Forum › Posts by joeybackpackz

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Despite none formal art, I reaaaaaally love the story and the depths and the character development and the gestures and gaaah. It's so well done, Kuma is so grate. The story hooked me and I'm not even going to lie, to me it's a lot better than what's going on right now in the real arc.

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

are they canon yet

joeybackpackz
Image Comments 02 Nov 08:22
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015
B-2d8w4viaa4baj

Aaaangst!

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Art is clean and simple, also very close to original. Good job, Madako-sensei.

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Oh wow that was actually good.

Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

I crey er time :'C

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

YES IT'S BACKKKKKKKKKK

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Tsundere perfected

joeybackpackz
Yuri Danshi discussion 02 Oct 22:12
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Goggled danshi

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Why didn't I find this series sooner before Hibike! Yuri Hell hit in the summer?

Loved it, wish to see more of it! I'm feeling a weird mix of relief and disappointment that they didn't actually kiss.
Things aren't rushed even for a short one-shot-ish series. Though this is something I've seen many times in shoujo series, it's nice seeing it Yuri version. And that smirk! Oh gudnesssss.

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 11:04PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Hnnghh, this is a perfect excuse to see Akaga rewind back from the beginning. I would've loved to see the history between them in the show but this makes up for it for now. Until season 2? :D

The art is very well done, not to mention, the plot and story were better than I expected, this author really pulled it off! I love it! What I appreciate most here is that the characters are actually themselves and pretty intact to the series even though the tone is pretty serious and grim, but the artist has pulled it off really well. Gewd job, artist, gewd job :,D

last edited at May 14, 2015 6:24PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Maybe it's just me but this really reminds me of Sacchi's manga from "Manga no Tsukurikata," which unfortunately isn't very reputable around here, but nonetheless still one of my top favorites. As for this series, social anxiety is a serious issue that some people struggle with (myself included), but I'm glad that it could be illustrated in such a light-hearted manga. Even though that might understate the reality of it, the message is conveyed pretty well, if Bocchi wants to make friends she'll have to open up and initiate, and there has to be effort on both sides despite some thinking that friendship comes intrinsically.

I also like the little details like the brash classmate/newfound friend of Bocchi having to sound like a completely different person on texts and overuse of emoticons, the awkward tension when the other person is on their phone, etc

last edited at May 14, 2015 2:37PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Nice.

By the way, I assume when you mentioned that the image quality will be better, you're referring to how the YP team now has higher quality raws and even further cleans up the images (remove all the JPEG artifacts, so on), right?

You are correct. Also, it was because in the earlier days of this manhwa it was sized for mobile, so the images were very small. Since it's up on the web now, we get the quality adjusted for bigger screens, which is nice :D

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Also, randomly...

joeybackpackz
Y U NO MAKE OTHER FAN VIDEOS (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Lol, jk, but I do really like this one that you made a while back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXoQ7a0plw0
Has more than 10000 views too.

Yeah I did have in mind that maybe style has to do with it but seeing how the art's been changing over the chapters I'm leaning more towards the lack of time. Or intentional change of style? Who knows :I

Glad you like it! No fancy video editor nor editing skills for me (stuck with Window Movie Maker) but I'll be making another one this month. This time the image quality won't suck so badly haha, and choosing songs is fun!

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Fan art-- err, author art by ssamba:

Original:
http://i.imgur.com/5VnB8fC.jpg

From the TOAST Facebook page (as in comico.toast.com):
https://www.facebook.com/playtoast/photos/a.466730923457905.1073741828.397956837001981/655064254624570

(Doesn't say it's from ssamba, but pretty sure Comico asked the different webtoon authors to draw their respective manhwa characters to make up that promotional banner.)

Not going to lie, I wish ssamba would color her other chapters like she did with this piece. Maybe it's just the style or time constraint that affected her other pieces, this is especially nice to look at as the colors are clean and in line.

joeybackpackz
joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Did ssamba just.

That was so a 50Shades reference lull

Holy crap, maybe that was actually the movie Norae was watching a couple of chapters ago.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 10:17AM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

No-rae has the same shirt (?) that the girl who appears in the avatar of this user: joeybackpackz

Oh hay tharr. That girl would be Im Yoona. YoonYul is my everlong OTP, but that's not to be discussed any further here. I psyched out and had to do a double take when I saw a shoujo-ai manhwa hovering around le webz. Really glad it didn't jump into smexy time nonsensically (no offense to those who've preferred it that way), but boy does the manhwaga like teasing.

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Do not fear halmoni is here

LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

Enjoy!

Ayeee gaaaarl c;

Thanks a lot, you magical Korean yuri wizard (lulwut)

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:30PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

Gah, dying for the translations.

D'aw Seola is such a gentleman. I was a bit confused to the sudden transitioning of this chapter from the last. Still wondering what happened to that dude from 2 chapters ago who wanted to rendezvous with Seola.

Halmoni halpp!

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:29PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

This manga's original title is 'seolleneun gibun'.
The word 'gibun' means mood in Korean, however, the meaning of the word 'seolleneun' is a bit different from fluttering.
it is similar to the feeling that make one's heart leap with hope or love, etc. so, it is a very positive meaning.
and seol-ah will be better notation for name than seol-a as noh-rae.
Also, 'seolleneun' = seol(of seol-ah)+rae(of noh-rae)+~neun(just like ~ing or ~ed)
it is playing on words.

my first language is not English, and i'm not good at English... so, my explanation may be wrong..please skip incorrect grammar

That's quite interesting! Thanks for sharing with us :)

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

Rose, not to be offensive, but you tend to bash Citrus in almost all of your posts. :/ I get you hate it, but...

OT: I'm actually surprised people assume a male character in a yuri story automatically = love interest. I see the guy as another mop head from Their Story; he's there to support the characters in their relationship. If he sees Seol-a as a dear little sister, I don't see him trying to get in the way of her and No-Rae.

I'm tempted to read the rest of the chapters, but I think I'll wait until they're uploaded on Dynasty.

I put all this in spoiler because maybe it was intentional
Isn't this guy Seol A real brother ? The first chapters are confusing but I think i've read in one of the laters that he is indeed her brother.

Crane made this on 4chan:
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10926456_1540968956152077_6899226688388193026_n.jpg?oh=2c86ef2aa56d86e1da4b52b2791e0808&oe=5530B208

^That character map should help.

About the guys in this story: honestly, I think it's refreshing how guys actually exist and have plot roles in this shoujo-ai series. Why? Not just because it's realistic, but it illustrates that competition can be faced head on, no matter what the gender is. I personally hate biased stories where one gender is seemingly made an enemy to the other just because it's a shoujo/shounen ai genre and the characters with opposite gender to the MC get little or ridiculous roles. For me, it's much more appealing and reasonable if the author treated all genders the same way while illustrating our MCs' growing relationship.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 6:10PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

I watched the raw version of chapter 19(cuz I can't really wait for the translation to come up, I'm impatient) and all I can say is too much teasing, they clearly like each other

That's funny, the author IS teasing us, but it comes from Seola's having obvious feelings (at the same time questioning it...? GARL. IT'S LOVE.) and Norae being oblivious to the obvious.

Aww... have you got a link to the raw version?

From 4chan scans group (praise the heavens for them) here are the dialogues: LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

The latest raw (ch 19): LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:45PM

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

I watched the raw version of chapter 19(cuz I can't really wait for the translation to come up, I'm impatient) and all I can say is too much teasing, they clearly like each other

That's funny, the author IS teasing us, but it comes from Seola's having obvious feelings (at the same time questioning it...? GARL. IT'S LOVE.) and Norae being oblivious to the obvious.

joeybackpackz
Otp
joined Jan 4, 2015

That was way more cliche than I expected.

Can't say I don't agree, but at least it's not the usual pace where the characters just simply couple up after only a few chapters without any depths and development. If I can say, I LIKE this kind of cliche, but what I'm really looking for here is HOW it'll be illustrated and presented to us even though there are some very obvious parts we can already mend together.