Forum › Posts by NightRequiem

joined May 30, 2016

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

Yeah the part where she directly told her not to retire the Vtuber character feels odd. Maybe the whole reason she fell for this Vtuber is exactly because she knows it was her best friend and is actually just trying to coax a confession to confirm her suspicion.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Wow Omichi

NightRequiem
Still Sick discussion 14 Sep 02:40
joined May 30, 2016

Shimizu deserved better. Maekawa just kept on dragging Shimizu along without giving much or even anything in return. I felt like she just took everything, leaving Shimizu to keep on compensating for her. Shimizu's too sweet for that manipulative... girl.

joined May 30, 2016

Yuki finally got her highschool fantasy with Mahoro.

NightRequiem
Yuru Yuri discussion 13 Jun 09:38
joined May 30, 2016

By the way, in an anime or manga, if they are watching something on TV, is it considered animated or live action?

joined May 30, 2016

Texas x sheep Suzuran

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

NightRequiem posted:

I don't know what to say. I remember reading stuff by Itou Hachi before that were cute and fluffy. Recently I've been reading the newer works and came across this. Just what happened? I still like the author's works. That art style can make me read almost anything haha. I'm just genuinely surprised.

Their works always had unsettling implications hiding in the background. Just usually the focus on cute and fluffy stuff would distract you from noticing it. The dark staff is simply more visible in more recent works.

Now that you've mentioned it, I do recall that there was an implication of slave trade of these beast girls in Mel's story.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

I don't know what to say. I remember reading stuff by Itou Hachi before that were cute and fluffy. Recently I've been reading the newer works and came across this. Just what happened? I still like the author's works. That art style can make me read almost anything haha. I'm just genuinely surprised.

joined May 30, 2016

Wow, that was sweet and wholesome, I like it.
Also, the Spanish chick did mention in the main story that she works at the seaside hotel which is probably how she got tanned.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Wow, while it did feel rushed, I enjoyed the ending. Nice how things got resolved in the best (?) way possible for those three. I mean, why not? That option seemed to be the best way to go considering how they feel for each other. I thought for a moment that senpai will go for Kou next since the other two are reunited. Oh well, it's a feel good ending and I like it. Though honestly, I would have liked to see more of the teacher.

NightRequiem
SHY discussion 21 Aug 15:34
joined May 30, 2016

Y'know despite the obvious parallels to a certain anime, this is shaping up to be a really promising series.

I don't know which anime you're referring to but with the including of the supposed villains and the MC personality. I'm getting GaRei : Zero vibe here.

Agreed with the GaRei Zero feels. If this one's going to end similarly, well, get ready for something horrible. What made GaRei Zero so heart-wrenching is the set-up leading to the corruption. This one, while feeling a bit rushed, gets the job done I guess. I'm keeping my eye on this one. I want to see where it goes.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

I'm really loving this one but it really hits close to home for me. Haru's reaction to her mother's death just felt so real in that she really doesn't know what to make of it. Actually, looking back, it seems that her nonchalant acceptance is due to the fact that her mother wasn't really all that present in her life as she said but she still hopes that maybe one day she'll be home. Almost made me cry that part.

I agree with the comments that romance seems unfitting at the moment, but we'll see how it turns out. Though honestly, the way things are laid out, I'm hoping that romance is not the way they're going.

As a sidenote, I had trouble focusing on the story in the first few chapters because I kept seeing Midori as Pandoria.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Intriguing, but highly heartbreaking.
I mean it just makes me want to see more why Nene acts as such to Amane even though she is genuinely sweet. Poor Kou just got dragged into all this. The girl just wants to take pictures, damn it! Though it hints that Uchiho is cunning and borderline manipulative but for what reason?

NightRequiem
Please discussion 06 Mar 05:01
joined May 30, 2016

Ohh myy... That hurts so beautifully. To think that it was Hiro who confessed first and that Chiharu was the one that inspired her to strive in the modelling career. Damn that was a horrible way to end and I love it in a really depressing way.

joined May 30, 2016

Last thoughts
It has been a while since I've read the previous volumes but wasn't Master adopted into this family? She wasn't blood related to the owners and such but why did she say that Colette was watching over the manor when she was born implying that the Master was actually born there? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or it was a different manga, I'm not sure anymore.

I noticed this too. My only guess is that Master meant it literally. For instance: Colette has been watching over the manor for 35 years, and Master was born 33 years ago. Not 100% sure but I think there is no implication in the original Japanese that Master was born into the manor.

Ah so it was just to put things into perspective I guess.

It has been a while, I'm not sure if I just can't remember it from the previous chapter, but what was the Master's first name?

She has no name. When in the final page Master says she'll ask Mel to call her by name, this is a joke where the author is acknowledging that no one ever called Master by name throughout the whole series.

Ohhh It was a joke, or maybe just to emphasize how important Mel is to her by being one of the first people she actually asks to call her by name.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 1:44PM

joined May 30, 2016

The ending was so bittersweet that I'm having mixed emotionsss AAGGHH...
Master and Mel finally got what they want and Marie's acceptance and letting go was sweet but sad. I must admit though, the kidnapping chapter somewhat disturbed me and wasn't expecting something as dark as that to be in the author's work. But I enjoyed it nonetheless as it gave an air of realism to the setting.

On to the bitter part of the ending - no it wasn't Marie's letting go, but rather the leaving of Colette behind which I'll argue, is the BEST PART OF THE ENDING!! That part was just so beautiful to me, a stark contrast between the aforementioned bitterness and sweetness, that something had to be left behind in order to move on forward. Just as Colette said, "Choosing something means giving something up", is probably a life lesson that people fail to realize or just don't want to admit. The presentation was just perfect. I was expecting actually a happy ending where they just live happily ever after in the manor but no. I applaud the author for giving us this ending which is actually more fulfilling so to speak. I probably sound ridiculous saying all these things, having learned something profound... in a yuri manga... about an adult lady... and her young beast girl but that's just how I felt and I neeeeeeeeeeed an outlet for these emotions so cut me some slack - I was really surprised that this is already over hahaha.

Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks.

Last thoughts
It has been a while since I've read the previous volumes but wasn't Master adopted into this family? She wasn't blood related to the owners and such but why did she say that Colette was watching over the manor when she was born implying that the Master was actually born there? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or it was a different manga, I'm not sure anymore.

It has been a while, I'm not sure if I just can't remember it from the previous chapter, but what was the Master's first name?

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Personally this is one of my favorites. I really enjoy the pacing of this one and how issues are resolved between the characters. Maybe I'm just biased though, since this is one of the first yuri manga I've read and it stuck with me since then.

joined May 30, 2016

I may have missed it, but was it ever revealed to Tamamo that they know that she's a deity? It seems that people just accepted that she is and no longer hide their reactions. It's funny how Tamamo just casually says stuff related to being a deity without even caring anymore.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

So it seems like Vert is a drunk teacher now

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Wow... Sometimes you just need a good angst to dampen the mood and this does it perfectly. Reminds me of a certain bad end that I have never really gotten over. Agghh... That burning pain...

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

Aimi is such a sweet girl.

joined May 30, 2016

It's such a sweet and well-written romance and I enjoyed it. However, if you think about it, even if the characters weren't from touhou it would still work well. I guess it did help a bit since the author didn't have to establish the individual personalities of the characters and dove straight into the conflict.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chocolat_orange#20
I just love that smug look on her face that screams "Surprised?".

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

So that's how she became like this. It seems she suffers from a horrible trauma. This just became too depressing to read. Hopefully the series will end with her overcoming her trauma or something? I mean it's probably the most logical ending barring bad ends of course.

NightRequiem
joined May 30, 2016

It feels really rushed as everyone was saying. Too much characters just showed up and died almost immediately with little to no background on who they were. No reason was given why the organization does these school battle royale, just to give two girls a wish? Uh.. What?

In the end, it seems that Karen set it up so that she and You can win but didn't really matter when to her when they instead went out the passage since she's getting You anyway. I was expecting Marika and Akane to end up together and they did one way or another, just not romantically. Kind of sweet how they remained loyal (?) to their partners after the years. The hairstyle swap though and the scars were a nice touch.