Forum › Posts by Ilsaya

joined Aug 30, 2013

Right, so, the light-haired woman in Topaze and .925 look the same. The dark-haired woman in .925 and this one look the same.

The dark-haired woman is named Mikasa Yui in this one (you can see her first name on the first page, the first panel from the last row), Morikawa in Topaze (a different person altogether), and Yui, only her first name, in .925.

Maybe Yui only wanted a casual relationship, and once Maiko realized that, she moved on.

last edited at Nov 7, 2013 4:01AM

joined Aug 30, 2013

The art style is similar to this one:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/resonance
Same artist?

That and Look, too. Hm...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/look

last edited at Sep 10, 2013 9:56AM

Ilsaya
Anemone discussion 06 Sep 20:16
joined Aug 30, 2013

I've always hated it when I'm reading one of these and the "aggressor's" whole rational for doing this to someone even when they're struggling and pleading is "you say no, but your body says you like it" or "you wouldn't be so aroused if you didn't like it." Christ, that's such stupid logic!

It's like most hentai/ecchi mangaka doen't get the fact that you can literally force someone into a state of arousal/force them to climax. The only time I can think of where someone points out the difference between desire and simple reaction to stimulation is in Mikuni Hajime's "Gokujou Drops" (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/gokujou_drops). I can't remember which chapter it, but it's one of the later ones.

Also... Maybe it's a Japanese thing, but I never understood the whole "arousal = shame" logic that so many of the females in manga seem to have. They're always saying something like "No, don't look!" or "I'm so sorry, you must think I'm some kind of pervert?". But that's just my take on it, as a westerner and a guy...

Maybe the whole shame thing adds to the appeal... But, I totally agree with you. It's abuse no matter how much they try to justify their actions so long as the girl says she doesn't want/like it.

It's probably not just for the Japanese, pretty sure all my lady friends think going down and the like are disgusting. I think it's more of how sex is viewed in the society (my country is comprised of mostly Catholics and Christians, too) and how much society tries to make women who do like sex to be this disgusting, sex-crazed woman instead of a person who just really enjoys having sex and well, the quality of sex education in schools.

Ilsaya
joined Aug 30, 2013

i just happened to stumble upon this and read that this has a continuation on yurihime wildrose #7. i'm sure it'll be worked upon by Lililicious. here's a preview. i just hope the story will resolve happily

Definitely looking forward to this.

last edited at Sep 6, 2013 8:30AM

Ilsaya
Anemone discussion 03 Sep 08:56
joined Aug 30, 2013

The cuddling part was so cute but then it went down hill... More cuddling yuri please! ahha

I wouldn't mind reading 27 pages of two women just cuddling because it would be just so cute. lol

Ilsaya
joined Aug 30, 2013

I freaking love Vivit Gray. I thought the sex scene was incredibly tender and not at all exaggerated. And they made Keine and Mokou so adorable.

Ilsaya
Anemone discussion 02 Sep 19:42
joined Aug 30, 2013

You can't rape the willingling (?)

Hm, I don't think she was willing...

Ilsaya
joined Aug 30, 2013

Dont like the art at all- i wonder why when manga get done by none japanese (i think this is korean?) they often just dont look right.. Also reading right to left seems totaly unnatural by now lol.

Tima's other works don't look like this, wonder why the art changed a bit here. Changing reading order certainly takes some getting used to, sometimes I forget to read from left to right/right to left which means I get confused by the order of the dialogue. lol

last edited at Sep 1, 2013 6:41AM

joined Aug 30, 2013

Love Tima's art.

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 11:56
joined Aug 30, 2013

Oh, cool, more word games! Here's a cookie!

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 11:32
joined Aug 30, 2013

Yup, that it. If you want me to say you "won" then I'll say it. No problem with that. If I assumed wrongly, then I assumed wrongly.

But, it just seems you can't handle the truth of being disagreed upon either. You just said that people who can't disprove you should "be quiet", so I suppose they can just keep their opinions to themselves, too, eh?

Oh, but I'm still assuming so feel free to invalidate my opinion, too.

EDIT: Call it whatever you want, we were disagreeing, so I would probably call it a dispute. But, yeah, whatever floats your boat.

last edited at Aug 30, 2013 11:35AM

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 11:17
joined Aug 30, 2013

I didn't "invalidate" their opinion by saying non-factual things (The things I said weren't subjective, they are factual) like citrus is not a cliché manga because, how many pseudo-incest, yuri mangas have you seen?

I don't really mean to butt into this conversation - arguing on the internet is tough for me because so much of my opinion is lost in the transition from my mind to the screen - but it's possible that lucamarte was not so much criticizing the premise of Citrus (which is decently original) but the execution (which isn't). There aren't many pseudo-incest stories out there, true, but the characters, the writing and the dialog of Sabourato's manga are often very cliche - not to mention awkward - with little to no charm or humor to them. Those last two qualities often end up saving other similarly cliched manga, but there's none of that to be found here.

Of course, it's entirely possible that lucamarte was criticizing the premise itself and not the execution, in which case this should probably be ignored.

Also, I guess I should mention that I do actually like Citrus, Yuri (and romance manga in general) being the one genre in which I'm willing to forgive anything if a story is cute enough. Basically, my comment is a tad hypocritical is what I'm saying.

Yeah, this is definitely a much better explanation.

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 11:12
joined Aug 30, 2013

This is soo goood. But I think IIsaya is just playing the word game. You basically repeated what namorifan said. Just enhancing it as your own. But im not teaming on anyone's side. Don't mind me.

But I just really like clarifying statements. lol

@Secretnamorifan11, sorry if I've pissed you off. And if you weren't and was just mildly amused, that's cool, too. lol Peace!

Ilsaya
Anemone discussion 30 Aug 11:06
joined Aug 30, 2013

Does anyone know if the title has any significance to the story whatsoever? Was just curious is all.

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 11:02
joined Aug 30, 2013

No, it was reading the ART of this manga. And I quote:

Again, art is beautiful, but I have few feelings when /reading the manga of this art/

The poster just clarified that they meant the manga and not the art.

Definition of criticism: the expression of disapproval (I don't like Citrus) of someone or something based on perceived faults (because it's cliché) or mistakes.

I didn't say an opinion cannot be negative or postive. Nor did I say a criticism is ALWAYS negative. I am also aware that there is constructive criticism and that there are critcisms presented badly. So, what's your point? Lol. But in this case his/her opinion was a negative one, a critcism and he/she said that they didn't like the manga because it was cliché. Saying that they didn't like it because it was cliché is a criticism.

I also didn't say that the person's statement wasn't a criticism. My point is, you gave only one meaning of criticism and I just felt like expanding on it. lol

I didn't "invalidate" their opinion by saying non-factual things (The things I said weren't subjective, they are factual) like citrus is not a cliché manga because, how many pseudo-incest, yuri mangas have you seen?

I think the poster wasn't talking about the genre. They were probably referring more on the story or the characters, I don't really know for sure. There isn't one manga that is exactly the same as another. So for them, Citrus could be cliché because they feel like they've already read a story similar to Citrus.

Besides, where in my post did I say that you were invalidating their opinion by "saying non-factual things"? Because your posts have clearly been disagreeable to their opinion and that is far from being non-factual.

Well, I gave reasons as to why their statement was invalid. Are you telling me to keep my opinions to myself, and just agree that it was "valid" when it certainly wasn't?

Ah, I should've actually used a word to describe it, instead of just an "eh". Sorry. Anyway, I'm not saying to keep your opinions to yourself because you are free to share them. What I am saying is that declaring someone's opinion as invalid is like like telling them that their opinion doesn't matter because they don't agree with yours. It's like you're telling them to keep their opinion to themselves because their opinion is invalid.

It is also your opinion that their statement is invalid and it is also my opinion to never declare someone else's as invalid. So, let's just agree to disagree. lol

Well, aren't you a hypocrite.

Well, I'm sorry if you felt like I was ridiculing you if I didn't agree with everything you were saying.

@SecretNamorifan11 - basically, theyre telling you to shut up because their opinion isn't the same as yours. Hahah.

Not at all! But if that's what SecretNamorifan11 thinks about my post, then I'm sorry for that as well.

So, I guess my point is you are entitled to your opinion just as they are entitled to theirs. No one's opinion should be declared "invalid" just because it doesn't agree with someone else's. Your opinion can be disagreed upon, but at least someone is acknowledging that your opinion IS an opinion. And not something that doesn't deserve any acknowledgement.

But again, this is all an opinion. I'm just sharing my thoughts. I think I'm free to disagree and be disagreed upon. Sorry for escalating this, but I just wanted to clarify. ^^

last edited at Aug 30, 2013 11:04AM

Ilsaya
Partners discussion 30 Aug 09:56
joined Aug 30, 2013

lol, how do you read the art of this manga? are there words present that we can't see?

I think the person was referring to how they read the MANGA of this art. As in, the manga that has this art. I don't think they were referring to reading the ART of this manga.

It's subjective, your opinion. but when you give out your opinion regarding a certain subject matter in a negative way (ex; I don't like Citrus because it's cliché.) , it IS called a criticism.

An opinion can be negative or positive. And a criticism isn't always negative. It can be constructive or presented badly in such a way that it discourages more than encourages.

Again, with the cliché crap. If you can present me another pseudo incest, yuri manga like Citrus, then you have my agreement about it being cliché. If you don't have any manga "like" Citrus then obviously your statement is invalid. Lol.

You don't have to invalidate anyone else's opinion just because it doesn't agree with yours. Can we just respect what other people feel about this manga? We can debate about our different ideas, but telling someone their statement is invalid is a bit...eh. We don't have to agree, but we don't have to ridicule them for not agreeing with us either. :)

joined Aug 30, 2013

This is one of the few endings I really liked. I like the decision to not include the sort of intimacy kissing can imply.

But, well, if ever Suga Atsushi decides to make more of these, a kiss or two (accompanied with so much awkwardness between them and just cuteness overall) is entirely welcome!

Ilsaya
Anemone discussion 30 Aug 06:02
joined Aug 30, 2013

Heeey!! Why the hell she didnt like it!?
Can you even be raped by cunilingus? D=

Rape isn't only through penetration, though. If the person doesn't want it, it's rape. Even if the person didn't say "no" and you force yourself onto them, it's still rape so long as there was no "yes" from the person. I always thought rape isn't just sexual abuse, the emotional abuse is there, too.