Forum › Posts by nakano13

nakano13
Image Comments 02 Mar 16:11
joined Jan 6, 2017
Drpzbzxvsaavh6k-orig

@elevown

They're characters from Star Ocean 3: til the end of time, and no they don't usually have horns, but Devil Claire was featured in the mobile game during a past event.

joined Jan 6, 2017

At this rate, I'd prefer an artist or author set up a Patreon so I can just support them directly rather than relying on this hot mess.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 9:18PM

nakano13
Pulse discussion 17 Nov 14:16
joined Jan 6, 2017

I find it hilarious how Mel made fun of Crystal's "perfectly knotted necktie" when they first met, and how that was the one thing she needed help with on her wedding day from Crystal lol.

nakano13
Spice Girls discussion 16 Nov 00:52
joined Jan 6, 2017

YO, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT,
WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT

SO, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT,
WHAT YOU REALLY, REALLY WANT

I WANNA HUH I WANNA HUH I WANNA HUH I WANNA HUH
I WANNA REALLY REALLY REALLY not picture what actual Spice Girls yuri would look like...

DAMN IT GUYS, YOU BEAT ME TO IT

My exact same thought lol! Made my day to see it as the first comment in the thread! xD

joined Jan 6, 2017

"National Idol Group Center <3 Team Leader"

LOL. All I can think of is Maeda Atsuko and Takahashi Minami from AKB48 (ex-members of the group now btw)

I thought of those exact same people.

I always heard about those two but I always wondered were they a thing or just super shipped together ?

Some said they were an item until Maeda left the group way back 2012. Personally, I think they were just one of those popular ships within the group.

Aw man, Takamina and Acchan...makes me nostalgic for AKB48 when they still had most of their original members~

nakano13
Bridesmaid discussion 13 Oct 18:31
joined Jan 6, 2017

I feel sad about their so called forbiddrn unrequited love and family culture why just cant accept that their daughter is a lesbian i reaaly hate sad endings made my so sad and torned in half its not impossible

They actually got a happy ending! But you have to read Pulse to find out~

nakano13
Pulse discussion 15 Sep 18:40
joined Jan 6, 2017

Maybe Alex was too lazy to post spoiler cuz she was watching Kobayashi or maybe because she had rough day at work and didn't have time to post spoiler hmmmmm

Naw, that can't be it. Has to be something more sinister.

My money's on the illuminati.

My money's on bears.

nakano13
Pulse discussion 08 Sep 12:56
joined Jan 6, 2017

It's called reaction. Just a fan reacting to a scene. Also, just thinking about the possibility of what might happen based on the scene given. No one is disrespecting the author here. :)

I forgot to add this, but my previous comment was not directed towards anyone specifically on this thread, and was mainly a reference to some of the author's fans on FB who have gone to the extent of starting hashtags and making threats because they jumped the gun with their conclusions. Most fans have really great comment contributions, thought-provoking theories, and emotional reactions...speculations are totally great and fun (I've had my fair share of thoughts that have been both wrong and right), but making threats because a story's direction is not to one's liking is not. :)

nakano13
Pulse discussion 08 Sep 10:55
joined Jan 6, 2017

I think everyone should let the scenes play out before jumping to the wrong conclusion and going into hysterics. It's fun to speculate what will happen, and I think it's really great to see fans being so invested in these stories that they get super emotional (and I'm speaking as a fan myself :D)...but I hope some people can respect the direction the story takes and how the author wishes to tell it rather than just spam her with their grief or anger when things don't seem to pan out to their liking before the scene is even completely finished (like they have in previous episodes LOL).

I personally think it would take more than just a car to take down Mel...but if not, welp ...car OP, pls nerf xD.

last edited at Sep 8, 2017 12:57PM

nakano13
joined Jan 6, 2017

I didn't really notice much subtext in 14 either, though that's probably just 'cause it's an MMO.

There isn't blatant subtext in 14, but I have seen short doujinshi featuring Sadu x Cirina lol.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Man this was nice, though the ending was a bit sad, (and cuz I have no context about why one is leaving and whatnot)

In the Love Live Sunshine anime, Mari went to study abroad for 2 years before returning to Japan, and the reasoning behind it made up a large part of the drama and angst in the 1st season.

nakano13
joined Jan 6, 2017

...and man, Fang and Vanille are subtext-y as fuck. Definitely got a yuri vibe from 'em on more than one occasion.

Fang was originally written as a male character too. I'm not sure if she would've been seen as Vanille's lover or just an overprotective body guard in the original script as a male, but regardless, her relationship with Vanille definitely gave me the same vibes throughout the trilogy.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Will you be posting your results here once you finish? I love data, and would be curious to see any interesting trends if you get a large enough sample size!

joined Jan 6, 2017

The reactions, "I have two moms, that's all" "Not blood relation? That doesn't mean we are not family!".... It's straight (heh...) out of an utopian world where gays are not discriminated against. Everything is beautiful and happy.

It can't be the U.S. of today....

If they had been to Netherland, it would have been a bit more believable. They have gay marriage since forever.

NYC's pretty liberal...it's not a utopia, but it certainly isn't the Deep South/Bible Belt.

nakano13
Kase-san discussion 28 Aug 09:46
joined Jan 6, 2017

I hope the episodes are decent length and not 5 minutes long or something. That would be such a tease lol.

nakano13
Pulse discussion 28 Apr 13:42
joined Jan 6, 2017

Of course moving hospitals means working with different staff and most likely more work.

I think the biggest issue here would mean that Mel would be forced to be watched, controlled, and probably screwed around with 24/7 by the manipulative, resentful, and overly obsessed-with-the-ex Sue. Mel's probably got everything Sue wanted (love, dream career, happiness), and Sue probably wants to screw with her in jealousy and inability to "move on" by using Lynn's heart issues to her advantage...

but Sue's also been showing more dynamic qualities as of recent chapters that have shown her in a more human light (not just some cruel bitch), especially with this ep's dialogue, "...Guilty? Regret? What the hell do you know?" Looks like Sue might actually regret her own actions but just cannot seem to admit it.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 3:21PM

nakano13
Pulse discussion 28 Apr 11:15
joined Jan 6, 2017

On a side note a slash like that after a few years would stop hurting i handle swords alot and have gotten worse cuts and am still able to swing around a claymore sue not being able to hold a scalp is just her being a babby.

I always assumed Sue received severe nerve damage (probably in her median and radial nerve) from that accident which would cause a lack of sensation and possibly paralysis in her hand, hence why she dropped the scalpel. Lack of precision with your hands would definitely destroy your chances of being a surgeon, and that would be frustrating as hell to deal with when it's been your life dream.

Should've bought a picture frame with tempered glass...tsk tsk lol.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 11:17AM

nakano13
Kase-san discussion 07 Apr 15:47
joined Jan 6, 2017

Maybe I'm the weirdo, but I find it refreshing when the characters are just allowed to be happy.

I'm with you, I have at least 30 or so chapters/series on this site in my favorites that have more than enough conflict/angst/drama for days/ and such to read. Having a few in there where the couple is just allowed to be happy dealing with things between themselves without the annoying love triangles/squares is kind of nice to have, a little fluff is never a bad thing and one of the things I like about this series thus far.

Yeah, I agree too! I love stories with complex plots and drama, but I think it's refreshing to have some cute fluff to read every now and then where everything is happy and practically gives you diabetes.

nakano13
Pulse discussion 07 Apr 14:22
joined Jan 6, 2017

I feel like Lynn already had a similar expression just before the news too? I'm just hoping it's because she is worn out or possibly because she isn't trying to get her hopes up.

I do get where you are coming from too. I feel it'd be a waste having the whole love game thing they had if Lynn went back on her word.

https://www.facebook.com/ratana.satis/photos/a.788935964499217.1073741832.786519024740911/1270862422973233/?type=3&theater

She posted that back in November...

Lynn seems nervous with the "good news." I mean, In the beginning of the story, she didn't fear dying because that's just how her body was-- never able to live life normally due to constantly being in the hospital-- and she was willing to accept her fate having never experienced much beyond her youthful years. But now, she's fallen in love with Mel which has given both of them a new purpose in life and reason for living, and I think Lynn's starting to get scared and feel more vulnerable that she may actually die as heart surgeries can go wrong.

I think the upcoming drama and tension should be good no matter what happens!

nakano13
Pulse discussion 24 Mar 18:22
joined Jan 6, 2017

Ep.44 - No,no,no Lynn won't die. Come on people be a bit more positive :) I highly doubt it. Specially becouse of all they have been through. I think Lynn's death would only cause Mel to completely shut down and lose all faith in the world . So no. Not in this story :)

Yeah, I'm more concerned about Sue messing with or threatening Lynn during times when she may be alone in her hospital room without Mel there 24/7...

Grace came by.

I just want her and Mel to hug...with all the emotions that went on during her saga-- between Grace's actions of being with an abusive dude and Mel's guilt for practically being the reason for that, they both could use a hug.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 7:23PM

nakano13
Pulse discussion 21 Mar 16:13
joined Jan 6, 2017

What are some of Lynn's hobbies? If I were to try and guess I suppose I could see her sketch/draw because she has such a innate sense of observation. We know she played a video game once and listens to music but there doesn't seem to be a hobby like Mel's ship building. Cooking maybe?

I think she enjoys photography?

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 4:19PM

nakano13
Pulse discussion 18 Mar 12:42
joined Jan 6, 2017

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Well, if you truly skipped reading the entire chapter, then you probably missed out on some of the reveals from the context in it.

I honestly was wondering how Sue got into BDSM in the first place, and this chapter shows the surprising and unexpected introduction to it. From there, we learn (or maybe I'm wrong with this thought) that this newfound sense of "dominance" helped fill the satisfaction that Mel could never really fulfill no matter how much love she gave to her (and she had alluded to this in an earlier chapter).

The ending conversation was also a very sweet moment between Mel and Lynn that is starting to show the reality of the situation regarding the surgery. Lynn's a bubbly and compassionate individual, but deep down she knows the severity of her condition and the possible outcome, and it probably makes her a little insecure with believing whether she's "good enough" for Mel despite Mel making it clear over and over that she loves Lynn from the bottom of her heart (something she thought she'd never be able to do again). Lynn probably feels Mel could go and love anyone else in the world, but chooses to stay with her despite being so close to death...and that's what makes their relationship so beautiful.

I love the storytelling in Pulse, but sometimes I feel that some readers (not calling out anyone specific, just generalizing) are only invested in reading for "hot sexy scenes" and forget that there's even a story being told. I mean, opinions and negative feedback are totally fine, you don't have to enjoy a chapter or the story itself...but I don't think there's such a thing as "the worst chapter" when it comes to this story because all the scenes have had a purpose in driving the plot and characters together.

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 12:43PM

nakano13
Pulse discussion 03 Mar 17:42
joined Jan 6, 2017

RIP kitchen table.

nakano13
Pulse discussion 24 Feb 10:47
joined Jan 6, 2017

The reason I asked about the translation, though, was because I notice the words "Dear" and "Darling" being used as terms of endearment between Mel and Lynn (and between Mew and Donut in Lily Love). And I can't speak for any other native English speakers, but those terms of endearment sound very archaic to my Old Guy ears. Like, those are words I'd expect to hear Cary Grant use in a movie from the '50s. I'm not saying that they're the wrong translation of the original Thai, just that hearing it (or reading it) from a modern-day character sounds kind of odd.

I think because those terms are considered "old-fashioned" ...at least for modern American standards (unless you're from the South haha, then you might hear a "darlin'" from someone with a southern twang). I tend to hear "babe/baby" and "hun (honey)" used most often between couples nowadays.

nakano13
Pulse discussion 13 Jan 11:27
joined Jan 6, 2017

The Friday question~ <3

I was waiting for that to be brought up again~