Forum › Posts by YeShallBeAsGods

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

In case anyone is curious about the next part, it's been translated on Danbooru: http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/12674.
It's mostly flashbacks, though.

I'll still hold out for the SAD version though. And my phone screen will remain as the cover from chapter one until then!

So lied, but I'm switching my phone screen back to the cover for good luck!

Might break down and read the garbo translation though

YeShallBeAsGods
Othello discussion 28 Apr 21:46
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Some of her characters are like Shakespeare villains and some of her stories are about acting, but nothing in this story is even remotely related to Othello. No lies, no deception, no manipulation, no killing, no madness, no smiling villains.

Now her one shot Roundabout, Othello would've been a perfect title

I'm guessing that Othello refers to the game rather than the play. The game uses black and white pieces so the title is probably referencing how one girl wears black and one white.

Yeah, it's totally the game. I read Othello the play just after the first time I read this, so the two stuck together in my mind. Plus, Otsu Hiyori tends to have those smiling villains the same way Shakespeare does.

Also, featured story helllllll yeah.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 9:47PM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I remember when my mom called the Playstation a Nintendo. It's a flashback here and likely happened around that Era because it was never the later systems that Mom got confused. Maybe the absolute beginning of the Ps2 era. And in those age calculations, I'm Sanae's age. Uninformed parent checks out

last edited at Nov 13, 2017 6:28PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Touko keeps saying she's trying not to fall in love with her and our two hints are that Shiori is either some kind of cute animal or a nymph seducing adults. It sounds like she either used Touko on purpose, or used her and left her unintentionally. The page of the prequel makes it seem like Shiori knows exactly what she's doing.

last edited at Oct 28, 2017 5:57PM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Those glass classrooms, they know the fear of the panoptican!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

In case anyone is curious about the next part, it's been translated on Danbooru: http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/12674.
It's mostly flashbacks, though.

I'll still hold out for the SAD version though. And my phone screen will remain as the cover from chapter one until then!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I'm mostly struck by what seems to be a massive tone shift.

Up until now, the series' only portrayal of combat was a bunch of townspeople throwing food at each other. Suddenly, we get hints that Hakumei is an ex-paramilitary demolitions expert, see members of her old company packing actual swords and rifles, and learn her old boss built that company by "converting" a band of thieves that tried to immolate her.

Well, we did get very close to life-threatening combat in this scene from much earlier in the series. I feel like Hakumei's behavior in it will be given some very interesting context with the upcoming chapters. It's probably more than coincidence that that earlier encounter is followed by Hakumei's introductory mention of Emerald's caravan...

Are we reading the same manga? This all fits with her background as a traveler. The tone seems the same as ever, if not lighter without the threat of drowning inside an undead fish.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

It's been too long since I've read something akin to a children's book. This was pretty good.

Sounds like you should be reading Karaagetarou.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Soon the yuri power will be in overdrive

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Still comedy gold

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This was like a throwback to old school yuri oneshots that have bittersweet endings xd. So nostalgic.

Throwback? This is the real deal!

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This manga is one bizarre trip.
Going full Samuel Beckett in 3...2...1...

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

The life of a Japari Park Uber driver is a solitary one

When Attenborough narrates your yuri.

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 25 Jun 00:45
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
56824818_p2

More Claymore!

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 12 Jun 23:37
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
Tumblr_louu5kcfjp1qe9g4mo1_500

@elevown I think it's a reference to how Kaguya talks in Cage in Lunatic Runagate. Which is to say long monologues on ZUN physics

last edited at Jun 12, 2017 11:39PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Tell it Hokuto! Japan seems fairly guilty of, though I guess most countries still are, the wife as second class citizen or house servant.

YeShallBeAsGods
Image Comments 07 Jun 22:26
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015
Sexy_lesbian_andriods_by_rdsullivan

There ain't none what be good. Not that I'm that adept at searching pixiv.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Cultural relativism my ass. I taught students a bit older than this when I was 26 and the idea of dating them was appalling. As was pointed out, their grasp on the world and their place in it was tenuous at best and, while not nearly as pronounced as middle and high school teachers, the power dynamic was all too clear. And not just institutional. Your understanding of the world means you have to be the mature adult. A kid sleeping with everything with a pulse is someone who needs help.

That being said, in the fantasy land of yuri, this is gonna be a great time.

And in large chunks of America, it's legal to marry at any age. The BBC just did a horrifying special on it.

What's more interesting here is the question of why kaoru thinks she was responsible for the divorce? And, which one of her friends is the teacher?

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 2:07AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

But what if it was Don't Stop Me Now by Queen!?
But what if!?

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This is possibly one of my favorite scanlators ever.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

It sucks for the husband. Also, kind of a dumb reason to fall for her. Because she said her name? Does her husband not do that?

At least in fiction, a lot of married couples with kids refer to each other as "mom" and "dad", the same as the kids.

Still though, seems like a dumb reason.

It's safe to say that brand of crushing existentialism doesn't just come from a happy, fulfilling life. Seems like there's more issues in the background, though nothing in the text explicitly points to it.

But!

What do these three flowers mean in the language of the flowers!?

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 1:25AM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

It's not the loli/pedo angle that gets me, it's the slave and collar angle. Like, kid's life is over before it even began. No education, already in the labor force. It's basically a child marriage, like in New Hampshire. Nutters in over half the states can marry at any age.

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 12:37AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Not to say Japan is one of those places but jeeeeeeesus work on how you talk about gender identity maybe.

Nope.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This was so great... i wonder why it doesn't have more comments.

I like it. A good reminder that nature will outlast us all, though it still might come back to get us

YeShallBeAsGods
Yurucamp discussion 30 May 00:13
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Camping gear is great! Word to the wise: Wal-Mart tents are hilariously durable and cheap. Scarily cheap for the quality. As in, who's getting extremely exploited to get us these tents?