their everyday adventures (date, grocery store, anything, etc.). You want to know ever more about the characters. LOL In television, that's when a series easily becomes a candidate for syndication.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 17 Mar 15:51
joined Feb 10, 2017

Chapter 43 -

"I have one whole girlfriend right here." She means "a complete girlfriend" right? As in lacking nothing?

Would "cherish" be a more appropriate word than "appreciate"? Lynn wants Mel to still cherish her despite the scars right? (At least I know a lot of post surgery patients worry about that.)

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 3:54PM

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 03 Mar 17:42
joined Feb 10, 2017

Lynn wearing glasses...cute! I wonder how Lynn would look in 10 years time.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 27 Feb 00:12
joined Feb 10, 2017

Chapter 39 - I really wish we knew what Lynn's response was to Mel's emotional outburst. Lynn's smart. I think she's probably partially figured out what's troubling Mel and it would be interesting to hear what she has to say coming from the perspective of someone who has had to face her own mortality on a daily basis. It's always great to see the complexity of Lynn and Mel's characters.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 14 Feb 23:55
joined Feb 10, 2017

Random thought: Does Mel have any living relatives?

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 14 Feb 10:18
joined Feb 10, 2017

LOL The bunnies are definitely cute!!! Thanks!

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 13 Feb 18:48
joined Feb 10, 2017

Aww... I wasn't saying that Lily Love was better, I was simply thinking that it might be cute to see a cameo other than the bunny. As for "learning curves" well... most artists are constantly learning from one page to the next and striving to make something better. Ratana Satis has some awesome skills.

sdcarrot
Pulse discussion 13 Feb 13:52
joined Feb 10, 2017

Does anyone else kind of wish a Lily Love character or two would make a cameo appearance in Pulse? ^_^