Forum › Posts by Srph

joined Aug 31, 2015

I thought the extras would be extra cute, but they're just normal.

last edited at Jun 24, 2021 6:58AM

Srph
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 16:15
joined Aug 31, 2015

The lesson I learned that day was that you put the cap back on when you want to shake your pen.

This made me fish out my old trusty Parker pen (not used for at least a year or two), plug in a full cartridge and check that it still writes as smooth as on day one.

Srph
Chevaliere discussion 19 Jul 16:27
joined Aug 31, 2015

why calling her "Cerisier"(french) ? why not just let "Sakura" ? for me reading sakura is more cool than "ceriser". Hum but i think we'll see a lot of feet weird position in this manga.

Get a wife just like that ? lucky you.

Because for a Japanese reader, a French word is a lot cooler than a bland "Sakura".

A shame, they barely miss the mark, as Cerise is a legit first name but not Cerisier. Same with Jasmine.

Srph
New Game discussion 12 Nov 04:55
joined Aug 31, 2015

Correct me if I'm wrong... but Rin just warned Kou about the prostitutes in Paris???

I haven't been to Paris, so I wouldn't really know, but I read it as her warning her about thieves or whatnot. Reading it again, that doesn't really make sense either, but I guess they could say "Hey, I'm being nice to you, so you better pay me money" or something? Or maybe it's like those people in Central Park who give you a free CD and force you to pay money for others...? God, why I am overthinking one sentence.

More like every place that has a lot of tourists, you find these guys trying to get some easy cash. "Are you lost? Can I help you?" and so on... They act nice at first, but then you'll discover they took 10€ for a 2€ metro ticket or that your wallet is gone.

Like I said, I haven't been to Paris, so I have to ask... is it really culturally acceptable to platonically kiss your friends in a public place or is it just like those anime that say "it's fine to kiss your friends on the lips, that's what they do in America!"?

Let's cut this in two parts:
A) What kind of kissing is acceptable?
- cheek to cheek contact: common greeting for female/female, male/female situations. Can happen between two men, but less frequent and more of a southern thing (Italy's influence maybe?). Known in French as la bise.
- lips to cheek,neck,etc contact: relatives, close friends or flirting people. Called un bisou.
- lips to lips contact: lovers or close relatives (e.g. a parent sending off their young kid at the school gate). Also un bisou.
- deep kissing: do I need to spell it? :D It's referred to as un baiser (be carefull, baiser as verb usually means to fuck).

B) What can you do in public? All of the above, no one cares and it's not public indecency. The strongest reaction you might have is when a couple is deep kissing at cafe and they're making a lot of smooching sounds, so people or going to mumble about being annoyed by that.

Also, is Christine Christina's sister or is that someone else? I think I'm just confusing my characters, but Christina did say she was half-French, right?

I think the Yamato sisters are Christina (at Eagle Jump and the parent company), Catherine and Sophie. And yes they're half-french (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch52#16).

You would probably have an easier time showing off Paris using the metro rather than struggling with the traffic

Definitely, but I don't think showing the train station is really glamorous, except perhaps for the lines that go above the ground.

True. I was told the best way is to do it by bus (public transport) with the help of a true parisian.

Srph
New Game discussion 09 Nov 01:38
joined Aug 31, 2015

@Skyrin interesting theory :D It prompted me to check a few names I know on maps: Ubisoft, Arkane, Dontnod and Quantic Dream. Out of them , QD's office surroundings are the most similar, but the building's a bit different. Kou's right, it's nice indeed around there.

@Klice definitely Gare du Nord: the train has a yellow livery so it's the Eurostar. My reaction is due to the set up of picking up Kou by car there. You would probably have an easier time showing off Paris using the metro rather than struggling with the traffic

Srph
New Game discussion 08 Nov 15:59
joined Aug 31, 2015

As a French, I notice:
1. P1 How the hell does Kou ends up in Gare du Nord? The underground there is good place to get your wallet stolen, so Rin's advice is a good one.
2. P3 Most likely her name would be written Catherine Towa Yamato, having two first names like Christina.
3. P4 Wow, Catherine's pay is good. Getting a Porshe there means you have quite the disposable income.
4. P7 Yup, she's definitely rich, that garden is huge if this is anywhere close to Paris.
5. P7 Cuteness overload! But girls wouldn't dress like this. Sophie's summer dress is less questionable though.
6. P8 Guillotine windows aren't really typical.

Anyway, the chapter was nice. Playing again the card of the French greeting kiss, huh...

joined Aug 31, 2015

Ooh raclette, just when the temperatures are getting low enough to enjoy it.

They forgot the pickles. Any swiss to confirm you can't have it without the pickles?

Srph
joined Aug 31, 2015

I just love how this manga is not about magic but about a witch and her life.

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 2:35PM

joined Aug 31, 2015

This is true genius. Not afraid of being ridiculous and bit cute.

joined Aug 31, 2015

This needs a sausage swelling tag.

Srph
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 15:08
joined Aug 31, 2015

Less extreme: use the point, you can picture the character dashing fast. Much epic.

Srph
Yuru Yuri Web youtube 19 Sep 10:00
joined Aug 31, 2015

Now even Sakurako eats Ayano's pudding...

Srph
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 09:52
joined Aug 31, 2015

^Speaking about that, the fencing is half-assed too. I know nothing of fencing but I doubt you'll achieve much by jumping with your sword pointing upwards. From what I understand, training is all about stances in fencing.

This has potential, but first chapter was quite average to me. Let's see if this goes nicely in subsequent chapters.

Srph
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 05:53
joined Aug 31, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/duel_ch01#23 What a rack.

And the half-assed French here and there bothers me. If you have to add French, at least make it so the grammar is correct.

Wimp! Ennuyer!

Srph
joined Aug 31, 2015

I actually don't like baguettes. The crust tends to be too thick, and if you slice it it goes "against" the bite.

This is the case with cheap industrial baguettes. If you ever had a good one, the crust is not hard nor thick and the taste is just wonderful. I often got scolded by my parents for eating a third of the baguette when I go t this for fetch some.

Srph
joined Aug 31, 2015

Page 4

Baguettes are high-tier even in the world of bread.

Yup, baguette is best bread indeed.

Noa is so cute, it's like you instantly wnat to pet her and give her snacks.

joined Aug 31, 2015

Lol, I like how in page 4 the sign says "Yuri room".
Always a useful house division to have.

I don't want to crush your dreams but it reads " Yui's room".

Srph
Introduce Yourself..? 11 Sep 15:24
joined Aug 31, 2015

Wasn't here in a few days. I'm always amazed in which direction the comments go.
Just imagined all people from this thread in one room could be kinda interesting ^^

It'd be more like...most wouldn't talk to each other.. I would be in a pretty corner wondering stuff

Don't destroy my imagination xP
From what I have seen so far.... we would have a German corner.....the shipping guys....lurking people and manga discussion group.
If you stay there alone someone might walk up to you and start to flirt :P

..Can I join German corner? I'll just keep asking for a cold beer.

Everyone who ask for a cold beer is welcomed to join us.

I'm jumping over the language barrier to join you then.

Srph
Introduce Yourself..? 11 Sep 03:45
joined Aug 31, 2015

Srph here. French, male 24yo.
I enjoy games, anime, manga, food and drinking.

Yuri is not what I ship the most, but I find it nice and cosy here.

Also, I guess I'm crawling out of the lurkers' shadow grounds.

joined Aug 31, 2015

My little rant about chapter 1:
That's not how you slice a baguette to make a sandwich you damn ignorant mangaka! Baguette lovers would be highly displeased if you showed them what happened in ch1. The Google image link a few posts above shows some properly made sandwiches, with the baguette cut open lengthwise.
That said, I enjoyed the first two chapters and am looking forward new culinary developments.

Srph
joined Aug 31, 2015

Note "Pan de Peace" is an homophone of "Pain d'épices" in French.

EDIT: In fact Srph already said it, sorry. >_<

No worries ^_^
In fact it makes me want to eat some.

Srph
joined Aug 31, 2015

The title seems to be a play on words with the language of baguettepeople where "Pain d'épices" is a type of cake similar to gigerbread.