Forum › Posts by Drew8898

joined Aug 6, 2015

life is already so much better now that this has uploaded again

joined Aug 6, 2015

I usually get mad at April Fools updates here, but this one was solid. Worth the read.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

The priestess seems like the most interesting character so far.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

Fem Byleth married Edelgard on my first FE3H playthrough. otp right there. Was obvious Edelgard wanted Byleth on day 1.

joined Aug 6, 2015

What a nostalgia trip. I used to read Zetsubou Sensei a ton over a decade ago.

joined Aug 6, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chio_chan_no_tsuugakuro_ch39#25

yep. that's like the majority of twitch female streamers last I checked.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Honestly, this chapter felt like it would have been better spread out between 2 chapters with the call with the mother being the climax of the first and the kiss for the second.

I critique because I love.

joined Aug 6, 2015

chapter 11: Spooks are funny and all, but was the character design finished. That's all I can think about.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

That escalated quickly.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

this cliffhanger is brutal

joined Aug 6, 2015

Best pairing to usher in the new year.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I feel like in a narrative sense, we were owed a conversation between the girls after last chapter. For this chapter to completely drop the ball in that regard is really disappointing. However, the Botan cuteness levels were off the charts in what we got, so it's not too terrible to miss out on it.

Drew8898
New Game discussion 26 Nov 10:45
joined Aug 6, 2015

I hate fanservice chapters like this.

Why though?

A good question to ask yourself when determining if fanservice is acceptable or not is "would the material lose anything if the fanservice shots were removed?"

In this instance, I would say nothing would be lost. We could have the same chapter, with the same dress up scenes, with the same cuteness, but not have any underwear shots. The focus of the chapter is a bunch of girls having fun trying on outfits. To me, the primary part of such a scenario like this would be the outfits and the girls' reactions to them.

What relevance did the bra and panty shots serve towards the chapter's theme of "girls having fun trying on different outfits?"

None of the dialogue referenced their underwear. It would have been borderline acceptable if they were also picking out underwear that went with the outfits they were trying out, but that wasn't the case. The underwear shots existed specifically as fanservice without any relevance to the chapter at all. Fanservice for fanservice sake. I hate that.

Drew8898
New Game discussion 26 Nov 07:29
joined Aug 6, 2015

I hate fanservice chapters like this.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

What a weird coincidence. Someone asks about death/petrify here last chapter and it death magic gets mentioned in the very next chapter. Neat.

I hope next chapter features friend day.

Drew8898
Left Out!! discussion 14 Nov 06:23
joined Aug 6, 2015

Parsee should have been drawn in the background smirking in a few places. Jealousy levels are off the charts.

joined Aug 6, 2015

One down, one to go. We're gunna have to wait until their little competition reaches a conclusion for a big confession to happen, though, even if they both realize it's love. It'll be glorious when it happens, but it's a shame it won't happen soon.

Seems like the student council candidates are going to be our next pair. Here's hoping they are interesting.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

YuuParu is one of the best Touhou pairings. I'll accept nothing else from these two aside from being together after being exposed to so many good stories featuring these two.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Feels like there's a page or two missing at the end. Gotta wait for the next chapter again. >.<

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

So, if she has no magic resistance, why has no one hit her with petrify or ko, or something else along those lines.

To be fair, I believe the story established that Goblin's usual stomping grounds is one for mostly newbie adventurers. If this series uses the established RPG ailment spell tropes, that things like petrify or death would be mid to late tier spells newbie adventurers wouldn't have access to. Sleep, especially a single target sleep, is generally an early game spell.

At least if my knowledge of classic Final Fantasy is anything to go by.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

I'm really not happy that there's heavily implied non-consensual sexual acts in chapter 9. The succubus is the worst part of this series.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

filler chapter already? what a waste.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

Ahagon "About this pee..."
what the heck was she going to say?!

More than being disgusted by the premise, I'm curious about what came after this as well. Here's hoping there's a pee company #3, I guess. Never thought I'd type anything like that.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Oh man. We may be 1 chapter away from the glorious Botan end.

So hype.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

I'll take any Wriggle x Yuuka that I can get.