Forum › Posts by Lady_Rufus

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Well, 600 years later, a vampire arose and somehow, we got some discussion links! I'm using the titles exactly as they were communicated to us at the time, so if there aren't caps, that's just how they're published. I also may not have all of them - so if anyone has any to add or notices certain works missing, feel free to say so here and I'll add them as well.

the moment i realized i wasn't straight

there are many ways to be gay

Born This Way

On the topic at large, I do believe they were received with resounding praise at the time, in much the same vein as her Twitter posts have been!

Yay! Thank you thank you. That was quick. :)

Liking what i'm seeing of the art style.

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Would it be possible to post the links of the forum threads for the removed works here?

I'd sure be interested in reading how the works were received at the time. I'm thinking of donating to her patreon. Really intrigued a the actuality of 'butch/butch' yuri. Surely creating that kind is breaking the rules of the genre. :)

Lady_Rufus
Fuel discussion 04 Jan 22:00
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

to be fair the only character who said she was currently fat was the girl who dumped her? Asshole Kase just said she was gonna get fat if she kept drinking frappuccinos which is. true.

"Asshole Kase."

Bwahahaha.
There's an idea for an arc. What if all Kase's extreme etiquette in the face of impoliteness a huge cover up? What happens if she's repressing all that anger and she suddenly stops?

Lady_Rufus
Fuel discussion 04 Jan 21:58
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Also a pair of tomboys together is so hot. I really want a follow up.

YES more people who get it. Tomboy x tomboy needs to be a yuri subgenre of its own.

Lady_Rufus
Fuel discussion 04 Jan 21:55
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Tomboy x Tomboy= my heaven

We don't see this enough.
If this becomes a thing, can we get a fag dyke tag?

last edited at Jan 4, 2017 10:01PM

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Oooh BURRRN!

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Well that was a relief. Was afraid that the classmates' bullying would cause Miyama to spiral into new found gaygnst but nope, Yuki's (brilliant) comeback made her realise what was truly important to her and allowed her to just not give a damn.

Lady_Rufus
Teach Me discussion 21 Mar 20:46
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Is this going to be continued?

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

"I'm glad I have hayfever." AWWWWWWW

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Haven't been following the discussion but I can't have been the only one who has been obsessed with Life is Strange.

Also, is there any way to turn on email notifications for when someone replies directly to your comment on here i.e. when they quote you?

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Also films featuring lesbian content are known for usually being on the shitty side of things so good luck finding relevant quality films.

Carol looks like it will be something worth watching but looks like it can only end in tragedy.

Is Freeheld out yet? It looks alright.

Also fuck Blue is the Warmest Colour.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

I still need to see Cheerleader, but D.E.B.S. is great fun. Totally over the top, which I appreciate.

The entirety of But I'm a Cheerleader has been uploaded to YT. Albeit with Spanish subs. Don't know if that bothers you...

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

We never did find out her name.

Couple reminds me of Akira and Sae from Hayate x Blade.

That you mentioned it, i have same feeling. Though in HxB, Sae is the teaser..
It's the teasing. I like couples who teased each other this way.
One of my favs after all..

Btw, her name is Kisaragi Hinako. Read the first and last ch, and you'll find out..

Ugh, I completely missed that, thanks.

Yup, I like the dynamic where the tomboy is teased by the traditionally feminine girl and loses her composure. Something cute about that.

last edited at Nov 25, 2015 9:44PM

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

We never did find out her name.

Couple reminds me of Akira and Sae from Hayate x Blade.

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

tomboys are hot!!

YES.

Sorry, nothing to add, just thought this needed to be repeated.

And repeated, again.

Lady_Rufus
Yuri Danshi discussion 14 Nov 16:57
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

'Twould be hilarious if there was yuri fodder right under MC's nose in the form of his sister.

Lady_Rufus
Yuri Danshi discussion 14 Nov 16:46
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Honestly, even as a girl I kinda understand the main character. :D I don't ship real people too often, even though sometimes I do, which can lead to really weird situations because I am also lesbian (though ironically an aromantic one). However I ship almost every two female movie characters that talk to each other or stare at each at other even a little bit, same goes with anime characters. I don't mind that the main character is little bit exaggerated, it's not a real person after all and of course I know, that every yuri fan is different. So for now I gladly approve, we will see what other chapters will bring. :)

Do you mind me asking, how exactly does being an aromantic lesbian work? I just find it hard to imagine, any gay gal I know just seems to be into relationships. Not that they don't think about sex or don't have sex with their partners, but I can't imagine any of the gay girls I know practicing casual sex.

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Oooh goodie. More Mizuki/Moe. I like Kurosawa and how she teases Shiramine (whose tsundereness is getting old at this stage) but I'm rapidly losing interest in the main couple. Plus, Mizuki/Moe is one half bashful tomboy type. ^-^ Also, the gardening girls seem to have a problematic relationship. Girl A (I refuse to look back to see what her name was) completely sabotaged what was important to Girl B and everything she strived for. FTS.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Milk is possibly my favourite yuri mangaka (Jin and Shuninta being the other two) but I just cannot get into this. Yes, I know Milk is best when the romance is ~slooow~ but the premise of this one is not interesting me. I don't really have time to read mange anymore but I might just stick with this seeing as Milk can get good in the proper lead up to a confession, when the realization (and possible angsting) are taking place.

Plot twist: Hana is the former friend but she forgot

Ah hell. This reminded me of a manga I read at some point where something kinda like that actually happens but I can't for the life of me remember what it is or really any details. All I remember is that of the two characters only one remembers being friends or something when they were very young and they're waiting for the other person to remember it. I remember them getting kinda impatient about it too though I don't recall if they revealed it to the other person or not.

Pretty sure that also happens in Gokujou Drops.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Did anyone else think "MAX!" on seeing this: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/she_her_camera_and_her_seasons_ch04#5 ???
Or was that just me?
Oh OK, never mind me, i'll just be leaving now...

Lady_Rufus
Image Comments 20 Jul 14:34
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012
Tumblr_no2tiewyit1tr89gio1_1280

OMG PPL HERE PLAY LiS TOO?

Lady_Rufus
Image Comments 10 Jul 17:14
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

I'm just waiting for the LiS fanart...any day now...
Like we already have Anna x Elsa, a few more western pairings would be alrighty. ^-^

Lady_Rufus
Lily Love discussion 09 Jul 12:48
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

My favorite part about chapter five? The supportive friend. ^-^ I wish they made more appearances in yuri, they are heartwarming. ^-^

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

NOW KISS.

Lady_Rufus
Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Ha, Korra's wearing Wildfang! Good taste.