Forum › Posts by Leon

Leon
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Isn't Yuuichi his first name? Tate would be his last name.

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

BEST SHIP!!! Love this so much

Leon
No Way Out discussion 18 Apr 23:14
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Lesbian Jigsaw strikes again!

I wish someone would use this setting for ships that are supposed to be at loggerheads with each other.

Say... Himawari X Sakurako or Charlotte X Kasumi

Or ships that hate each other with a fiery passion, mhm

Leon
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 10:48
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

They have first names?! LOL

Tomoka-kun (о´∀`о)
Tomoka-chan (///∇///)
KASE щ(゜▽゜щ)

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

shouldn't there be a tag Gender bender for yukari on page 8?

That's Ran, isn't it? What with the short hair and the Yin-Yang.

Damn snappy dresser, though.

The text on page 8 translates to Yakumo Yukari

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

How is Aya a God girl? She is a normal Tengu last I knew.

Well her theme is Wind God Girl

It should have been translated as Wind God Girl in the title as well. No clue why the first word was omitted.

Tengu are sometimes considered gods, as is common for yokai

Never heard them referred to like that in touhou, where there are plenty real Gods, and the Tengu live lower down the holy mountain.and I don't think even mundane villagers would conflate them (though they are holier than humans & youkai).

Only the Great Tengu is considered God-like, but I don't think he is a real God either.

last edited at Mar 14, 2017 10:13PM

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

The elder sister looks like Minami from Idolmaster CG. Walking Sex indeed...

Leon
Image Comments 31 Oct 19:49
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015
[nekotoufu]%2059709351

@Phil This is from the Cinderella Girls series so that isn't Yukiho, she's Riina

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

The cropping makes my skin crawl, but it seems interesting enough.

Even parts of the text were sliced off. I'd offer to help but I have commitment issues and have absolutely zero experience in scanlating, save for the skills needed to do it...

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Leon posted:

takes off wig to reveal slightly shorter hair of the exact same color
What is it with manga and forgetting that extensions are a thing and they're a hell of a lot easier and more real-looking than wigs?

In this case the wig is used to shorten her fringe, otherwise her hair usually covers her right eye and prevents people from recognising her. Somewhat surprised that the fans can't recognise Ten without her right eye though

I mean all Superman had to do was wear glasses and a suit and apparently the love of his life was completely flummoxed.

HAHAHA damn, wonder if she'd identify a llama as Clark Kent if it was donned a suit and wore glasses

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

takes off wig to reveal slightly shorter hair of the exact same color
What is it with manga and forgetting that extensions are a thing and they're a hell of a lot easier and more real-looking than wigs?

In this case the wig is used to shorten her fringe, otherwise her hair usually covers her right eye and prevents people from recognising her. Somewhat surprised that the fans can't recognise Ten without her right eye though

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Wish Ah Ming looks as edgy as she first appeared in the story, or at least similar to the earlier parts. She looks so different now :(

Leon
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

One of my favourite pairings from one of my favourite mangakas. All is well with the world :')

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Teen Sakie is so cute ( 〃▽〃)

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

WAH HAH HAH
cries

Leon
Last Note discussion 28 Apr 12:32
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

I liked the art alot, is this the first time ive seen this Cinderella ship tho? Cause I kinda didn't get it....but then again I havent watched any new Cinderella episodes soo...?
Anyway, I wonder what ither stories we'll see from this author ^_^

They're depicted to be great pals in the Magic Hour radio dramas and have great camaraderie in the mobile game (not to mention teasing Mika to death together in one of the previous events). They are also sometimes shown together in each other's character cards. Shiki never showed up in the anime iirc.

For some reason I never shipped these two though, hmm... Or most of the girls for that matter. I wonder why? (; ; ̄З ̄)

Leon
Natsusuki discussion 20 Apr 22:28
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Needs more puchirella <3

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Does Strawberry Panic complete? I was thinking it abandoned. but...where's the manga?

Strawberry Panic's manga ended at chapter 14 with a cliffhanger. Seven Seas has published the entire series as a single collection despite that in 2010, so it's safe to say that it has ended serialisation in Japan long ago.

Can't help you with a link to the manga though, since I don't read it online

For the complete story, you could try looking for the light novels instead but I can't remember whether there are any discrepancies in both versions. Probably aren't any.

Leon
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

... So what was the pun?

The pun was the yukata with「殺」printed all over it.

The title then becomes "The incident of the 「殺」person" rather than "The murder case"

What a pun. My brain just twisted a little.
Thanks for the explanation :)

Leon
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

... So what was the pun?

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Even the credits page is hot, dayum (///▽///)♪

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 8:43PM

Leon
Philosophia discussion 27 Dec 09:55
Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

I call B.S. on the younger sister thing, that's Tomo! I swear it! She faked her death and everything is okay now.

--- Spoilers Please dont read if you havnt read the manga (I suggest you do if you havn't its a awesome hour read) ----
Well tbh you could actually be right, which in my current mindset I'm agreeing with so I don't cry ._.

Does anybody remember her mom saying something along the lines of " I wish we could of lived happily just the four of us " (Mom, Dad, Tomo, Little BROTHER) And + the "little sister" ( if that wasn't Tomo ) was at least a near adult and would of had to been a sister of the Tomo to even look like that so why didn't she live with her Tomo...?

Also the "little sister" has the same glasses, same outfit that Tomo wore earlier in the manga and put her hands in her pockets the same way......

Finally Tomo said "Don't wait for me" that means she planned on coming back.... (+Her body was never found)

Anyways past my blabbing I really feel like that was actually Tomo and the author is just playing with the readers who don't pay enough attention. ( Hopefully ._. )

Did some research at 1am while mourning over Tomo's 'death' again, and I have come to the conclusion that the 'Tomo' (decided to call her Chi instead to avoid confusion) is Tomo's younger sister.

First of all, I confirmed that she is definitely not Tomo as:
- Chi has the same hair colour as Tomo's stepmother
- Chi shown no signs of aging, as compared to Ai who now has some eyelid detail to denote her aging.

Secondly, it is also confirmed that Chi is definitely not Tomo's younger brother as:
- Chi has eyelashes, which shows that she is a female. Shuninta never draws her male characters with eyelashes (with reference to Ayame 14 vol 2 where at least four male characters were shown to support my assumption)
- Difference in facial features, as Shuninta does not depict her characters with a drastic appearance change as they age (again, with reference to Ayame 14 vol 2, which shown Ayame and Sango as children, teenagers and adults It'll show up eventually on Dynasty Scans ^^;;)
- Chi stated that she was born after Tomo disappeared. Tomo's brother was born already.
- Subtle boobs
- It would be in bad taste to depict Ai falling for Tomo's brother, since Shuninta is so well-known for her yuri works. Just my opinion.

Hence, my conclusion that Chi is Tomo's younger sister.

Also did some quick calculation on their ages based on what I know, which may be wrong so please correct me.

At the time of Tomo's disappearance, Ai should be around 19 years old since the common age for the Japanese to enter university is 18 and Ai is into her second year already, iirc.

Assuming that Chi was born in the same year when Tomo disappeared and entered university at 18, Ai would be around 37 years old. I think it is unlikely that Chi is born in the same year, as her mother was not shown to be pregnant during the time so the age gap may be even wider.

End of report, I'll show myself out now o-o

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 10:10AM